CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216231 times)

LSUFAN

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • Geaux Tigers!

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.
Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.
Some[edit] airlines are doing away with bereavement fares. Basic greed. They are glad to charge you extra for that last minute ticket, tho.
that was about the only good thing I could say about the airlines, sheesh on them now.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.
Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.
Bastiges!
Good afternoon Chip!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Some[edit] airlines are doing away with bereavement fares. Basic greed. They are glad to charge you extra for that last minute ticket, tho.
that was about the only good thing I could say about the airlines, sheesh on them now.

Just curious, but how did they ever 'prove' that you were, in fact, seeking a legitimate bereavement fare?  Couldn't you just use that for every trip?  Or at least once or twice per airline?  Bad karma for sure, just curious...

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Also - Alaska Airlines has free beer or wine from local producers on flights from San Diego to Monterey (maybe to other places but I've never done that).  So there's something good to say!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

Just curious, but how did they ever 'prove' that you were, in fact, seeking a legitimate bereavement fare?  Couldn't you just use that for every trip?  Or at least once or twice per airline?  Bad karma for sure, just curious...
Death certificate?

sfish

Typically only the Italians try that so that's why they were the first to shut it down

sfish

Also - Alaska Airlines has free beer or wine from local producers on flights from San Diego to Monterey (maybe to other places but I've never done that).  So there's something good to say!
That's certainly a silver lining

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Death certificate?

After the fact?  I really don't know how these things all work.  If you were trying to leave within a day or two you may not be able to get it that fast.  Who knows.  Anyhow, heart goes out to ya, Tony.  Safe travels back.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter

Death certificate?

After the fact?  I really don't know how these things all work.  If you were trying to leave within a day or two you may not be able to get it that fast.  Who knows.  Anyhow, heart goes out to ya, Tony.  Safe travels back.
Thanks brutha, boarding now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”

Death certificate?
Got one long ago (12 years) and had to send them a death certificate or copy of the obituary.  They gave me x days to provide it (don't remember time exactly but was adequate) or they will charge your cc the difference back then.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL

Death certificate?
Got one long ago (12 years) and had to send them a death certificate or copy of the obituary.  They gave me x days to provide it (don't remember time exactly but was adequate) or they will charge your cc the difference back then.

Thanks, Dave.  I'm satisfied with that answer, LOL.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}

Death certificate?
They used to take your word for it......not sure now. But like Joe said....bad karma.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1992 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »

glad to hear that Tony is on his way back.
hello fellow botls!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

Well, glad you were able to get to go and close things out.  I'm sure you feel better for having been there.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021

Death certificate?

Don't fly over Croatia or Israel....just a suggestion.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 136