CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: 11/17/2016  (Read 15087 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 11/17/2016
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning, Tony. Sorry to hear about your exam.

Threebean

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2016, 07:52:37 AM »

November 17 is...........Beaujolais Nouveau Day

Besides being a very longstanding Thanksgiving Wine choice for my family,

Wine has a long and august history, with an in-depth and diverse knowledge of the various vintages and styles being a hallmark of true upper class sophistication. But even among vintners and Oenophiliacs (wine lovers) there are certain vintages that have a reputation for excellence, and owning them is a hallmark of true wine snobbery. Those with a proper nose are able to distinguish a wine’s special bouquet, all of the subtle variations such as regions, varietal types of wine, and how the wine was manufactured.

So what does all of this have to do with Beaujolais nouveau day? Read on!

History of Beaujolais nouveau Day

Beaujolais nouveau is a special variety of wine produced from the delicious jewel-like Gamay grapes grown in the Beaujolais area of France. Such is the popularity of this vintage, that there is something of a competition to get the first bottles released for sale, and they’re always released on the Third Thursday in November. Part of what makes this wine unusual is that under the strict regulations on wine to be found in France, it is able to be sold in the same year in which it was harvested. Such wines are called vin de primeur, and tend towards grapes like the Gamay, capable of short fermentation while giving a rich fruity flavor sweetened by residual sugar.
How does one pronounce that?
https://ssl.gstatic.com/dictionary/static/sounds/de/0/that.mp3

sfish

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2016, 07:53:57 AM »

Duck Dynasty Ending with the 11th season being the last one.  Final episode is in April.  Lasted a long time.
Never watched an episode.
Nor I, however I'm binge-watching Breaking Bad, which I had never seen and always wanted to
Arguably the best drama ever. Solid choice.
It's awesome so far, can't get enough. I'm late in Season 3

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »

Wine has a long and august history, with an in-depth and diverse knowledge of the various vintages and styles being a hallmark of true upper class sophistication. But even among vintners and Oenophiliacs (wine lovers) there are certain vintages that have a reputation for excellence, and owning them is a hallmark of true wine snobbery. Those with a proper nose are able to distinguish a wine’s special bouquet, all of the subtle variations such as regions, varietal types of wine, and how the wine was manufactured.

Beaujolais nouveau is a special variety of wine produced from the delicious jewel-like Gamay grapes grown in the Beaujolais area of France. Such is the popularity of this vintage, that there is something of a competition to get the first bottles released for sale, and they’re always released on the Third Thursday in November. Part of what makes this wine unusual is that under the strict regulations on wine to be found in France, it is able to be sold in the same year in which it was harvested. Such wines are called vin de primeur, and tend towards grapes like the Gamay, capable of short fermentation while giving a rich fruity flavor sweetened by residual sugar.

boo ja lay. new vo

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2016, 07:57:07 AM »

Duck Dynasty Ending with the 11th season being the last one.  Final episode is in April.  Lasted a long time.
Nor I, however I'm binge-watching Breaking Bad, which I had never seen and always wanted to
You're in for a hell of a ride. It gets even better, if you can believe it. I was late to the party on that one too, and sorta glad I waited, since I could watch it all at once instead of waiting a year for new episodes.

sfish

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2016, 07:57:53 AM »

boo ja lay. new vo
Sounds like Dean's trying to eff Tony tonight with his French Talk

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »

boo ja lay. new vo
learned it from the redhead.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2016, 08:01:18 AM »

boo ja lay. new vo
He's gotta use it somewhere. Talk like that in FL is liable to get you shot.

sfish

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2016, 08:02:42 AM »

You're in for a hell of a ride. It gets even better, if you can believe it. I was late to the party on that one too, and sorta glad I waited, since I could watch it all at once instead of waiting a year for new episodes.
I remember The Sopranos being like that, more fun watching at will

sfish

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »

You won't be disappointed. I wanna binge watch The Wire. I saw and loved the first 3 seasons and then waited for my wife to catch up. Never happened.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2016, 08:11:30 AM »

Good morning, fellas.
Morning, Tony. Sorry to hear about your exam.
Much appreciated. I'll get 'er done next time.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »

boo ja lay. new vo
Indeed Bone jew r   Mad Damn Ruge!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:37 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:37 AM »

You won't be disappointed. I wanna binge watch The Wire. I saw and loved the first 3 seasons and then waited for my wife to catch up. Never happened.
Just don't have that much time...as it is, it's taken me a couple of weeks to get all of Black Mirror, although I did get Stranger Things.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10