CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: 11/18/2016  (Read 16873 times)

sfish

Re: 11/18/2016
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2016, 07:51:28 AM »

I see CheapoBean missed out on his LDs for the sake of a few bucks, $46 close for the box is pretty darned good
He comes by his nickname honestly.
That's a killer price, honestly
Congrats to them.  Besides, we know how it works, only two lots available, I put in my next minimum bid of $49, one or both of the other bids jumps to $52 (they're not CCB bidders), and so on, and I'm out anyway.
No need to get defensive about it.... :-\
Boxes closed at $46, +$7 shipping is $53 delivered...c'mon! Next time I'll just buy them myself
Dude, that is true, but I had to bid $49 to stay in it.  Only two lots.  C'mon!
You needed to be in there at $46, not set an unrealistic $40 limit. I thought you were in the market for a good buy, C'mon!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2016, 07:52:11 AM »

I see CheapoBean missed out on his LDs for the sake of a few bucks, $46 close for the box is pretty darned good
Congrats to them.  Besides, we know how it works, only two lots available, I put in my next minimum bid of $49, one or both of the other bids jumps to $52 (they're not CCB bidders), and so on, and I'm out anyway.
No need to get defensive about it.... :-
Those fk'ers, I had no chance, it's rigged, I tell you!!!
I feel your pain, Mark. You did the right thing. It's all about patience.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2016, 07:52:38 AM »

Boxes closed at $46, +$7 shipping is $53 delivered...c'mon! Next time I'll just buy them myself
You needed to be in there at $46, not set an unrealistic $40 limit. I thought you were in the market for a good buy, C'mon!
Riding his ass so hard I hope you're buying him dinner later!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2016, 07:55:51 AM »

G'morning, Earlybirds... TGIF!

Now, let's get something to spend our free money on... I see we're all on the same page with that.

Threebean

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2016, 07:57:29 AM »

Which would have won me a box.  You are so smart, thank you!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2016, 07:58:48 AM »

Those fk'ers, I had no chance, it's rigged, I tell you!!!
....at least until you win.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2016, 07:59:51 AM »

Morning SmokySteve.

Threebean

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2016, 08:00:00 AM »

Now, let's get something to spend our free money on... I see we're all on the same page with that.
Morning Steve.  I'm in negotiations with the sis on that you-decide-the-deal email offer.  Doubt I'll get my price on that, either.  Probably should put Fish on it.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2016, 08:01:05 AM »

Temps in the upper 60s today and tomorrow....feelin' like Texas!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2016, 08:01:41 AM »

Yep, we're all hopeful for a great deal that'll probably not come. Morning, Steve.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »

Morning Steve.  I'm in negotiations with the sis on that you-decide-the-deal email offer.  Doubt I'll get my price on that, either.  Probably should put Fish on it.
That and MMAO are usually more stingy than Jams....given up on them long ago.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2016, 08:03:33 AM »

Fish is the kind of guy that tells 'em, "Don't worry, I'll only put the tip in. I won't get you pregnant!" Never to be heard from again.

Threebean

« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:08 AM »

Fish is the kind of guy that tells 'em, "Don't worry, I'll only put the tip in. I won't get you pregnant!" Never to be heard from again.
Thankfully he's behind me and I don't have to look at his "Oh" face. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »

Morning SmokySteve.

It's still smokey, no doubt. With wild fires still burning in N.Georgia, and the wind shifting little in the past week or so, smoke is streaming south pretty consistently. Level 2 drought conditions issued for most of the state yesterday. Guess I get out of washing the car... so, I got that going for me. Which is nice.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2016, 08:13:39 AM »

Morning SmokySteve.

It's still smokey, no doubt. With wild fires still burning in N.Georgia, and the wind shifting little in the past week or so, smoke is streaming south pretty consistently. Level 2 drought conditions issued for most of the state yesterday. Guess I get out of washing the car... so, I got that going for me. Which is nice.
You're like the east coast California. Perhaps with a few less whackadoodles.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13