« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2014, 12:33:37 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

Nice!  I wish we had growler fill bars out here instead of 'just' the breweries.  It'd be much more convenient to have them all in one place.  There are lots of breweries I'd love to try, but I'm not going to drive 45 minutes just to try something of theirs that they don't bottle.
This is the same store where I finally found the Founder's Imperial Stout, good guy in there. I'm happy I found his tap list
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.
I don't have one yet, I have to see if he sells them, he would have to
How strict are growler fill laws out there?  Some states aren't strict at all, you could bring an empty milk jug.  Here, some places will fill blank growlers, but not all.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2014, 12:36:37 PM »

@Joe, Did you get your 2nd bottle the other day, or are you expecting it this afternoon.

I did, haha.  Bad part was that it showed up with a leak in the seal, so a 0.5-1.0ozs leaked out.  Package smelled amazing, though.  That sorta thing can happen with shipping spirits but I contacted BevMo anyway.  Said they'd send another bottle if they've held any back for this sort of situation or refund the money.  I normally wouldn't say anything but this is something I may not want to open right away, so I'd hate for the seal to be insufficient.  Still, worst case, they don't do shit about it and I'll just open and drink it now.  Too scarce of a bottle to not ultimately want to keep it.

Got a couple more barrel proof ryes in yesterday.  Nothing like a beer/whiskey combo on these cooler fall nights...

NICE! Your bar is filling up nicely. Hope you get a chance to hide it if the FIL shows up. Haha.

So, if they replace it they'd obviously want the damaged bottle back, right. Did you already tell them how much leaked into your mouth.  ;)

I'd hope they'd replace it, but if they don't have another bottle... looks like a nice weekend!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2014, 12:37:48 PM »

[...]

Not sure if they'll want the bottle back or not.  If so, I'll make sure half of it leaks out in to an empty bottle, lol!

« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2014, 12:38:37 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.
I don't have one yet, I have to see if he sells them, he would have to
How strict are growler fill laws out there?  Some states aren't strict at all, you could bring an empty milk jug.  Here, some places will fill blank growlers, but not all.
I honestly think it's just a money making thing. Joe Canals will only fill their growlers so I should probably buy one there and have this guy fill it, this way I can use it both places. I'll find out for sure
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #215 on: October 16, 2014, 12:41:02 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.
I don't have one yet, I have to see if he sells them, he would have to

I sense an investment opportunity. That Lakefront Extended Play looks interesting too.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #216 on: October 16, 2014, 12:42:34 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.
I don't have one yet, I have to see if he sells them, he would have to
How strict are growler fill laws out there?  Some states aren't strict at all, you could bring an empty milk jug.  Here, some places will fill blank growlers, but not all.
I honestly think it's just a money making thing. Joe Canals will only fill their growlers so I should probably buy one there and have this guy fill it, this way I can use it both places. I'll find out for sure

Partly money making, partly law.  For a long time actually was a law that breweries could ONLY fill their own branded growlers.  Something to do with the 'transparency' of what was actually in the bottle.  Not that you couldn't have filled the growler with something else anyway, but like so many other laws, it was more a feeble attempt to regulate something.  That law has been lifted in California but most places still only fill their own growlers.  I guess the positive is that most breweries sell their growlers cheaper than generic ones, anyway... only problem is that I now have six or seven empty growlers laying around from various places.

I have no idea how this law would apply to liquor stores, though.  I'm guessing it's only a money thing at that point.

« Reply #217 on: October 16, 2014, 12:53:51 PM »

[...]

Yeah this is an odd setup for NJ. You can actually drink in the store, you can't do that at Joe Canal's unless there's a tasting. You can see by the link that he sells by the glass, weird
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #218 on: October 16, 2014, 01:00:10 PM »

[...]

Very strange.  Lots of crazy laws dealing with alcohol, that's for sure.

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2014, 01:03:15 PM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Yup, out of the bag now.  (Chip has access to other resources...)
Thanks Chip, thanks all.
Now that my computer has decided to work for a minute or two another Happy Birthday or more appropriately today:  ‎Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2014, 01:04:03 PM »

[...]

And most of them date back to the dark ages and still on the books.

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Yup, out of the bag now.  (Chip has access to other resources...)
Thanks Chip, thanks all.
Now that my computer has decided to work for a minute or two another Happy Birthday or more appropriately today:  ‎Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!
Birthday Boy! Heh-heh-heh

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2014, 01:14:13 PM »

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2014, 01:16:24 PM »

Oh my god he got it right in the furry bean-bag, made me cringe

« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »