Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »

Guten morgen Herr Dave

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2014, 05:38:18 AM »

But as has been discussed before, from conversations with Steve R, the % of sales attributed to Jams is pretty small.  They mostly use it as a teaser or ad so they don't loose much sleep over it.
Thing is 98% or more of all their specials, not just Jams, are trash and/or not deals anymore.  Something has changed with them for sure.  And it is more like 99.99% at the Sister.

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2014, 05:41:14 AM »

Guten morgen Herr Dave
Buenos Dias Senior.  Is It cold over there?

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2014, 05:45:13 AM »

Even beat Chip in this morning.
Where are you today or headed to today?
Just settled into the office in Ratingen (near Dusseldorf) after early morning arrival.
You are going to end up with permanent jet lag.
No argument there.
Have they issued you Ebola suits yet?

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:07 AM »

It looks like I will have plenty of time to get my morning work done now before I need to update the recaps again. Big sheesh time.
Damn Warpigs again...
Starting to really feel used with these constant crappy deals aren't you?
Getting to the point of not even being interested in following the Jam.  Not much fun when there are only one or two deals you have any interest in, discount may not be great, or you're not going to hang around and miss them for the five minutes the good ones are up....like Nica Rustica's for example.
I don't understand their marketing strategy, then again they may not have one.
+1

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2014, 05:58:33 AM »

IMHO I tend to think that the premium cigar industry as a whole from manufacturers  to retailers is not in the best financial condition.  The constant industry consolidations are a strong hint.  CI announced a lot of corporate juggling a whole back that would usually be an indicator of troubled waters too.  Commies and taxes have to be hurting the entire industry.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2014, 06:01:01 AM »

IMHO I tend to think that the premium cigar industry as a whole from manufacturers  to retailers is not in the best financial condition.  The constant industry consolidations are a strong hint.  CI announced a lot of corporate juggling a whole back that would usually be an indicator of troubled waters too.  Commies and taxes have to be hurting the entire industry.
Running scared and cutting back seldom helps the bottom line in the long run, most companies forget to take care of their customer and give them what they want, that is usually what made them prosper to start with.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2014, 06:02:27 AM »

8 Carlos Torano Exodus Gold 1959 Robusto Robusto
         10/32.50
 7 Latitude Zero Torpdo
          5/22.50
 6 Gurkha Warpig Robusto
         10/26.50
 5 Oliva Serie 'V' Torpedo
          5/29.50
 4 Man O' War Ruination Robusto #1
         10/37.50
 3 La Aroma de Cuba
          5/26.99
 2 Romeo y Julieta Media Noche
         10/37.50
 1 Ave Maria Reconquista
          3/39.99

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2014, 06:03:35 AM »

Guten morgen Herr Dave
Buenos Dias Senior.  Is It cold over there?
Not bad at all.  High's in the low 70's...so about the same as what I left at home.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 10/13/2014
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2014, 06:04:36 AM »

IMHO I tend to think that the premium cigar industry as a whole from manufacturers  to retailers is not in the best financial condition.  The constant industry consolidations are a strong hint.  CI announced a lot of corporate juggling a whole back that would usually be an indicator of troubled waters too.  Commies and taxes have to be hurting the entire industry.
Running scared and cutting back seldom helps the bottom line in the long run, most companies forget to take care of their customer and give them what they want, that is usually what made them prosper to start with.
I meant what we were currently asking for and not what we were asking for 4 years ago like this current deal. Sheesh!

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2014, 06:06:48 AM »

Morning, all. See we have another Bitchin' Jam on our hands. Too bad the bitchin' is from us!

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2014, 06:12:26 AM »

IMHO I tend to think that the premium cigar industry as a whole from manufacturers  to retailers is not in the best financial condition.  The constant industry consolidations are a strong hint.  CI announced a lot of corporate juggling a whole back that would usually be an indicator of troubled waters too.  Commies and taxes have to be hurting the entire industry.
Running scared and cutting back seldom helps the bottom line in the long run, most companies forget to take care of their customer and give them what they want, that is usually what made them prosper to start with.
I meant what we were currently asking for and not what we were asking for 4 years ago like this current deal. Sheesh!
Very true with both posts but desperate moves are the norm and 1st change is always reduce marketing and increase bean counter control including raising prices and forgetting about the customers.  Very classic and very obvious with Famous, CI her Sister.  I have also noted that when I visit B&M's anymore I am usually the only one there except maybe a couple of the owners smoking buddies.  Last few visits to the biggest one here I have been the only person there and they have substantially reduced their accessory inventories.

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2014, 06:12:56 AM »

Morning, all. See we have another Bitchin' Jam on our hands. Too bad the bitchin' is from us!
Morning Golfing Dave.

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2014, 06:13:27 AM »

Guess I am the only lucky dog with a Holiday today.

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2014, 06:15:15 AM »

All these commie smoking laws and taxes have to be killing the cigar industry in this country.  I mean in a big city you are lucky to find 1 or 2 places where you can enjoy a cigar anymore.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22