CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on October 23, 2014, 11:15:36 PM

Title: 10/24/2014
Post by: CigarBanter on October 23, 2014, 11:15:36 PM
Just to mix it up a bit... Let's talk cigars!  What deals have you found on the various Internet sites today?

Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:22:02 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:25:30 AM
Today is Friday, Oct. 24, the 297th day of 2014. There are 68 days left in the year.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:26:04 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Oct. 24, 1939, Benny Goodman and His Orchestra recorded their signature theme, "Let's Dance," for Columbia Records in New York. DuPont began publicly selling its nylon stockings in Wilmington, Delaware.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:26:29 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:27:23 AM
In 1537, Jane Seymour, the third wife of England's King Henry VIII, died 12 days after giving birth to Prince Edward, later King Edward VI.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:27:47 AM
In 1648, the Peace of Westphalia (west-FAY'-lee-uh) ended the Thirty Years War and effectively destroyed the Holy Roman Empire.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:28:02 AM
In 1861, the first transcontinental telegraph message was sent by Chief Justice Stephen J. Field of California from San Francisco to President Abraham Lincoln in Washington, D.C., over a line built by the Western Union Telegraph Co.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:28:24 AM
In 1936, the short story "The Devil and Daniel Webster" by Stephen Vincent Benet was published in The Saturday Evening Post.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:28:55 AM
In 1940, the 40-hour work week went into effect under the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:29:20 AM
In 1952, Republican presidential candidate Dwight D. Eisenhower declared in Detroit, "I shall go to Korea" as he promised to end the conflict. (He made the visit over a month later.)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:29:47 AM
In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:30:10 AM
In 1964, Northern Rhodesia became the independent Republic of Zambia.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:30:30 AM
In 1972, Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson, who'd broken Major League Baseball's color barrier in 1947, died in Stamford, Connecticut, at age 53.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:31:18 AM
1987, 30 years after it was expelled, the Teamsters union was welcomed back into the AFL-CIO. (However, the Teamsters disafilliated themselves from the AFL-CIO in 2005.)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:31:41 AM
In 1994, actor Raul Julia died in Manhasset, Long Island, New York, at age 54.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:32:17 AM

In 2002, authorities apprehended Army veteran John Allen Muhammad and teenager Lee Boyd Malvo near Myersville, Maryland, in the Washington-area sniper attacks. (Malvo was later sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole; Muhammad was sentenced to death and executed in 2009.)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:33:08 AM
Ten years ago: A plane owned by top NASCAR team Hendrick Motorsports crashed near Martinsville, Virginia, killing all 10 people aboard. A Russian-U.S. crew aboard a Soyuz capsule returned to Earth from the international space station in a pinpoint landing in Kazakhstan. Cardinal James A. Hickey, former archbishop of Washington, D.C., died at age 84. The Boston Red Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals 6-2 for a 2-0 World Series lead. Arizona's Emmitt Smith broke Walter Payton's NFL record for 100-yard games rushing with his 78th.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:33:30 AM
Five years ago: Pakistani officials announced that their soldiers had captured Kotkai, the strategically located hometown of Pakistan's Taliban chief, Hakimullah Mehsud, and one of his top deputies, after fierce fighting.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:33:53 AM
One year ago: President Barack Obama made a plea for Republican cooperation on immigration, telling a White House event, "Rather than create problems, let's prove to the American people that Washington can actually solve some problems." In an apparent first, a majority-female officiating crew worked an NCAA college football game; head linesman Yvonda Lewis, line judge Tangela Mitchell, field judge Sebrina Brunson and back judge Krystle Apellaniz were part of the seven-person crew for the Division II game between Miles and Lane, which Miles won, 38-26. Former World Bank economist Augusto Odone, 80, who defied skeptical scientists to invent a treatment to try to save the life of his little boy wasting away from a neurological disease (and who was portrayed by Nick Nolte in the 1992 film "Lorenzo's Oil"), died in Aqui Terme, Italy.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:34:55 AM
Today's Birthdays: Football Hall-of-Famer Y.A. Tittle is 88. Rock musician Bill Wyman is 78. Actor F. Murray Abraham is 75. Movie director-screenwriter David S. Ward is 69. Actor Kevin Kline is 67. Former NAACP President Kweisi Mfume (kwah-EE'-see oom-FOO'-may) is 66. Country musician Billy Thomas (Terry McBride and the Ride) is 61. Actor Doug Davidson is 60. Actor B.D. Wong is 54. Singer Michael Trent (Americana duo Shovels & Rope) is 37. Rock musician Ben Gillies (Silverchair) is 35. Singer-actress Monica Arnold is 34. Actress-comedian Casey Wilson is 34. Rhythm-and-blues singer Adrienne Bailon (3lw) is 31. Actor Tim Pocock is 29. R&B singer-rapper-actor Drake is 28. Actress Shenae Grimes is 25. Actress Eliza Taylor is 25. Olympic gold medal gymnast Kyla Ross is 18.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:35:30 AM
Thought for Today: "You need not wonder whether you should have an unreliable person as a friend. An unreliable person is nobody's friend." — Idries Shah, Indian-born author (1924-1996).
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 02:36:16 AM
All Night Duty
-------------------------

