CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: 10/24/2014  (Read 24251 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 10/24/2014
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2014, 01:42:58 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.

punched and lit.
:)
Enjoy, my friend.  Curious to know what you think.

definitely peppery and FULL bodied!
wow.
Pepin-like?  That kind of thing usually doesn't last beyond the first inch.  Do you retrohale, Dean?

dwgbryant

« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.

got the bad news the other day that Seneca County is not offering out of network coverage again, and the cost about doubled for medical insurance. so now I either try to coordinate my 6 doctors in NY to hit them all in one week twice a year (my rheumatologist quarterly) or pay big bucks for Florida healthcare.
or stay healthy for 30 more months until Medicare kicks in.
don't want to go back to NY at all. period.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2014, 01:54:06 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.

No matter what you pick, it's inevitably wrong... but you'll be paying more for the error.  :)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.

got the bad news the other day that Seneca County is not offering out of network coverage again, and the cost about doubled for medical insurance. so now I either try to coordinate my 6 doctors in NY to hit them all in one week twice a year (my rheumatologist quarterly) or pay big bucks for Florida healthcare.

30 months ain't bad. Folks have car loans twice that. If you're feeling good with no chronic, pre-existing ailments... I'd press my luck and try to do an out of state schedule. but wtf do I know. I have to spend $6000 out of pocket before I can get refunded 70% of an aspirin.  :o

dwgbryant

« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2014, 02:09:03 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.

30 months ain't bad. Folks have car loans twice that. If you're feeling good with no chronic, pre-existing ailments... I'd press my luck and try to do an out of state schedule. but wtf do I know. I have to spend $6000 out of pocket before I can get refunded 70% of an aspirin.  :o

I'm on some high powered rheumatoid arthritis medication that's expensive and can't get refilled without seeing my rheumatologist. that sucks. been cutting back to stockpile but that won't last 30 months.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:02 PM »

cigar #3 on deck.

I'm on some high powered rheumatoid arthritis medication that's expensive and can't get refilled without seeing my rheumatologist. that sucks. been cutting back to stockpile but that won't last 30 months.

Well, I guess that's where you'll have to weigh your travel/time expense vs having coverage there in FL.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #156 on: October 24, 2014, 02:17:05 PM »

and btw, Florida Pain Clinics are notorious if you haven't watched any news in the past 5 years. You could probably get anything you needed, at any amount, for the right price. Just sayin'

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:07 PM »

LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com

sfish

« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »

That's it for me boys, have a great weekend and may god bless you all!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2014, 02:23:23 PM »

Later, fish.  Enjoy your weekend and Halloween party.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2014, 02:24:42 PM »

Have a nice weekend, Scott. Make the warden kiss your ring then give her the staff.  ;)

dwgbryant

« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2014, 02:27:59 PM »

this LGC Black is a slow burning cigar and has mellowed out nicely. figure I'm good until 4pm.

dwgbryant

« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2014, 02:28:30 PM »

cb's fault.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »

this LGC Black is a slow burning cigar and has mellowed out nicely. figure I'm good until 4pm.
And it will make you high as a kite on an empty stomach.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »

That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12