Fred Bumpus

« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2014, 10:51:14 AM »

Good Morning All!
Cancel any orders lately FB?
not recently, but thanks for asking.

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2014, 10:52:00 AM »

Friday!  Morning, all.  Crazy weather here... raining at the gym, dry but thundering here at the office.
Hey JoJo!

Hey there, Shaun.  The boy has his first "real" hockey tonight.  Gotta swing by the arena after work and pick up his gear and everything.
Nice! How's he doing? My son is still skating once a week during the summer, still loves it

They closed the rink for the past three weeks or so for maintenance but we got him roller blades to practice outside.  Asks to do it almost every day. Not nearly as quick on the skates because he doesn't really move fast enough to glide, but he enjoys it.  Doesn't complain when he falls, has a good attitude about wanting to keep trying and practicing.  So gotta hand it to him, he's doing well.  We'll see how much he enjoys it now that it's 'real' and not just randomly skating around a rink.  I doubt they do much of anything resembling hockey, though, similar to the "soccer" he did a year ago.
I would call it a mob skate.  That's awesome he likes it, if he isn't scared to fall and picks himself back up we might have found the next Great One!

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:32 AM »

[...]

Sounds good, he'll love it. You get to score goals, they come along quickly. At first it won't really resemble hockey but it's great to watch how they improve rapidly

« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:29 AM »

Morning Dave and Joe
Mornin' Scott.
Morning Dave, La Bombas from yesterday are on the road and delivering tomorrow. Lori probably put a lipstick imprint on the receipt, that little minx
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »

[...]

AH, yes, shooting is his favorite part in the driveway.  Have to check my ego at the door for now and let him score some, but in a year or so I'll be slapping his shots in to the neighbor's yard.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2014, 10:57:21 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am

Mmmm, booze.   Bloody Marys are one of the few drinks I really don't care for.  Don't like tomato juice even though I love tomatoes.

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 10:58:32 AM »

[...]

LOL, for sure. That works until they can shoot hard and elevate the puck. I had to establish a line he can't shoot beyond

« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2014, 11:03:55 AM »

[...]

Cup-check!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/25/2014
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 11:06:00 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am
Sounds like a full day. Have fun.
I vote for the Bloody Mary.  :D
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/25/2014
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am

Mmmm, booze.   Bloody Marys are one of the few drinks I really don't care for.  Don't like tomato juice even though I love tomatoes.
Friend of mine used to say if it was red it was too weak......cuts down on the tomato juice issue.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2014, 11:11:36 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am

Mmmm, booze.   Bloody Marys are one of the few drinks I really don't care for.  Don't like tomato juice even though I love tomatoes.
Friend of mine used to say if it was red it was too weak......cuts down on the tomato juice issue.

Hmm, I'll try that.  Or rather the next time we go out to brunch or something I'll request lighter tomato juice from someone who actually knows what they're doing.  I want to like them because it's OK to drink bloody marys in the morning.  If you start with whiskey you're an alcoholic.

« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2014, 11:14:04 AM »

[...]

Bingo...I can't do Bloodys tho, but I also don't eat ketchup or like tomatoes.  Do you guys have Ceasars in your part of the country?(aka: a spicy bloody with clamado juice)-less thick/red and good with a beer chaser.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2014, 11:16:25 AM »

[...]

Never heard of Ceasars.  They sell beer with clamado juice.  The Mexicans love it.

« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am

Mmmm, booze.   Bloody Marys are one of the few drinks I really don't care for.  Don't like tomato juice even though I love tomatoes.
Not a fan of tomato juice either, use Clamato. Still tomato base but thinner and more flavor. I actually use gin instead of vodka, considered a Bloody Caesar...now I want one

« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »

Heading to NYC tomorrow with (6) people total. I got my wife tix to Rock of Ages on Broadway for her birthday and tomorrow is it. Matinee @2:00, taking a car service in @10:00AM, straight to 5 Napkin Burger in Hell's Kitchen for lunch before the show. Have to decide on a "roadie" beverage for the ride in, bloody mary or other not sure. Place has a great drink and solid beer menu, should be fun although my wife is a much bigger fan of Broadway than I am

Mmmm, booze.   Bloody Marys are one of the few drinks I really don't care for.  Don't like tomato juice even though I love tomatoes.
Not a fan of tomato juice either, use Clamato. Still tomato base but thinner and more flavor. I actually use gin instead of vodka, considered a Bloody Caesar...now I want one
That's the big thing here...everyone prefers Ceasars.