Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
11/19/2016
« on: November 19, 2016, 12:00:02 AM »

Welcome aboard!

No the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.

Welcome aboard!

No the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.
The rest of the guys are just lazy. See, here I am on the highway halfway across the state of Washington and headed for Montana, and I'm posting. Sheesh.

Welcome aboard!

No the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.
The rest of the guys are just lazy. See, here I am on the highway halfway across the state of Washington and headed for Montana, and I'm posting. Sheesh.
Beware of ditches.

Morning Gents

Welcome aboard!

No the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.
The rest of the guys are just lazy. See, here I am on the highway halfway across the state of Washington and headed for Montana, and I'm posting. Sheesh.
Beware of ditches.
Indeed. Morning, Texas.

November 19 is...........World Toilet Day

World Toilet Day…at first glance, this seems like an unlikely candidate for a holiday and more like some sort of joke, but the day is nowhere as trivial or humorous as it may seem. All in all, it strives to draw attention to various sanitation issues around the world and work towards resolving them. Despite access to proper sanitation being declared a basic human right, one in three people across the globe, so some 2.5 billion people in total, do not have regular access to a toilet. Additionally, even amongst those who do have such access, unclean and unsafe toilets pose problems of their own, including contributing towards the spread of diseases like cholera, typhoid and hepatitis—in some parts of Africa, diarrhoea is one of the main child-killers. Open defecation is also responsible for increasing the number of sexual assaults perpetrated on women and children. Furthermore, when young girls begin menstruating, the lack of privacy forces them to stay home from school, thus limiting their chances of getting a basic education and, what comes after that, a decent job in the future. World Toilet Day’s ultimate goal is to allow everyone on the planet to take care of their most basic needs without having to fear for their safety.

The History of World Toilet Day

World Toilet Day was created by the World Toilet Organization in 2001. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon of the United Nations said: “We have a moral imperative to end open defecation and a duty to ensure women and girls are not at risk of assault and rape simply because they lack a sanitation facility.” He went on to talk about how having to defecate openly infringes on human safety and dignity, and how women and girls risk rape and abuse as they wait until night falls to relieve themselves because they lack of access to a toilet that offers privacy. Another issue is that toilets generally remain inadequate for populations with special needs, such as the disabled and elderly. Since its inception, World Toilet Day has played a vital role in challenging governments, businesses and other groups to make changes. It has also worked towards breaking various taboos surrounding the topic, in order to facilitate discussion and lead to the creation of better, safer solutions.

Welcome aboard!

No the site isn't closed. It's just that our regulars don't post all that much on the weekends. But don't be shy. If you know of any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about, go ahead and post it. Even if it isn't about cigars, go ahead, you've got nothing to lose. In fact,  you practically will have the entire site all to yourself. But be warned that if you are somehow able to get our attention, we're a spirited lot.
The rest of the guys are just lazy. See, here I am on the highway halfway across the state of Washington and headed for Montana, and I'm posting. Sheesh.
Beware of ditches.
Indeed. Morning, Texas.
Wher you at now?

About a dozen miles west of Missoula.

About a dozen miles west of Missoula.
Moving right along then.  Cold up there?

About a dozen miles west of Missoula.
Moving right along then.  Cold up there?
Upper 30's now we're down from the mountains.

About a dozen miles west of Missoula.
Moving right along then.  Cold up there?
Upper 30's now we're down from the mountainside.
Just about right for hunting.  sheesh, it will be that cold here in the morning.

About a dozen miles west of Missoula.
Moving right along then.  Cold up there?
Upper 30's now we're down from the mountainside.
Just about right for hunting.  sheesh, it will be that cold here in the morning.
Yeah, we're hoping the weather reports are wrong and it'll stay about this temperature. Reports say it'll warm up.

46 degrees and clear here but sunny and only up to 60 today.

Freeze warning for tomorrow morning with temps 27-32.

And I always thought World Toilet Day was on Thanksgiving. I guess I was mistaken.

46 degrees and clear here but sunny and only up to 60 today.

Freeze warning for tomorrow morning with temps 27-32.
It's 42° here now and supposed to get up to 65°. Then rain comes in on Sunday and next week will be much colder.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7