jswaykos

« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2014, 01:41:57 PM »

Ok, I'm going to go smoke this mofo. Your right, who gives a shit what is could be, let's see how it smokes. AJ myamby hybrid cross with oval and preembargo Cuban leaf.

Lucky!!  Could be oval pressed MC Petit Edmundos.  No bands so customs wouldn't notice.
Looks more like a AB Tempus. Did you ever notice Tatuaje never has "overruns". Just sayin. Don't light that dry deck on fire with your ash, looks like a tumbleweed

They're a brilliant marketing gimmick.  Nothing wrong with selling extra tobaccos, no sense in letting them go to waste, but it's crazy the games they try to play with them.  Could be this, could be that.  Even crazier to me that people fall for it.
Well that's the thing, why the secrecy? They know what the thing is so just sell it as a second or whatever. The price is right if you enjoy them but if it was a true oval that they could sell as an oval, they would. What the fuck is an overrun anyway? Oops, I made too many cigars today! Since when is that a problem?

Yep, exactly.  If they made "too many", which is silly because it's not like they're planting tobacco crops with a certain amount of cigars in mind, it really isn't a problem.  They can always print out more bands.  The cost of extra bands is easily worth the added revenue from selling "real" Ovals.

I'm 100% convinced that these are simply cigars made of tobaccos that were not put to use for whatever reason.  Blend didn't quite work, 'extras' of various types, lesser tobaccos being used for practice, etc.  So yeah, you might get an Oval shaped cigar, but it's because a roller is practicing that technique with whatever tobaccos they have in front of them that day.  Just my opinion, of course.

If something sounds too good to be true, it is.  No reason that wouldn't apply with cigars, too.  Businesses don't set out to sell their perfectly good merchandise at extreme discounts "just because".

Can you imagine if breweries did this?  Overrun beer.  Tastes off, looks a little funny.  The bottle is cheaper, though.  Could be any style of beer, any ABV.  Would you buy it?  I wouldn't.  I would simply look for cheaper beers where I know what I'm getting if I was trying to save a buck.

Out here, Ballast Point is big on selling their experimental stuff.  They don't claim them all to be good, and some they'll even tell you straight up that it's funky.  But they made it, and here are the ingredients that went in to it, so if you're curious what a ginger, habanero, vanilla porter tastes like... well, here ya go.  It's a train wreck.  At least they're honest about it.

But they don't fill bottles and dump it off as Ballast Point overrun beer.

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »

« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2014, 01:49:06 PM »

[...]

:D Well put

« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »

[...]

And they still charge $8-10 a six pack.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »

Time for a beer run.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/24/2014
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2014, 02:15:56 PM »

By the way... Welcome back from vacation, Oy.
yea, you guy sure know how to make a guy feel welcome

« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »

By the way... Welcome back from vacation, Oy.
yea, you guy sure know how to make a guy feel welcome
Vacation over Oy!!!

« Reply #187 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:41 PM »

Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/24/2014
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:50 PM »

Well, I only had a 1/3 of the cigar. If I had to guess it's an oval. Only issue was the draw was open and could be not as well packed. It could be the weight was off by a few grams on the cigars and so they were sold as overruns. Chocolate bombs like the ovals I recall. Whatever it is, it's very good.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 7/24/2014
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:23 PM »

By the way... Welcome back from vacation, Oy.
yea, you guy sure know how to make a guy feel welcome
Vacation over Oy!!!
well I'm home, but not going back to work till next week.

« Reply #190 on: July 24, 2014, 02:26:37 PM »

Webinars Suck! >:( >:(
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #191 on: July 24, 2014, 02:39:25 PM »

Webinars Suck! >:( >:(

They're the worst business idea since Power Point. Mostly because they involve viewing PP presentations from someone who isn't even in front of you.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #192 on: July 24, 2014, 02:41:14 PM »

Time for a beer run.
Must be nice!

Picked up a couple Mother Earth SinTaxes for home, been a while since I've had some.  Almost grabbed another bottle of the wootstout... something about the 13.5% ABV and bourbon barrel aging makes me forget that I didn't like it all that much when I had it last weekend.

« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »

Webinars Suck! >:( >:(

They're the worst business idea since Power Point. Mostly because they involve viewing PP presentations from someone who isn't even in front of you.

Amen on that you have hit it right on the head.  Ppt is nothing but a prop for people who are without presentation skills to begin with.  then they get on a webinar and just read the slides......
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2014, 03:17:07 PM »

Webinars Suck! >:( >:(

They're the worst business idea since Power Point. Mostly because they involve viewing PP presentations from someone who isn't even in front of you.

Amen on that you have hit it right on the head.  Ppt is nothing but a prop for people who are without presentation skills to begin with.  then they get on a webinar and just read the slides......

If you can put a subject in a PowerPoint presentation, the subject isn't that important, or it's a simple enough concept that a presentation/webinar isn't required.