BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2014, 10:55:55 AM »

Here's a fun little interactive graphic. Place your mouse over the state to see population inflow/outflow.  'nough said.

http://vizynary.com/2013/11/18/restless-america-state-to-state-migration-in-2012/

Like how the comment section devolved into political bashing. Classic
All the "good mornings" done, cigar deal sites have all gone to chit and too early in the morning to talk about beer so what the Fuk else we got to talk about? Border wars or Ebola which one you want?

Top local story this morning was about a 7th grade boy who made a false Facebook page for one of his classmates. Basically to slam, tease and bully the other. Civil suit of $200,000 entered. They (the parents) were told to take the site down. 1 year later, and it's still up. Civil suit was won... bully's parents didn't even show. Boggles the mind.
Well here is our top story this morning, fourtunately about 90 miles from me up near Waco  where Tony's wife wants to move to.  Where the hell is Tony anyway?

American-Statesman Staff

Three Belton Independent School District schools are closed Thursday after federal officials said they were re-evaluating the health risk of two students who traveled on the same flight as a Dallas nurse who was diagnosed with Ebola, according to a district letter issued to parents.

Yeah. If this shit is anything like the movie... we're in trouble. Zombies will be sure to follow.  ;)
NO Problem my BOTL the gubmint has got it covered already.

CDC Pushes Preparedness For Zombies Over Ebola
"…If you're prepared for a zombie, you're really prepared for…an infectious disease," CDC Director Tom Frieden said in 2012

Yeah, tell me about it. Just my luck the CDC is headquartered in Atlanta. I hear the nurse is en route this morning. Looks like I gotta get more shotgun shells.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2014, 11:00:38 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.

COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU!
Afternoon, Joe
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.
Sorry, I'm no expert on the Cardinals.  But what I can say is, "The strip clubs are on the Illinois side..!" :)

« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2014, 11:02:36 AM »

[...]

She is already there loaded her up on a gubmint jet in Dallas yesterday evening and delivered her. But on the bright side for you the Emory Univeristy Hospital is highly competent and well equipped for this sort of thing.  Why the hell they did not take that patient to either Nebraska or Emory is beyond understanding as it is known that there are at most 4 locations (and one is a government facility thus sketchy) in the country trained and equipped for that level of infectious disease.

« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2014, 11:04:59 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2014, 11:06:45 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.
Well you will!  Morning Joe what you doing here on Thursday?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2014, 11:08:32 AM »

Ebola?  Never heard of it.  Morning, all.
Well you will!  Morning Joe what you doing here on Thursday?

I work Tuesdays and Thursdays at the old office.  Trying to change it soon... talking with my supervisor at the internship, he wants to offer a paid internship position.  I just need it to be for 40 hours a week.  It's currently 20 hours/week during school, 40/week when school is out.  I do school online/at night, so I'm hoping he'll be allowed to give me all 40 each week. If so, I think I'm outta here.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

Talking more about the payroll numbers... STL is @ 115 mil vs. KC @ 92

Just to illustrate the spectrum, the Yankees highest @ 236 mil vs. HOU lowest @ 45.

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2014, 11:13:04 AM »

Happy 'almost' Friday. Any deals from the various internet sites today?
Macy's has 30% off all designer stilettos. They have 11 Wide if your looking.
CB could probably help you pick out a pair.
Just wondering Dave, they got Macy's in Germany and you been shopping???
Never seen one here, and the only purchases I've made have suds on top.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2014, 11:13:41 AM »

Here's a fun little interactive graphic. Place your mouse over the state to see population inflow/outflow.  'nough said.

http://vizynary.com/2013/11/18/restless-america-state-to-state-migration-in-2012/

Like how the comment section devolved into political bashing. Classic
All the "good mornings" done, cigar deal sites have all gone to chit and too early in the morning to talk about beer so what the Fuk else we got to talk about? Border wars or Ebola which one you want?
Beer?
Are you saying, the map is showing the amount of people that go out of state for beer...?  Yeal, I can see that... :)
That time has passed years ago.  Back in the day they sold Coors in TX but not Louisiana so there was a huge migration to get Coors, my dad used to drive over to TX (about 30 miles) and load the station wagon down with Coors a couple of times every summer.  Then there was the youth migration from TX, AR and MS into Louisiana to buy beer and liquor when LA ws the last state with an 18 minimum age limit after the others went to 21.
By any chance was your father's name, "Bandit," and he drove a black Trans Am with a custom painted tractor trailer truck following him...?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »

[...]

HEY!

 ;)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2014, 11:17:52 AM »

Good morning...
Morning hell, afternoon Dad.  What is with the damn Cardinals anyway?  You need to get your ass out of the N St Louis strip joints and get the ball club on track.

Think I'll have to cheer for the small market Royals. Growing tired of the Giants/Cards. Guess this is how ya'll felt in the 90's.
Giants are definitely a large market but the Royals are not a hugely smaller market than the Cardinals.

Talking more about the payroll numbers... STL is @ 115 mil vs. KC @ 92

Just to illustrate the spectrum, the Yankees highest @ 236 mil vs. HOU lowest @ 45.

Blame the owners of the 'small market' teams.  Lots of those clubs get more money in revenue sharing type money than they're payrolls, meaning owners put money directly in to their pockets.  ALL of those 'small market' owners could have a larger payroll if they chose.  There's no way Houston should be a 'small market' team.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »

Good morning...
Good mornin BD!
Hi Shaun...  What's new...?  I finally broke down and bought some Brick Houses last night on the jam. My first purchase since June.