CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: 10/16/2014  (Read 41194 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 10/16/2014
« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

Alright I'm out, see you boys tomorrow for the best day of the week

Later, Scott.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2014, 02:36:57 PM »

Steak taco salad with salsa, cheese, and jalapeno ranch...amazing!
Smoked Brisket Sandwich from House Park Barbeque - since 1943  BYOB too.  Mighty damn good!
I've gotta admit, they have a catchy slogan. You won't see advertising like this up North
That would be the place and they got some mighty good smoked brisket.  Nice folks that run it too.  funny thing is it has been in the same little shack in a popular area of town since 1943 and hardly anybody knows about it.  You won't find brisket like that up north either.
More teeth up here though
We have fabulous prosciutto
And that is some good chit too!!!!  Pizza place at the brewery puts "spec" they call it on a pizza and it is some kind of good.  You got much better "sandwich deli's" up your way too.
I actually love regional differences, every area has it's strengths and weaknesses
I am 99.9% in agreement as I do too but living in MO for 4 years the only regional cuisine is not good cuisine.  (Sorry BD) I really never found any special food up there, KC has some pretty good bbq but far from the best.  Iowa and Nebraska for Steaks!  Louisiana & New York for Italian, much different Italian in the two places!   All the coasts have different seafoods which is neat and they are all good in different ways.  California for great fresh fruits and vegetables.  Northwest for best Salmon.  Texas for BBQ and gulf seafood, east Texas for comfort food.   And the list goes on!  New Orleans for great food of many varieties, my favorite eating town in America.
Not sure what we have here, I suppose some Norwegian traditional food and just all around comfort food...gotta stay warm!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2014, 02:43:41 PM »

Happy 'almost' Friday. Any deals from the various internet sites today?
Macy's has 30% off all designer stilettos. They have 11 Wide if your looking.
Macy's "Black Friday" sales will begin 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »

Happy 'almost' Friday. Any deals from the various internet sites today?
Macy's has 30% off all designer stilettos. They have 11 Wide if your looking.
Macy's "Black Friday" sales will begin 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day
Talk about a buncha fuckin commies! 

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2014, 02:44:41 PM »

Smoked Brisket Sandwich from House Park Barbeque - since 1943  BYOB too.  Mighty damn good!
I've gotta admit, they have a catchy slogan. You won't see advertising like this up North
That would be the place and they got some mighty good smoked brisket.  Nice folks that run it too.  funny thing is it has been in the same little shack in a popular area of town since 1943 and hardly anybody knows about it.  You won't find brisket like that up north either.
And that is some good chit too!!!!  Pizza place at the brewery puts "spec" they call it on a pizza and it is some kind of good.  You got much better "sandwich deli's" up your way too.
I actually love regional differences, every area has it's strengths and weaknesses
I am 99.9% in agreement as I do too but living in MO for 4 years the only regional cuisine is not good cuisine.  (Sorry BD) I really never found any special food up there, KC has some pretty good bbq but far from the best.  Iowa and Nebraska for Steaks!  Louisiana & New York for Italian, much different Italian in the two places!   All the coasts have different seafoods which is neat and they are all good in different ways.  California for great fresh fruits and vegetables.  Northwest for best Salmon.  Texas for BBQ and gulf seafood, east Texas for comfort food.   And the list goes on!  New Orleans for great food of many varieties, my favorite eating town in America.
Not sure what we have here, I suppose some Norwegian traditional food and just all around comfort food...gotta stay warm!
Buffalo is mighty damn good steak and burgers you got some of that?   You also got oil rig food and tht my friend is warm and comfortable.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »

Signing out for the day.  Finishing a few last things and then I'm outta here.  Have a great weekend, all.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2014, 02:45:48 PM »

Signing out for the day.  Finishing a few last things and then I'm outta here.  Have a great weekend, all.
Enjoy your weekend Joe.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2014, 02:47:09 PM »

Buffalo is mighty damn good steak and burgers you got some of that?   You also got oil rig food and tht my friend is warm and comfortable.
Yeah Bison is really tasty...lot of upland game too I guess...most of the good food around here is from the land which is pretty neat.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »

See ya Joe, have a nice weekend!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2014, 02:48:57 PM »

Yeah Bison is really tasty...lot of upland game too I guess...most of the good food around here is from the land which is pretty neat.
Oh yeah them pheasants is mighty tasty, and you got ducks too they is wonderful in some gumbo if you got flour and oil you can makes that.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »

eighteen?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »

I could use her in my next meeting -

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2014, 03:01:32 PM »

Oh yeah them pheasants is mighty tasty, and you got ducks too they is wonderful in some gumbo if you got flour and oil you can makes that.

A good roux could make the asshole out of a porcupine tasty.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #268 on: October 16, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »

Me myself I am going home and take care of a seagar and some brew on this 86 degree afternoon.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

Me myself I am going home and take care of a seagar and some brew on this 86 degree afternoon.
Catch ya in a bit Tex!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20