Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

  • Administrator
8/16/2016
« on: August 16, 2016, 12:00:59 AM »

It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 05:28:52 AM »

Happy Two-Turd-Tuesday!

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 05:29:34 AM »

Still raining here this morning.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 05:36:59 AM »

good morning. 75° and clear, 100% humidity, dewpoint 75, and UV index will be 11+. very sticky this morning.
Oval and coffee here.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 05:38:46 AM »

U.S. officials said on Monday 15 inmates from the Guantanamo Bay prison were transferred to the United Arab Emirates, the single largest transfer of Guantanamo detainees during President Barack Obama's administration.

The transfer of the 12 Yemeni and three Afghan citizens brings the total number of detainees down to 61 at the U.S. naval base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Most have been held without charge or trial for more than a decade, drawing international condemnation.

Obama, who had hoped to close the prison during his first year in office, rolled out his plan in February aimed at shutting the facility. But he faces opposition from many Republican lawmakers as well as some fellow Democrats.

"In its race to close Gitmo, the Obama administration is doubling down on policies that put American lives at risk," Republican California Rep. Ed Royce, who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee said. "Once again, hardened terrorists are being released to foreign countries where they will be a threat."

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 05:39:21 AM »

good morning. 75° and clear, 100% humidity, dewpoint 75, and UV index will be 11+. very sticky this morning.
Oval and coffee here.
Morning Dean

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2016, 05:40:49 AM »

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
200 AM EDT TUE AUG 16 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms located about 450
miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated with a
tropical wave.  Environmental conditions are expected to be
conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to
form during the next few days while the system moves
west-northwestward to northwestward toward the central tropical
Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2016, 05:47:13 AM »

I'll say one thing for sure. all that rain we had sure brought out a lot of bugs.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 05:49:00 AM »

I'll say one thing for sure. all that rain we had sure brought out a lot of bugs.
It will sure do that, after such a hot dry summer we had very few bugs but since this rain started Saturday we have had a lot of them.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 05:55:42 AM »

Time to get ready to  make the commute and it is pouring down rain.  BBL

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 06:18:33 AM »

Time to get ready to  make the commute and it is pouring down rain.  BBL
Ready to go but raining way too hard to drive into town in the dark, waiting on it to let up some.

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 06:20:59 AM »

Time to get ready to  make the commute and it is pouring down rain.  BBL
Ready to go but raining way too hard to drive into town in the dark, waiting on it to let up some.
You get promoted to IT this weekend?

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:05 AM »

Morning, all.

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2016, 06:21:12 AM »

Morning Dean and Dave.  Got us some Diesel's and Cargo Shorts.

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 06:22:18 AM »

Morning ChampDave
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16