« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2014, 09:13:25 AM »

actually, she stopped by to apologise for a comment she made last night that left me speechless. we were sitting around talking after the meeting last night when she said, "you look pretty good with clothes on." everybody just stopped talking and turned to look at me. guess I had turned a few shades of red.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/17/2014
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:11 AM »

Last week, Lobster and Crab Cakes were on sale.  My wife wanted some, so she bought the Lobster Cakes.  I made them last night, and they included a garlic butter sauce to serve with them.  They were fantastic, but my wife didn't like them.  I asked her why, and she said, "They tasted too much like Lobster...!!!"

« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »

Payday!  Happy Friday BotL!
Hell yeah that makes for a Happy Friday!  Come to think of it might be my payday.  I miss the hell out of getting a check placed on my desk to take down to the bmank and hold some "southern money" (that's what my dad called it) out for liquor, cigars and toys.  All this direct deposit chit takes the fun out of payday.  Morning CG, what's in line for your weekend, any hunting?
Mornin Tex - wife and I have a date night tonight, might go see a hockey game...tomorrow I am working on building our entertainment center and then going to a gender reveal party(gun to head!) later Sat night, Sunday is football day and finishing up any skool work.  Hunting next Fri and Sat and then waterfowl the week after!
You are a busy ?, don't know what since you have not revealed your gender!  WTF is a gender reveal party?  Everybody drop their drawers and see what you got for the first time?  You really should not have disclosed that to this bunch!
Wife has been working nights 6 out of the last 7 days so she requested a date night.  Gender reveal is for a newborn, the parents know the gender and do some corny activity(have blue or pink filling in a muffin, etc) to reveal their baby's gender to the party.  Pretty fucking stupid IMO if the parents already know, but I am also someone who isn't going to find out the gender before the baby is born, so there is some biased there.
For God's Sake! Let's celebrate ourselves and our kids even more to spoil the crap out of them. I love my kids without limit but this is more about the dopey parents saying "look at us, our reproductive organs work"! The greatest thrill other than our kids coming out healthy was not knowing the gender and being surprised
Amen Fish tell-um how it is.  I know about all this early gender determination B.S. But never heard about a reveal party.   What that party shit sounds like is more me me me society attitude thinking everybody else gives a shit about something besides all that matters which is a healthy baby.
Truth be told we found out with our first because I wanted to have the room renovation done before we had the baby and were in shock. Then you realize that you still have 6 weeks and you can keep things neutral and decorate from there. Best surprise was not knowing with the second. The party's just obnoxious
My MiL was all over us to find out.  She said it would make things easier.  Still don't know what that means.  Was she gonna come paint the nursery?  Would it have hurt my wife's vagina less if she new the gender?  Then she did the same with #2 and again with the twins.  She wasn't alone either.  It surprised me how many people gave a shit and judged us for NOT finding out.

On a similar but very different note...  I was also against my wife having an amniocentesis.  We're not terribly religious but we had already decided that we wouldn't abort if we found out the baby had any birth defects.  So why do the risky procedure?  I wouldn't judge someone for doing it, I'm just sayin'.
When I was a kid (1958) the whole family gave a baby shower for my cousin.  One of the presents was a potty chair (a small wooden chair with a chamber pot under it.  The men took the chamber pot, and filled it with beer and a couple of hot dogs, then passed it around for everyone to drink out of.
Is that when your gender was revealed?

« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2014, 09:17:00 AM »

Anybody know what time The Price Is Right comes on, think I will check out the big tittied helpers.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/17/2014
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »

actually, she stopped by to apologise for a comment she made last night that left me speechless. we were sitting around talking after the meeting last night when she said, "you look pretty good with clothes on." everybody just stopped talking and turned to look at me. guess I had turned a few shades of red.
Time to start cruising the sub shops...!

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:18 AM »

[...]

It's that when your gender was revealed?
I bet if CG goes to the party and when they say its time to reveal he drops his drawers the warden won't drag him to another stupid party.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/17/2014
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2014, 09:19:36 AM »

Anybody know what time The Price Is Right comes on, think I will check out the big tint tied helpers.
11 a.m Central Time.

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2014, 09:21:15 AM »

Anybody know what time The Price Is Right comes on, think I will check out the big tint tied helpers.
11 a.m Central Time.
Damn that interferes with lunch at the pinthouse brewery.

http://pinthousepizza.com

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »

[...]

Hopefully at least a girl does it with me ;)

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2014, 09:28:19 AM »

[...]

Just be honest, you're going to a key party, aren't you?

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2014, 09:31:50 AM »

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2014, 09:32:17 AM »

[...]

Just looking to get into a hole!

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »

Time to walk the dogs with a smoke for Fish.  Hope a Short Story hits the spot Fish.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/17/2014
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »

Well, G"Morning Fellas?!?!

I see the sewing circle is logged into Pinterest this morning prepping for the big reveal party... Leave the conversation to a YellowStar and this is what happens.  :o

« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2014, 09:37:05 AM »

Well, G"Morning Fellas?!?!

I see the sewing circle is logged into Pinterest this morning prepping for the big reveal party... Leave the conversation to a YellowStar and this is what happens.  :o
You better do a fact check "Yellowstars" has more pumpkins than you do now!  Morning B.S.