A police officer, though scheduled for all-night duty at the
station, was  relieved of duty early and arrived home four
hours ahead of schedule, at 2  in the morning. Not wanting
to wake his wife, he undressed in the dark,  crept into the
bedroom and started to climb into bed. Just then, his wife
sleepily sat up and said, "Mike, dearest, would you go down
to the all-night  drug store on the next block and get me
some aspirin? I've got a splitting  headache."

"Certainly, honey," he said, and feeling his way across the
dark room, he  got dressed and walked over to the drug
store.

As he arrived, the pharmacist looked up in surprise, "Say,"
said the  druggist, "I know you - aren't you a policeman?
Officer Fenwick, right?"

"Yeah, so?" said the officer.

"Well what the heck are you doing all dressed like the Fire
Chief?"
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 03:00:44 AM
Time to hit the road for work guys, enjoy your day.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 05:04:44 AM
Time for a double sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 05:58:09 AM
Time for a double sheesh!
+1
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 05:58:59 AM
All 3 Daves off from work today, this could be a quiet morning.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:10:43 AM
All 3 Daves off from work today, this could be a quiet morning.
One Dave here, late but here.  I am working from home today so get to sleep a little later with no commute time.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:11:11 AM
Morning LSU, how you feeling?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:12:51 AM
Looks like Gurkha Friday but it's a Sympnony playing. Sheesh what crap they are offering.  Yesterday was probably an all time low Jam.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:15:29 AM
CG has gone hunting so it will definitely be quieter around here today.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 06:24:10 AM
All 3 Daves off from work today, this could be a quiet morning.
One Dave here, late but here.  I am working from home today so get to sleep a little later with no commute time.
That's always nice, morning Dave, Chip
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:24:39 AM
All 3 Daves off from work today, this could be a quiet morning.
One Dave here, late but here.  I am working from home today so get to sleep a little later with no commute time.
That's always nice, morning Dave, Chip
Morning Fish.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 06:24:58 AM
CG has gone hunting so it will definitely be quieter around here today.
Oh right, figure to hear crickets today in here
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:26:50 AM
CG has gone hunting so it will definitely be quieter around here today.
Oh right, figure to hear crickets today in here
Guess we can listen to the symphonies playing
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 06:29:24 AM
Do you guys remember what the price was on the Cabaiguans from the mash? I think they dropped, seems like a great deal
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:31:03 AM
$29.98 I bought some and just checked my invoice.  Well fuck me Lori!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:34:04 AM
I bought some 601 Red's Tuesday and they are $3 higher today on the Monster.  They have become a total Jackass operation.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 06:38:58 AM
$29.98 I bought some and just checked my invoice.  Well fuck me Lori!
$21.98/5 now? That's amazing
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:40:11 AM
Well Tony you better watch out up there commuting if some asshole with an axe does not get you the Ebola will.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:41:14 AM
$29.98 I bought some and just checked my invoice.  Well fuck me Lori!
$21.98/5 now? That's amazing
More like that's a butt fucking without lube.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 06:47:49 AM
I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 07:21:41 AM
Sheesh!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 07:31:07 AM
Good morning gents...!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 07:39:05 AM
I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
I'm really getting sick of our tax.  We just had a recent vote stating that we only pay 8.6% local tax, and they only want to raise it .25%.  It's only a temporary tax that will only last for 25 years.  Then they threatened that if the tax isn't raised, they will just attach it to the property tax.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 07:41:33 AM
Morning LSU, how you feeling?
Much better thank you.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: LSUFAN on October 24, 2014, 07:42:53 AM
Sheesh!
Good morning Native, Scott and BD.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 07:47:35 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 07:49:32 AM
Morning Dave, BD. I think I just heard an echo
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 07:52:06 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 07:52:20 AM
I got to go vote NO about 52 times today.  The new word for more tax is Proposition and the ballot is loaded up with them from The City, County, Water Supply and Schools and I can't stand anymore tax in my budget.
I'm really getting sick of our tax.  We just had a recent vote stating that we only pay 8.6% local tax, and they only want to raise it .25%.  It's only a temporary tax that will only last for 25 years.  Then they threatened that if the tax isn't raised, they will just attach it to the property tax.
I know what you mean.  We don't have state or local income tax but property taxes are like paying sales tax on your house every year and 65% of it is school tax.  Hard to swallow when the high school (only one in the district) just built a $20 million football stadium and then put a $480,000 jumbo-tron tv in it.  Now say they had a $2 million deficit this year and need more $.  And then there is our water rates, my water bill runs $150-200 a month.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 07:53:40 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 07:54:01 AM
Good morning, gentlemen.
Morning Tony
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 07:54:31 AM
In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 07:56:16 AM
In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 08:06:06 AM
[...]
I pay two state taxes and my property taxes are out of control too.  I have probably the smallest lot in my town (32 x 100) and I pay just under 12K a year.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:10:49 AM
[...]
That is about exactly what I pay but my lot is 90 x 150.  Ours is based on house sq footage, about 20% more in the city of Austin but 30% less across the county line 10 miles down the road.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 08:15:45 AM
[...]
My uncle had an old house that he decided to have removed.  Later when he received the tax bill, it' had gone up.  He called the tax assessor and inquired why did his taxes go up...?  They replied, "it was due to the improvements he had made to the property."
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 08:17:36 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 08:18:15 AM
In 1962, a naval quarantine of Cuba ordered by President John F. Kennedy went into effect during the missile crisis.
I remember this just like it was yesterday.  Duck and cover drills at school everyday.  The nightly news showed the U.S. Warships blocking Cuba.  The news papers covered with spy plane photos of the nuclear missiles pointed towards the United States. That's what I actually expected to see when President Bush invaded Iraq.
And the civil defense emergency supply canisters in public places.
I never seen the supply canisters, but I do remember see all of the Civil Defense Shelter Signs.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:18:33 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.
LOL
Have you gone by and kissed the Rock yet or had a bite of the famous Blue Cheese?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 08:21:00 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:22:55 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
Yep.   SC has a stiff state income tax and loads of hidden fees and taxes though like the personal property tax on vehicles and boats in the urbanized areas.  Not so bad in rural counties.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 08:23:59 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.
LOL
Have you gone by and kissed the Rock yet or had a bite of the famous Blue Cheese?
Don't like blue cheese (do pick up some for my father), did have some Clemson ice cream however!  Can't get to the rock outside of game day.  Some coots tried to damage it years ago and a nutcase broke the original cover and broke a piece off a couple of years ago, so it has to be locked up tight.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 08:24:29 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
There is so much corruption up here.  I'd rather not think about it and just light another cigar.  My co-workers will probably take exception.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 08:25:12 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
Yep.
So if I relo here, we going to be neighbors?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 08:26:52 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
There is so much corruption up here.  I'd rather not think about it and just light another cigar.  My co-workers will probably take exception.
About the corruption or the cigar?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:27:13 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Fish and BD.  Lazy morning for sure.
Morning Dave, you need a lazy travel free Dave, or a Dean Day as we might call it.  Just read a claim they are hiding an Ebola patient in the Greenville Hospital so stay out of there!
I do try to make it a point to stay away from hospitals.  Ebola is the least of my worries.
LOL
Have you gone by and kissed the Rock yet or had a bite of the famous Blue Cheese?
Don't like blue cheese (do pick up some for my father), did have some Clemson ice cream however!  Can't get to the rock outside of game day.  Some coots tried to damage it years ago and a nutcase broke the original cover and broke a piece off a couple of years ago, so it has to be locked up tight.
Forgot about the ice cream but it is good too.  I luv Blue Cheese and Clemson Blue Cheese is really good stuff.  When I was in SC we handed them quite a bit of research $ so I spent some time up there.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:31:58 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
Yep.
So if I relo here, we going to be neighbors?
My son is looking at two things one in Columbia and one in Myrtle Beach.  Is near firm offer in Columbia but early stages of the deal,in MB.  Not sure where we would go but probably toward the coast either way if we go to SC.  SC taxes are a factor for sure.

We also don't want to be "too close" if you know what I mean.  Warden says within about 2-3 hours is about right and 4 hours is the outer limit.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 08:36:23 AM
Won't even start on NJ taxes... Was looking at a new planned development here in Clemson, annual taxes about $3,200....about 1/6 of what I pay.
There is so much corruption up here.  I'd rather not think about it and just light another cigar.  My co-workers will probably take exception.
About the corruption or the cigar?
The cigar.  No one even notices the corruption anymore.  It's just a way of life.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:37:10 AM
Mother Fuk'r my Uverse just gave me an emergency alert notification and changed my channel to NBC and it will not let me change it now.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:40:17 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 08:48:13 AM
TAXES:

The Whiskey Rebellion, or Whiskey Insurrection, was a tax protest in the United States beginning in 1791, during the presidency of George Washington. The rebellion was provoked by the imposition of an excise tax on distilled spirits. Although the tax applied to all distilled spirits, whiskey was by far the most popular distilled beverage in 18th-century America so the excise became widely known as a "whiskey tax." The new excise was a part of treasury secretary Alexander Hamilton's program to fund war debt incurred during the Revolutionary War.

The tax was resisted by farmers in the western frontier regions who were long accustomed to distilling their surplus grain and corn into whiskey. In these regions, whiskey was sufficiently popular that it often served as a medium of exchange. Many of the resisters were war veterans who believed that they were fighting for the principles of the American Revolution, in particular against taxation without local representation, while the Federal government maintained the taxes were the legal expression of the taxation powers of Congress.

Throughout counties in Western Pennsylvania, protesters used violence and intimidation to prevent federal officials from collecting the tax. Resistance came to a climax in July 1794, when a U.S. marshal arrived in western Pennsylvania to serve writs to distillers who had not paid the excise. The alarm was raised, and more than 500 armed men attacked the fortified home of tax inspector General John Neville. Washington responded by sending peace commissioners to western Pennsylvania to negotiate with the rebels, while at the same time calling on governors to send a militia force to enforce the tax. With 13,000 militia provided by the governors of Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, Washington rode at the head of an army to suppress the insurgency. The rebels all went home before the arrival of the army, and there was no confrontation. About 20 men were arrested, but all were later acquitted or pardoned.

The Whiskey Rebellion demonstrated that the new national government had the willingness and ability to suppress violent resistance to its laws. The whiskey excise remained difficult to collect, however. The events contributed to the formation of political parties in the United States, a process already underway. The whiskey tax was repealed after Thomas Jefferson's Republican Party, which opposed Hamilton's Federalist Party, came to power in 1801.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:50:28 AM
Damn we woke Dean up and he has done declared a Revolution!!!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 08:51:08 AM
MORAL:

you can't fund a war for freedom without paying for it. freedom ain't free.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 08:52:31 AM
good morning guys. doing bath tub repair prep work since 5:30.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
I took my 3 year old grandson for a walk yesterday.  We have these large metal storm grates that look very medieval, and he has to stop and look down every one we pass.  We also have to pick up acorns, pretty rocks, and gumball (Sycamore Tree Balls,) to save for our collection.  We walked to the local Honda Motorcycle shop, in which he had to count them all.  It seems they only have 10, since that's as high as he can count. The funny thing was, the last counted motorcycle always seemed to be next to the gumball machine.  When he found one his size and he wanted to sit on it. I wouldn't let him because I was afraid we'd knock it over.  Since he couldn't sit on it, he said, "Let's start it...!"  He's a mess.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 08:56:22 AM
good morning guys. doing bath tub repair prep work since 5:30.
Morning Revolutionary Dean the plumber.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 09:01:10 AM
I took my 3 year old grandson for a walk yesterday.  We have these large metal storm grates that look very medieval, and he has to stop and look down every one we pass.  We also have to pick up acorns, pretty rocks, and gumball (Sycamore Tree Balls,) to save for our collection.  We walked to the local Honda Motorcycle shop, in which he had to count them all.  It seems they only have 10, since that's as high as he can count. The funny thing was, the last counted motorcycle always seemed to be next to the gumball machine.  When he found one his size and he wanted to sit on it. I wouldn't let him because I was afraid we'd knock it over.  Since he couldn't sit on it, he said, "Let's start it...!"  He's a mess.
Sounds pretty normal to me.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 09:02:51 AM
Damn we woke Dean up and he has done declared a Revolution!!!
No kidding TR...!!!  I keep thinking, "where did all the troops get their whiskey...?"
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 09:04:37 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
You emergency broadcast is now coming in.  "There's a case of Ebola in New York City."
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 09:06:55 AM
good morning guys. doing bath tub repair prep work since 5:30.
Morning Revolutionary Dean the plumber.
the repair 'maintenance' did didn't work. I removed the epoxy he used, sanded an area around the crack, cut a piece of mesh an inch larger than the area, cleaned with alcohol, and waiting for the tube of 502 marine epoxy to warm, I'll heat the area lightly with a torch, spread the epoxy, place mesh, cover mesh with epoxy, feather, and let cure for two days. not how I wanted to spend my Friday.

then I get to grab the lawn tractor and trailer and attack a dirt pile to fill depressions in the park. oh joy.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 09:09:53 AM
Damn we woke Dean up and he has done declared a Revolution!!!
No kidding TR...!!!  I keep thinking, "where did all the troops get their whiskey...?"
the whiskey was their pay ............. and then they taxed it. guess that was the 1st income tax.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 09:11:07 AM
STILL DON'T SEE NO E-HERF ON THE CALENDAR.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 09:27:11 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
You emergency broadcast is now coming in.  "There's a case of Ebola in New York City."
Like Donald Trump said, Obama's fault!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 09:37:49 AM
good morning guys. doing bath tub repair prep work since 5:30.
Morning Revolutionary Dean the plumber.
the repair 'maintenance' did didn't work. I removed the epoxy he used, sanded an area around the crack, cut a piece of mesh an inch larger than the area, cleaned with alcohol, and waiting for the tube of 502 marine epoxy to warm, I'll heat the area lightly with a torch, spread the epoxy, place mesh, cover mesh with epoxy, feather, and let cure for two days. not how I wanted to spend my Friday.

then I get to grab the lawn tractor and trailer and attack a dirt pile to fill depressions in the park. oh joy.
"YOU GOT TO"? . You on the payroll now?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 09:49:16 AM
good morning guys. doing bath tub repair prep work since 5:30.
Morning Revolutionary Dean the plumber.
the repair 'maintenance' did didn't work. I removed the epoxy he used, sanded an area around the crack, cut a piece of mesh an inch larger than the area, cleaned with alcohol, and waiting for the tube of 502 marine epoxy to warm, I'll heat the area lightly with a torch, spread the epoxy, place mesh, cover mesh with epoxy, feather, and let cure for two days. not how I wanted to spend my Friday.

then I get to grab the lawn tractor and trailer and attack a dirt pile to fill depressions in the park. oh joy.
"YOU GOT TO"? . You on the payroll now?
nope, I get to, not got to. there's a large hole by my camper I want filled and seems the only way to get it done is do it myself. fucking lazy Floridians!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 09:51:35 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
Weird.  I went down for a cup of coffee and my laptop rebooted.  Normally I get warnings plus I had already installed patches at the beginning of the week.  WTF?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Bad Dad on October 24, 2014, 09:58:35 AM
Time for babysitting... Later all...!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 09:58:44 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
Weird.  I went down for a cup of coffee and my laptop rebooted.  Normally I get warnings plus I had already installed patches at the beginning of the week.  WTF?
Commie conspiracy.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 10:39:40 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
Weird.  I went down for a cup of coffee and my laptop rebooted.  Normally I get warnings plus I had already installed patches at the beginning of the week.  WTF?
Commie conspiracy.
Sheesh.  Are you smoking anything, Deano?  I'm hoping to sneak one in on my commute home.  Think I've got a EPC torp 2nd with me today.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 10:40:36 AM
Afternoon, Fellas. TGIF!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 10:49:16 AM
$29.98 I bought some and just checked my invoice.  Well fuck me Lori!
$21.98/5 now? That's amazing

FUUUuuuuuuuuuk!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 11:18:32 AM
There was no notification just put me to the Commie Today show and had to reboot to change channels again.  Chit now it did it again.
Weird.  I went down for a cup of coffee and my laptop rebooted.  Normally I get warnings plus I had already installed patches at the beginning of the week.  WTF?
Commie conspiracy.
Sheesh.  Are you smoking anything, Deano?  I'm hoping to sneak one in on my commute home.  Think I've got a EPC torp 2nd with me today.
AJ Overrun at the moment before I get back to my tub repair.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:20:19 AM
MORAL:

you can't fund a war for freedom without paying for it. freedom ain't free.

"It's a hefty fuckin' fee."
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:22:43 AM
Hi Steve.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:26:13 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:31:57 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:32:56 AM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:36:15 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:37:44 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:38:55 AM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)

Yup, CGdoubleD is hunting as far as I know.

Scott... probably looking at the various internet sites for growler fills... or takin a nap in the conference room. idk.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:39:36 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 24, 2014, 11:39:50 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P

Afternoon, Oy. Get your posts in now. 18 looks like a big challenge today.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:44:03 AM
Tony, you a Steelers fan, or just have something in with the book the past couple weeks?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:46:23 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
I added a couple of slices of lean pork loin yesterday.  There is only so much you can do.  In the end, it's still a fucking salad.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 24, 2014, 11:46:40 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P

Afternoon, Oy. Get your posts in now. 18 looks like a big challenge today.
......Im happy about work, but little time to chat here, but I do see all the Booz Joe is buying in FB.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:46:44 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P
What up, Oy?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 24, 2014, 11:48:12 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
I added a couple of slices of lean pork loin yesterday.  There is only so much you can do.  In the end, it's still a fucking salad.
"Just a Salad"......you just lost you Italian Card.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:48:25 AM
Tony, you a Steelers fan, or just have something in with the book the past couple weeks?
Indeed, I am a Steelers fan.  If I bet, they will lose for sure.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Oyam18 on October 24, 2014, 11:49:02 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P
What up, Oy?
watching you toss salad Tony. Time to hit the floor, Have a great one boys.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:50:42 AM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
I added a couple of slices of lean pork loin yesterday.  There is only so much you can do.  In the end, it's still a fucking salad.
"Just a Salad"......you just lost you Italian Card.
Well so be it.  I'm gonna make my way to the caf and see what I can find.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 11:51:33 AM
Good Friday, all work and no cigar aint a good thing. Back to work! :P
What up, Oy?
watching you toss salad Tony. Time to hit the floor, Have a great one boys.
I'll post the video.   ;D
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 11:55:49 AM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:55:53 AM
Tony, you a Steelers fan, or just have something in with the book the past couple weeks?
Indeed, I am a Steelers fan.  If I bet, they will lose for sure.

I am, as well... (Duh, nice avi, right.) Know what you mean about the bet. Sometimes I'm tempted to bet on the other team and take the loss figuring whoever I go with will eventually lose. Nice rationalization, huh. Should be an interesting game vs. Colts.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 11:58:32 AM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

Baths/Showers are for Saturdays... whether you need one or not. Looks like you get an extra week, OR you could just shower at the 'dates' house.  ;)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:00:00 PM
Oh, and good afternoon, RomeoDean
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:00:52 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:02:48 PM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
I added a couple of slices of lean pork loin yesterday.  There is only so much you can do.  In the end, it's still a fucking salad.
"Just a Salad"......you just lost you Italian Card.
Well so be it.  I'm gonna make my way to the caf and see what I can find.

It's Friday. Look for the fish option. aka fishsticks.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:03:32 PM
I'll push this page down by myself if that's what it takes. haha
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 12:08:23 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.

as soon as this AJ Overrun is done.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:09:43 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.

as soon as this AJ Overrun is done.

Nice. What are you on... #3 for the day?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 12:20:02 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.

as soon as this AJ Overrun is done.

Nice. What are you on... #3 for the day?

slacking, #2. started the day with a New Wave. 52 degrees this morning when I got up so I prepped the tub instead.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:27:45 PM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Reporting for duty, Sir! Fridays are my busy days, GFY!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:27:57 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.

as soon as this AJ Overrun is done.

Nice. What are you on... #3 for the day?

slacking, #2. started the day with a New Wave. 52 degrees this morning when I got up so I prepped the tub instead.

Still not a bad start. It's only 12:30. Plenty of time for at least 2 more.

Guess Shuan never put up a herf date yet... I may smoke a V tonight. Just to keep in practice.  ;)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:29:42 PM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Reporting for duty, Sir! Fridays are my busy days, GFY!

You supposed to get that shit done early so we can talk about liquor store stops at lunch... You know the drill!  :D
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:30:19 PM
Hi Steve.

Hey, Tony. Guess it's lunch break + slow. You gonna eat today?
LOL!  Am I gonna breath today?

Ha! I knew you'd understand.
Unfortunately, it's looking like another salad for me.  Not all that excited 'bout that.

Put a chicken breast or two on it. I find that helps.  ;D
I added a couple of slices of lean pork loin yesterday.  There is only so much you can do.  In the end, it's still a fucking salad.
Pork loin by definition is lean, have an antipasto!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:32:03 PM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Reporting for duty, Sir! Fridays are my busy days, GFY!

You supposed to get that shit done early so we can talk about liquor store stops at lunch... You know the drill!  :D
I got a ST Mokah and a 4-pack of Dragon's Milk for the party tomorrow. I also have a Stone RuinTen and a BP Victory at Sea in the fridge
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:32:04 PM
tub done, I'll give it until Sun/Mon before using.

I'll expect you'll be picking out a cigar after completing that task.

as soon as this AJ Overrun is done.

Nice. What are you on... #3 for the day?

slacking, #2. started the day with a New Wave. 52 degrees this morning when I got up so I prepped the tub instead.

Still not a bad start. It's only 12:30. Plenty of time for at least 2 more.

Guess Shuan never put up a herf date yet... I may smoke a V tonight. Just to keep in practice.  ;)

Calender says United Nations Day.... wtf should we smoke now?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:33:34 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:33:46 PM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Reporting for duty, Sir! Fridays are my busy days, GFY!

You supposed to get that shit done early so we can talk about liquor store stops at lunch... You know the drill!  :D
I got a ST Mokah and a 4-pack of Dragon's Milk for the party tomorrow. I also have a Stone RuinTen and a BP Victory at Sea in the fridge

That's a good lookin cart right there.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:36:02 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html

You gonna walk around in a plexiglass box too?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 12:38:52 PM
According to a survey, dubious excuses put forward by U.S. workers for taking a sick day range from an employee claiming a plastic surgery procedure needed some "tweaking" to get it just right, to a worker saying he or she had accidentally got on a plane.
Other gems recounted by employers include: a worker having just put a casserole in the oven; an employee who claimed to have got stuck in a blood pressure machine at the grocery store; and a worker saying he'd had a "lucky night" and didn't know where he was.
Another employee told her boss she fell and broke her ankle after her legs "fell asleep" while she was sitting in the bathroom.
Over the past year, the survey indicates, 28% of employees have called in to work sick when they were feeling well, down 4% from last year.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:39:44 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html

You gonna walk around in a plexiglass box too?
If I could get 4 people to carry me, I would. I wish I could build a plexiglas dome for my sunroof like the Popemobile
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:41:03 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html

Is the Warden going as the sexy nun or the schoolboy?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 12:41:57 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html

Is the Warden going as the sexy nun or the schoolboy?
Haha, she has to get a costume yet, time's running short. I think she should be a nun
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:44:04 PM
According to a survey, dubious excuses put forward by U.S. workers for taking a sick day range from an employee claiming a plastic surgery procedure needed some "tweaking" to get it just right, to a worker saying he or she had accidentally got on a plane.
Other gems recounted by employers include: a worker having just put a casserole in the oven; an employee who claimed to have got stuck in a blood pressure machine at the grocery store; and a worker saying he'd had a "lucky night" and didn't know where he was.
Another employee told her boss she fell and broke her ankle after her legs "fell asleep" while she was sitting in the bathroom.
Over the past year, the survey indicates, 28% of employees have called in to work sick when they were feeling well, down 4% from last year.

Is it still a bad idea to call in drunk?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:45:53 PM
Here's the link to my costume, arrives today. I made the staff last night, needs one more coat of paint

http://www.halloweencostumes.com/mens-pope-costume.html

Is the Warden going as the sexy nun or the schoolboy?
Haha, she has to get a costume yet, time's running short. I think she should be a nun

She better get on the stick! Wait. Well, that too.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 12:53:07 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 12:58:16 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

Weather looks nice. What's the temp? 80
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

Weather looks nice. What's the temp? 80

73 but feels warmer in the sun.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:07:28 PM
Tony, you a Steelers fan, or just have something in with the book the past couple weeks?
Indeed, I am a Steelers fan.  If I bet, they will lose for sure.

I am, as well... (Duh, nice avi, right.) Know what you mean about the bet. Sometimes I'm tempted to bet on the other team and take the loss figuring whoever I go with will eventually lose. Nice rationalization, huh. Should be an interesting game vs. Colts.
Not a duh for me, because I have avvys turned off.  But now I'll take a quick look.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:12:07 PM
Where the fuck is Scott today?  And Shaun?  (Although he may have mentioned going hunting.)
Reporting for duty, Sir! Fridays are my busy days, GFY!

You supposed to get that shit done early so we can talk about liquor store stops at lunch... You know the drill!  :D
I got a ST Mokah and a 4-pack of Dragon's Milk for the party tomorrow. I also have a Stone RuinTen and a BP Victory at Sea in the fridge
All those empty calories.  I'm so jealous.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:19:17 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

punched and lit.
:)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:31:43 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

punched and lit.
:)
Enjoy, my friend.  Curious to know what you think.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 01:32:23 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:34:40 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 01:40:35 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

punched and lit.
:)
Enjoy, my friend.  Curious to know what you think.

definitely peppery and FULL bodied!
wow.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 01:42:58 PM
cigar #3 on deck.

punched and lit.
:)
Enjoy, my friend.  Curious to know what you think.

definitely peppery and FULL bodied!
wow.
Pepin-like?  That kind of thing usually doesn't last beyond the first inch.  Do you retrohale, Dean?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 01:46:12 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.

got the bad news the other day that Seneca County is not offering out of network coverage again, and the cost about doubled for medical insurance. so now I either try to coordinate my 6 doctors in NY to hit them all in one week twice a year (my rheumatologist quarterly) or pay big bucks for Florida healthcare.
or stay healthy for 30 more months until Medicare kicks in.
don't want to go back to NY at all. period.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 01:54:06 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.

No matter what you pick, it's inevitably wrong... but you'll be paying more for the error.  :)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 01:59:48 PM
cigar #3 on deck.
I just found one of these in my stash the other day.  Don't remember where it came from but am looking forward to smoking it.  Jeez, I'd love a smoke right now.
Tony Tony Tony. take some time off for yourself. nobody ever said they wished they worked more when they were on their deathbed.
I may do just that.  I'm trying to scratch some stuff of my to-do list.  Finally did my open enrollment benefits bullshit, this morning.

got the bad news the other day that Seneca County is not offering out of network coverage again, and the cost about doubled for medical insurance. so now I either try to coordinate my 6 doctors in NY to hit them all in one week twice a year (my rheumatologist quarterly) or pay big bucks for Florida healthcare.
or stay healthy for 30 more months until Medicare kicks in.

30 months ain't bad. Folks have car loans twice that. If you're feeling good with no chronic, pre-existing ailments... I'd press my luck and try to do an out of state schedule. but wtf do I know. I have to spend $6000 out of pocket before I can get refunded 70% of an aspirin.  :o
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 02:09:03 PM
[...]

