« Reply #180 on: October 16, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.
Well you will!  Morning Joe what you doing here on Thursday?

I work Tuesdays and Thursdays at the old office.  Trying to change it soon... talking with my supervisor at the internship, he wants to offer a paid internship position.  I just need it to be for 40 hours a week.  It's currently 20 hours/week during school, 40/week when school is out.  I do school online/at night, so I'm hoping he'll be allowed to give me all 40 each week. If so, I think I'm outta here.
Sounds promising, morning Joe

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:15 AM »

Morning gentl...mofos.
Morning neighbor, another beautifuly day in Central Texas!
Indeed.  We're in the sweet spot of Texas weather.
Well La-dee-freakin-da!
Hmmm, a little left over Tuesday bile, I see.
Yeah like it is our fault dumbasses choose to live up there!
Hillbillies!
Dumbasses!
Who won the war?  ;D
The dumbasses won the last one which in itself proves they are dumbasses cause they stayed up there freezing their ass off while we live warm and high quality lives down here.
CNS, that's funny stuff
Some wars are won/lost but never ended! :)    You can't deny that by most standards we have better weather though!
True but your accents are horrendous
And yours are not??  We also got a hell of a lot better looking women too!
You mean those phoney pageant women?
Nope I mean those natural mega hot young women sitting in the stands on the southern school's sides!
+1  There is a reason I went south for school.  I ain't as dumb as I look.
I have to admit Southern girls are hot, especially Texans
And I swear they develop a couple years earlier than the rest of the US, must be the increased sunlight content.  Was fun being 10-14yo when I lived there-just a horny little CG87 running around with women in bikinis all year round!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2014, 11:43:41 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

Talking more about the payroll numbers... STL is @ 115 mil vs. KC @ 92

Just to illustrate the spectrum, the Yankees highest @ 236 mil vs. HOU lowest @ 45.

Blame the owners of the 'small market' teams.  Lots of those clubs get more money in revenue sharing type money than they're payrolls, meaning owners put money directly in to their pockets.  ALL of those 'small market' owners could have a larger payroll if they chose.  There's no way Houston should be a 'small market' team.

More about the return on investment for me. Besides, your a yankees fan. Not really fair to compare what they throw at the team. Not everyone has their own revenue stream outside of 'profit sharing'. Didn't you see Money Ball.  ;D

True... but all those owners have money.  Just sayin'.  Personally, I don't care HOW much a team spends, it's not my money.  How do the Dodgers compare in payroll?  They've gotta be right up there with the Yankees, if not higher now.

The Pirates, as an example of small market, have been in the shitter for 20 years. The owner has been accused of lining his pockets while the team suffered. The facts, however, show that the team was in the red and have finally started to make a profit these past few years. They should be getting more to reinvest now, but that was not always the case.

And yes... los dodyers are ahead of the yankees this year.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2014, 11:46:29 AM »

Here's a fun little interactive graphic. Place your mouse over the state to see population inflow/outflow.  'nough said.

http://vizynary.com/2013/11/18/restless-america-state-to-state-migration-in-2012/

Like how the comment section devolved into political bashing. Classic
All the "good mornings" done, cigar deal sites have all gone to chit and too early in the morning to talk about beer so what the Fuk else we got to talk about? Border wars or Ebola which one you want?
Beer?

I like beer.

Morning, Scott.
Hey, I drank that Lobster Ale last night.  It was ok, but it was hard for me to look at the Lobster on the label and then drink it.  It kept tricking my mind into thinking I was drinking Lobster squeezings.

Jeez, BD. What's one more glass to wash.   ;)
Damn, ya know I never even thought of that.  And I keep a frosty mug in my freezer too.

Well, it ain't doin' much good to you holding that bag of frozen peas.

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2014, 11:48:29 AM »

[...]

Let it be said today - Joe is correct!  All about owner's greed vs desire to win.

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Happy birthday Dave!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2014, 11:50:55 AM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.

Happy BDay, Dave... May have said something earlier, but it wasn't on the calender. Were you just wanting that little piece of information to slip by unnoticed? Chip blew it, didn't he. jk
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2014, 11:54:41 AM »

[...]
While coming home yesterday, I past the local grade school (K-8), and this one girl in a group of students was wearing a pull over blouse with a squared low cut, and I couldn't believe how much cleavage she was showing.  It looked like a push-up bra and maybe a 32 B.  Do kids get to wear stuff like that to school now...?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.
Well you will!  Morning Joe what you doing here on Thursday?

I work Tuesdays and Thursdays at the old office.  Trying to change it soon... talking with my supervisor at the internship, he wants to offer a paid internship position.  I just need it to be for 40 hours a week.  It's currently 20 hours/week during school, 40/week when school is out.  I do school online/at night, so I'm hoping he'll be allowed to give me all 40 each week. If so, I think I'm outta here.
Sounds promising, morning Joe

Morning, Scott.  We'll see.  I know he'd give me the 40 hours a week but I'm not sure the decision is entirely up to him.  Fingers crossed.  If it doesn't work out, things continue as they are now which isn't bad at all.

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:14 AM »

[...]
I still have pictures being next to girls who were 12 and 13 with C and D cups...everything is bigger in TX!
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Happy Birthday Dave...!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »

[...]

Yes. It happens. The Braves could be put in this category, but they have the dreaded media 'ownership group'. Nothing like when Turner owned them. Although, they vastly underperformed this year. Many of the highest paid guys sucked out loud... or got hurt. Not gonna sell season tickets to a new stadium that way.

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2014, 12:04:53 PM »

[...]
So what has changed besides your age?

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2014, 12:05:46 PM »

Happy Birthday Mr TraveilnDave.
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag Dave!