Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Over rice? By itself? Without beans? You'll need to elaborate.
Over rice in Louisiana, never with beans in Tx and almost always by itself in TX.  Sometimes some Fritos and/or cheese are added.  Tonight - all by itself with a few saltine crackers on the side.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Over rice? By itself? Without beans? You'll need to elaborate.
Over rice in Louisiana, never with beans in Tx and almost always by itself in TX.  Sometimes some Fritos and/or cheese are added.  Tonight - all by itself with a few saltine crackers on the side.
Sounds delicious. I made some pulled chicken the other day and the kids had the last of it for lunch today. I plan to make pulled pork sometime this weekend since the chicken was so well received.

Today I won't need to cook because we're going out after the play lets out.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
Cincinnati?

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
It was just perfected here.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
Cincinnati?
A Spanish dish, adapted to locally available ingredients. But in truth, it's just a stew. Sonits roots go back millennia.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
It was just perfected here.
There is something to that.

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
It was just perfected here.
There is something to that.
The basics of Very few things we eat were actually invented in the U.S.

You can make things anyway one likes them but local traditions often drive that.  Try that mess they call chili in Cincinnati!

Good chili is all about the quality of chili powder really, used to be a place in ft worth that sold nothing but chili powders and spices that had some really great chili powders but they closed down years ago.

When using turkey (cause I am not eating much beef these days) I put beef bullion in it and actually tastes pretty damn good.

You can make things anyway one likes them but local traditions often drive that.  Try that mess they call chili in Cincinnati!

Good chili is all about the quality of chili powder really, used to be a place in ft worth that sold nothing but chili powders and spices that had some really great chili powders but they closed down years ago.
Texas Chili Parlor near the state capitol in Austin is the iconic location for chili in these parts.

You can make things anyway one likes them but local traditions often drive that.  Try that mess they call chili in Cincinnati!

Good chili is all about the quality of chili powder really, used to be a place in ft worth that sold nothing but chili powders and spices that had some really great chili powders but they closed down years ago.
Texas Chili Parlor near the state capitol in Austin is the iconic location for chili in these parts.
Great place for some Shiner and Chili, also the only chili parlor I know of left in these parts.

Some of the best chili I have ever eaten was actually about 10-15 miles from where Dean lives in Crystal River.  At a bar there and the guy called it 3-beer chili, asked him where the name canpme from and he said it was so hot people needed 3 beers to finish a bowl.  By my standards it was warm not really hot but really good..

Fixing to put on a pot of chili for dinner.
Texas red, use steak, not groud beef, and don't let beans get anywhere near it!
Except it is turkey not beef today.
Blasphemy. Venison is okay, but poultry? In chili?
GFY, talk to me about proper chili when you move to TX.
This from a guy who's moving to Carolina. I've been there, done that, and it'll have to get a lot worse everywhere else before I move back. Chili wasn't invented in Texas.
It was just perfected here.
There is something to that.
The basics of Very few things we eat were actually invented in the U.S.
Categories of cuisine, like most things, are terms of convenience. Pasta is considered "Italian", but the noodles were invented in China and tomatoes came from the Americas. Lots of chilis used in Asian, Arab, and Eastern European cuisine - but the chili also comes from the Americas. And the French have been using American grapes to make wine for more than a century. Meanwhile, the French insisted Malbec was dead because the grape had gone extinct...then it turned out the Argentinians were growing it and now they own the Malbec market.

[...]

Enjoy me some Malbec too. Goes nicely with Chili. And I've had some decent ones from Chile. Ok, this is getting confusing. Time to go see my daughter's middle school play. See yuz.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16