I'm on some high powered rheumatoid arthritis medication that's expensive and can't get refilled without seeing my rheumatologist. that sucks. been cutting back to stockpile but that won't last 30 months.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 02:12:02 PM
[...]

Well, I guess that's where you'll have to weigh your travel/time expense vs having coverage there in FL.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 02:17:05 PM
and btw, Florida Pain Clinics are notorious if you haven't watched any news in the past 5 years. You could probably get anything you needed, at any amount, for the right price. Just sayin'
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 02:22:07 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 02:22:31 PM
That's it for me boys, have a great weekend and may god bless you all!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 02:23:23 PM
That's it for me boys, have a great weekend and may god bless you all!
Later, fish.  Enjoy your weekend and Halloween party.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: BackyardSmoker on October 24, 2014, 02:24:42 PM
That's it for me boys, have a great weekend and may god bless you all!

Have a nice weekend, Scott. Make the warden kiss your ring then give her the staff.  ;)
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 02:27:59 PM
this LGC Black is a slow burning cigar and has mellowed out nicely. figure I'm good until 4pm.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 02:28:30 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
cb's fault.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 02:56:39 PM
this LGC Black is a slow burning cigar and has mellowed out nicely. figure I'm good until 4pm.
And it will make you high as a kite on an empty stomach.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 03:03:09 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 03:10:47 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
And we don't have CG here to change the subject.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 03:12:03 PM
If you don't have insurance that pays for them (fortunately mine does) Costco has flu shots for $15.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 03:29:58 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Who invited you?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: Travellin Dave on October 24, 2014, 03:53:07 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Who invited you?
Bite me Antnee.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: dwgbryant on October 24, 2014, 03:55:12 PM
this LGC Black is a slow burning cigar and has mellowed out nicely. figure I'm good until 4pm.
And it will make you high as a kite on an empty stomach.
going to remedy that in about a half hour.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 03:59:59 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Who invited you?
Bite me Antnee.
Oh we talking about hemorrhoids  now?
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 04:15:41 PM
Think it is time to select a seagar and a beer.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 04:19:07 PM
LOL.  Look what I started... HealthCareBanter.com
That's what you get when you invite us senior citizens.... healthcare and bodily functions talk.
Who invited you?
Bite me Antnee.
LOL!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 04:22:27 PM
I'm ripping through my to-do list because it's quiet in the office today and I had very few meetings.  However in the last hour or so it's been difficult to concentrate because I've been thinking about smoking a cigar.  I already cut one and have been chewing on it for a while now.  I have one more thing to complete and then maybe I can split in 15 minutes.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 04:27:21 PM
I'm ripping through my to-do list because it's quiet in the office today and I had very few meetings.  However in the last hour or so it's been difficult to concentrate because I've been thinking about smoking a cigar.  I already cut one and have been chewing on it for a while now.  I have one more thing to complete and then maybe I can split in 15 minutes.
Must have cut a big one hope it did not stink but since it is quiet in the office probably did and everyone else evacuated.  Cut that last one and get the hell out yourself.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 04:43:56 PM
601 La bomba Napalm and an Old Chub Scotch Ale.  84 and sunny out.
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: sfish on October 24, 2014, 05:02:00 PM
I'm ripping through my to-do list because it's quiet in the office today and I had very few meetings.  However in the last hour or so it's been difficult to concentrate because I've been thinking about smoking a cigar.  I already cut one and have been chewing on it for a while now.  I have one more thing to complete and then maybe I can split in 15 minutes.
Being you're on a diet, 5 bucks says you eat the cigar before you light it
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on October 24, 2014, 05:03:09 PM
I'm ripping through my to-do list because it's quiet in the office today and I had very few meetings.  However in the last hour or so it's been difficult to concentrate because I've been thinking about smoking a cigar.  I already cut one and have been chewing on it for a while now.  I have one more thing to complete and then maybe I can split in 15 minutes.
Being you're on a diet, 5 bucks says you eat the cigar before you light it
Leaving now.  Cigar is still in tact.  GFY!
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 05:06:17 PM
I'm ripping through my to-do list because it's quiet in the office today and I had very few meetings.  However in the last hour or so it's been difficult to concentrate because I've been thinking about smoking a cigar.  I already cut one and have been chewing on it for a while now.  I have one more thing to complete and then maybe I can split in 15 minutes.
Being you're on a diet, 5 bucks says you eat the cigar before you light it
LMFAO
Title: Re: 10/24/2014
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on October 24, 2014, 05:41:45 PM
You better just stay in SC Travellin Dave:

New York, New Jersey Set Up Mandatory Quarantine Requirement Amid Ebola Threat