« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 08:46:37 AM »

Happy Cristoforo Colombo Day!
I'm actually happy with the Italian's contributions to this country e.g bad hairdos, the guinea T, organized crime and artificial insemination

« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 08:47:32 AM »

Good morning gents!
Well good morning CG welcome to the dud of a Jam.
Good mornin Tex - ohh the days of the good jams where I would actually sit and watch them
Oh yeah that has been the topic of the day for the most part.  How was the hunting?
It was ok, nice weather in the morning for the first 2 walks but then ie became almost too windy in the afternoon(25mph winds) so the dogs were struggling to pickup anything.  We saw 12 hens and 3 roosters, 2 roosters way out in front and we dropped one(soft hit) and never found it(landed in deep cover around water).
Dog did well, no issue with gun shots, so that's a nice relief.
So youngster tell me who these bird hunters are.
I gots nuthin :(

« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 08:49:39 AM »

Good morning gents!
Well good morning CG welcome to the dud of a Jam.
Good mornin Tex - ohh the days of the good jams where I would actually sit and watch them
Oh yeah that has been the topic of the day for the most part.  How was the hunting?
It was ok, nice weather in the morning for the first 2 walks but then ie became almost too windy in the afternoon(25mph winds) so the dogs were struggling to pickup anything.  We saw 12 hens and 3 roosters, 2 roosters way out in front and we dropped one(soft hit) and never found it(landed in deep cover around water).
Dog did well, no issue with gun shots, so that's a nice relief.
So youngster tell me who these bird hunters are.
Easy, but you said "youngster", so I'll take old farts for $200, Alex.

« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:42 AM »

Good morning gents!
Well good morning CG welcome to the dud of a Jam.
Good mornin Tex - ohh the days of the good jams where I would actually sit and watch them
Oh yeah that has been the topic of the day for the most part.  How was the hunting?
It was ok, nice weather in the morning for the first 2 walks but then ie became almost too windy in the afternoon(25mph winds) so the dogs were struggling to pickup anything.  We saw 12 hens and 3 roosters, 2 roosters way out in front and we dropped one(soft hit) and never found it(landed in deep cover around water).
Dog did well, no issue with gun shots, so that's a nice relief.
So youngster tell me who these bird hunters are.
I gots nuthin :(
Hah!  Phil Harris and Bing Crosby pheasant hunting on The American Sportsman with Curt Gowdy in late 60's - early 70's.  First ever TV hunting and fishing show was on ABC for many years.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2014, 08:53:53 AM »

12 Diesel Unlimited Maduro Robusto
         10/32.50
11 My Father No. 4 Lancero
          5/32.50
10 E.P. Carrillo New Wave Robusto
         10/29.99
 9 Sons of Anarchy by Black Crown Robusto
          5/19.99
 8 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959 Robusto Robusto
         10/32.50
 7 Latitude Zero Torpdo
          5/22.50
 6 Gurkha Warpig Robusto
         10/26.50
 5 Oliva Serie 'V' Torpedo
          5/29.50
 4 Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1
         10/37.50
 3 La Aroma de Cuba
          5/26.99
 2 Romeo y Julieta Media Noche
         10/37.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista
          3/39.99

« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:06 AM »

[...]
Phil Harris?  Looks like Henny Youngman to me.

« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »

[...]
That would be Phil Harris the singer (1904-1995) not Phil Harris the Deadliest Catch captain. You should have taken Youngsters not Old Farts.

« Reply #127 on: October 13, 2014, 09:07:11 AM »

Last cup of coffee poured maybe a rare morning cigar today.  I am starting to feel like Dean and it ain't bad.  Off Friday so a mild 3-day week to deal with.   And where the hell is Dean anyway?

« Reply #128 on: October 13, 2014, 09:10:31 AM »

[...]
Ok, but could Phil Harris the singer smell crab farts?

« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2014, 09:15:21 AM »

[...]
Well, Phil, Henny and Bing look pretty similar to each other now...

« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2014, 09:22:21 AM »

[...]
Yeah planted in a Daisy Bed.

« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2014, 09:24:06 AM »

Very interesting College Football program story here and I imagine it has a bunch of others going oh-chit take shelter!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/us/florida-state-football-casts-shadow-over-tallahassee-justice.html?ref=sports

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2014, 09:36:41 AM »

13 Carlos Torano Loyal Torpedo
         10/29.50
[...]

« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2014, 09:38:16 AM »

At least we are getting a variety of Torano's!

« Reply #134 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:39 AM »

At least we are getting a variety of Torano's!
What an upbeat guy. I feel better about this jam already.