jswaykos

« Reply #225 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »

Morning, all.
Hey Joe.  FredBob tried to take your place with some enabling earlier but then dropped the ball.  You're gonna have to train him or someone else to do a better job in your absence.

I'm assuming it was the ol', ask-about-a-deal-but-don't-share-where routine?  Morning, Tony.
That's exactly what he did, how'd you know? Morning Joe

Because it's what everyone always does.  Brags about a deal, doesn't share.  Sheesh.  If it were LTG, he'd have shared a good deal and we would've bought it all before he even had a chance to.  Morning, Scott.  Blew the liquor store budget on whiskey last week so I had to leave the Imperial Biscotti Break behind.  Maybe this week.

« Reply #226 on: October 14, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »

Morning, all.
Hey Joe.  FredBob tried to take your place with some enabling earlier but then dropped the ball.  You're gonna have to train him or someone else to do a better job in your absence.

I'm assuming it was the ol', ask-about-a-deal-but-don't-share-where routine?  Morning, Tony.
That's about it.  I'm sure I could have checked my emails and the various Internet sites to find the deal, but I'm not really looking to buy anything.
Boy, you love that "various internet sites" term
I actually went back to an old post to make sure I was wording it properly.  Glad you enjoyed it.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2014, 11:44:27 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe.

Hey there, Dave!  The posts are fast and furious this morning... gotta stretch my fingers or I'll hurt myself.

« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2014, 11:45:36 AM »

Tat Shelf

Like that Acurite!  One of about 3 good things they sell at Walmart, had the same one in my largest humi for 5 years with nothing needed but a battery change about every 2 years.  Nice inventory you got there too but keep your hands out of that cookie jar.
Those are the best, I have 3 in there that I use...love the 24hr range and for $9 on amazon they are less than the $16 little pucks!
Most Walmarts have them for around that price too.

« Reply #229 on: October 14, 2014, 11:46:31 AM »

Morning, all.
Hey Joe.  FredBob tried to take your place with some enabling earlier but then dropped the ball.  You're gonna have to train him or someone else to do a better job in your absence.

I'm assuming it was the ol', ask-about-a-deal-but-don't-share-where routine?  Morning, Tony.
That's exactly what he did, how'd you know? Morning Joe

Because it's what everyone always does.  Brags about a deal, doesn't share.  Sheesh.  If it were LTG, he'd have shared a good deal and we would've bought it all before he even had a chance to.  Morning, Scott.  Blew the liquor store budget on whiskey last week so I had to leave the Imperial Biscotti Break behind.  Maybe this week.
If I'm planning on buying it, believe me, I'm waiting for the confirmation screen before that one goes public. I just never buy anything. ;)

« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe.

Hey there, Dave!  The posts are fast and furious this morning... gotta stretch my fingers or I'll hurt myself.
Unusally busy day around here so far.

« Reply #231 on: October 14, 2014, 11:52:43 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe.

Hey there, Dave!  The posts are fast and furious this morning... gotta stretch my fingers or I'll hurt myself.
Unusally busy day around here so far.
Tuesdays!

« Reply #232 on: October 14, 2014, 11:54:02 AM »

Morning, all.
Morning Joe.

Hey there, Dave!  The posts are fast and furious this morning... gotta stretch my fingers or I'll hurt myself.
Unusally busy day around here so far.
Obama's fault.

« Reply #233 on: October 14, 2014, 11:56:13 AM »

« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2014, 12:01:43 PM »

Morning, all.
Good morning GubmentJoe!

Hey there, Shaun.  Still waiting to hear back from the city on the job I applied for last week.  I imagine they're cleaning out my corner office before calling to offer the position.  Workin' the chaotic world of small business/private sector today, LOL.  Excited to come in today since I've got some really nice whiskeys being delivered that I 'won' the chance to purchase in a BevMo lottery.
Hope it works out, would be nice to have that all lined up!  What spirits arrive today?!?!?!

Not getting my hopes up for this job, to be honest.  It COULD work out, I guess I wouldn't be totally stunned if it did, but since I don't yet have the experience or the degree they might not qualify me.  Depends on the applicant pool and if they know my supervisor with the county and take his recommendation, I guess.  We'll see.

Got a bottle of William Larue Weller and Thomas H. Handy Sazerac rye from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection coming in.  Might actually be a Sazarac 18 year instead of the THH, the order screen had one pictured and another listed.  Wanted them both so I ordered it anyway.  Can always trade or sell it for something else.

A write up of this year's collection, for anyone interested:  http://www.drinkhacker.com/2014/09/15/review-buffalo-trace-antique-collection-2014-edition/
Damn...that's sweet.  Well hopefully they go off that recommendation...amazing the 'who' ya know is often much more important than that 'what'
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:03 PM »

Quick search finds Illusione Rothchildes at Small Batch Cigar 10/$41, free shipping. Use code 'rcigars' for 10% off.

GFY, Fred.

https://smallbatchcigar.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=illusione+rothchildes&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0

« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »

Quick search finds Illusione Rothchildes at Small Batch Cigar 10/$41, free shipping. Use code 'rcigars' for 10% off.

GFY, Fred.

https://smallbatchcigar.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=illusione+rothchildes&search_in_description=1&x=0&y=0
Fuck off Fred, we got Joe!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 10/14/2014
« Reply #237 on: October 14, 2014, 12:14:38 PM »

What's up, gentlemen?

« Reply #238 on: October 14, 2014, 12:16:08 PM »

What's up, gentlemen?
Dave!!!  How goes it in AZ?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 10/14/2014
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2014, 12:16:50 PM »

What's up, gentlemen?

Well, shit. Look what the cat dragged in. I'll see your post and raise you one...

Fuckin' USC