CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: 10/16/2014  (Read 41310 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #195 on: October 16, 2014, 12:06:57 PM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Yup, out of the bag now.  (Chip has access to other resources...)
Thanks Chip, thanks all.

sfish

« Reply #196 on: October 16, 2014, 12:07:29 PM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

Talking more about the payroll numbers... STL is @ 115 mil vs. KC @ 92

Just to illustrate the spectrum, the Yankees highest @ 236 mil vs. HOU lowest @ 45.

Blame the owners of the 'small market' teams.  Lots of those clubs get more money in revenue sharing type money than they're payrolls, meaning owners put money directly in to their pockets.  ALL of those 'small market' owners could have a larger payroll if they chose.  There's no way Houston should be a 'small market' team.
Let it be said today - Joe is correct!  All about owner's greed vs desire to win.
Don't I know it, my team is the Money-Ball Mets

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #197 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:20 PM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

Just to illustrate the spectrum, the Yankees highest @ 236 mil vs. HOU lowest @ 45.

Blame the owners of the 'small market' teams.  Lots of those clubs get more money in revenue sharing type money than they're payrolls, meaning owners put money directly in to their pockets.  ALL of those 'small market' owners could have a larger payroll if they chose.  There's no way Houston should be a 'small market' team.
Let it be said today - Joe is correct!  All about owner's greed vs desire to win.

Well, that wasn't always true. There was something about a ponzi scheme in there somewhere. Before that, ya'll spent some money.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2014, 12:16:00 PM »

With that said, I think there are some Altbiers and Killepitsch with my name on it.   ....well, maybe just one Killepitsch.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #199 on: October 16, 2014, 12:19:02 PM »

With that said, I think there are some Altbiers and Killepitsch with my name on it.   ....well, maybe just one Killepitsch.

You have stumped my google translate, Dave.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #200 on: October 16, 2014, 12:20:08 PM »

@Joe, Did you get your 2nd bottle the other day, or are you expecting it this afternoon.

sfish

« Reply #201 on: October 16, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »

Good morning...

Well, that wasn't always true. There was something about a ponzi scheme in there somewhere. Before that, ya'll spent some money.
Right, but they claimed the ponzi scheme was not a factor in the team's finances. Now they have a fantastic pitching staff coming and won't spend on the lineup to support it

sfish

« Reply #202 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

http://www.beermenus.com/places/4401-pied-piper-liquors

I may have to run out

dwgbryant

« Reply #203 on: October 16, 2014, 12:24:29 PM »

warmer in Ovid, NY than in Yankeetown, Florida this morning.
Stop looking up Ovid....except maybe in a few weeks for their first snowfall.  Otherwise, ancient history!
still check the local news up there. was surprised to see their weather was warmer than mine.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #204 on: October 16, 2014, 12:28:28 PM »

I'm going to take off.  Later guys...!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #205 on: October 16, 2014, 12:29:27 PM »

@Joe, Did you get your 2nd bottle the other day, or are you expecting it this afternoon.

I did, haha.  Bad part was that it showed up with a leak in the seal, so a 0.5-1.0ozs leaked out.  Package smelled amazing, though.  That sorta thing can happen with shipping spirits but I contacted BevMo anyway.  Said they'd send another bottle if they've held any back for this sort of situation or refund the money.  I normally wouldn't say anything but this is something I may not want to open right away, so I'd hate for the seal to be insufficient.  Still, worst case, they don't do shit about it and I'll just open and drink it now.  Too scarce of a bottle to not ultimately want to keep it. 

Got a couple more barrel proof ryes in yesterday.  Nothing like a beer/whiskey combo on these cooler fall nights...

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #206 on: October 16, 2014, 12:30:10 PM »

I just found a tap list from a place a mile from me. It's a little liquor store that has a small bar and does glasses and growlers. They have ST Pumking and Horny Goat Choc PB Porter on tap.

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #207 on: October 16, 2014, 12:30:46 PM »

I may have to run out

Nice!  I wish we had growler fill bars out here instead of 'just' the breweries.  It'd be much more convenient to have them all in one place.  There are lots of breweries I'd love to try, but I'm not going to drive 45 minutes just to try something of theirs that they don't bottle.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #208 on: October 16, 2014, 12:31:27 PM »

I'm going to take off.  Later guys...!

See ya, BD. Just stay away from that school!  ;D

sfish

« Reply #209 on: October 16, 2014, 12:32:25 PM »

I may have to run out

1 vote for Horny Goat... hope you have your growler.
I don't have one yet, I have to see if he sells them, he would have to
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20