Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent and repress them. —Karl Marx

There are always too many Democratic congressmen, too many Republican congressmen, and never enough US congressmen. —Author Unknown

We stand today at a crossroads: One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other leads to total extinction. Let us hope we have the wisdom to make the right choice. —Woody Allen

If you put your politicians up for sale, as the US does … then someone will buy them — and it won’t be you; you can’t afford them. —Juan Cole

Don’t buy a single vote more than necessary. I’ll be damned if I’m going to pay for a landslide. —Joseph P. Kennedy

By the time a man gets to be presidential material, he’s been bought ten times over. —Gore Vidal

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators. —J. O’Rourke

In a society governed passively by free markets and free elections, organized greed always defeats disorganized democracy. —Matt Taibbi

In America, anyone can become president. That’s the problem. —George Carlin

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. —Winston Churchill

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. —Isaac Asimov

Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half. —Gore Vidal

If pigs could vote, the man with the slop bucket would be elected swineherd every time, no matter how much slaughtering he did on the side. —Orson Scott Card

Morning Gents, weather is too nice to waste so taking a retirement practice day.
That is a great plan.  Mine is to spend the day in Houston.   :(

Had trouble connecting, finally got in. Morning boys

Had trouble connecting, finally got in. Morning boys
Morning Scott, Mark, QuotesOfTheDayDave.

Had trouble connecting, finally got in. Morning boys
As we all did...Tony is a little distracted this morning.

Testing-testing

Had trouble connecting, finally got in. Morning boys
As we all did...Tony is a little distracted this morning.
Well, I hope he performs better on his exam

Morning Gents, weather is too nice to waste so taking a retirement practice day.
That is a great plan.  Mine is to spend the day in Houston.   :(
Well, you can include a visit to Stogies for some H-town exclusives to make it worthwhile.

Had trouble connecting, finally got in. Morning boys
As we all did...Tony is a little distracted this morning.
Well, I hope he performs better on his exam
We all do!
...and TWSS.

good morning guys, it's GOLF DAY!!!

AF CurlyHead Deluxe and coffee.

45° heading to mid 70's again.

retirement practice lull?

Anyone else get the $10 off code from CI yesterday?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9