CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: 12/1/2016  (Read 5608 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/1/2016
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2016, 04:29:04 PM »

I am certainly no fan of Chip and Joanna but this is some kind of bunch of bull$hit here:

On Tuesday, Buzzfeed published an "expose" on the very popular and very Christian "Fixer Upper" couple Chip and Joanna Gaines, and specifically their pastor and his beliefs.

Writer Kate Aurthur - with the support of Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief Ben Smith - pointed out that the Gaines' church, Antioch Community Church in Waco and pastor Jimmy Seibert, preaches against gay marriage and homosexuality.

Keep in mind, that the Gaines' have never once stated their beliefs about homosexuality and the Buzzfeed article clearly states that they didn't receive a response to the matter from anyone from "Fixer Upper" or from HGTV, the network that the airs the show.
As long as they don't get preachy on the show, I don't care what they do in their private life.  I did notice they only have Christian bands at their Holidays at the Silo's next Saturday.
You going?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2016, 04:33:30 PM »

I am certainly no fan of Chip and Joanna but this is some kind of bunch of bull$hit here:

On Tuesday, Buzzfeed published an "expose" on the very popular and very Christian "Fixer Upper" couple Chip and Joanna Gaines, and specifically their pastor and his beliefs.

Writer Kate Aurthur - with the support of Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief Ben Smith - pointed out that the Gaines' church, Antioch Community Church in Waco and pastor Jimmy Seibert, preaches against gay marriage and homosexuality.

Keep in mind, that the Gaines' have never once stated their beliefs about homosexuality and the Buzzfeed article clearly states that they didn't receive a response to the matter from anyone from "Fixer Upper" or from HGTV, the network that the airs the show.
As long as they don't get preachy on the show, I don't care what they do in their private life.  I did notice they only have Christian bands at their Holidays at the Silo's next Saturday.
You going?
Package came to the warden from there yesterday, sure as fuk hope it is not my Christmas present!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #92 on: December 01, 2016, 04:34:27 PM »

Not too bad out, little breeze is a touch cool but sunshine is nice.

601 Blue Lit

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2016, 04:35:30 PM »

Indeed, me too.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »

Afternoon Russian Boar Bean.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2016, 04:38:52 PM »

DOW CLOSED UP 68.35

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2016, 05:02:00 PM »

Little chilly but enjoying an AJF New World.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2016, 05:48:08 PM »

Indeed, me too.
You guys didn't get the memo. We have redefined tolerance. It no longer means live and let live, or agree to disagree, or any of that nonsense. It now means you must agree with the party line or be ostracized and destroyed.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2016, 05:51:51 PM »

Indeed, me too.
You guys didn't get the memo. We have redefined tolerance. It no longer means live and let live, or agree to disagree, or any of that nonsense. It now means you must agree with the party line or be ostracized and destroyed.
But we still love you.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2016, 06:15:12 PM »

Indeed, me too.
But we still love you.
We do?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2016, 06:45:01 PM »

Elf Move Lull?

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »

Elf Move Lull?
......or trump victory tour

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »

Indeed, me too.
But we still love you.
We do?
I'm offended, dammit. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. Right after I finish calling your boss and explaining that you mocked my orientation.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]