Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216231 times)

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Another AFoC drive-by:  Flight delayed 4+ hours and my cigars are in my checked baggage.  Oh well, time to go cash in my lunch voucher.  Hope all is well in banterland.
That sucks. Safe travels.
Danke, as I'm in Munich at the moment.
Getting tempted by the Cohiba's and Partegas in Duty-Free?
Not at all.  I just walked past.
So spendy...sure is nice to see all those CCs in person tho!
I just don't have it like that, at the moment.  Last minute flight was $2500.  No cigars for a while.
You should have checked on a discount ticket. My brother got big discounts a week apart for his twins a week apart. First week was his MIL and 7 days later was our father, the airlines are usually pretty good with these situations.
Yeah, but the Italians suck.  My brother had asked and they basically told him, tough shit.  I feel like I've been gone for a month or more.  It's been a looooooooong week.
Some[edit] airlines are doing away with bereavement fares. Basic greed. They are glad to charge you extra for that last minute ticket, tho.
that was about the only good thing I could say about the airlines, sheesh on them now.

[...]
Bastiges!
Good afternoon Chip!
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Just curious, but how did they ever 'prove' that you were, in fact, seeking a legitimate bereavement fare?  Couldn't you just use that for every trip?  Or at least once or twice per airline?  Bad karma for sure, just curious...
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Also - Alaska Airlines has free beer or wine from local producers on flights from San Diego to Monterey (maybe to other places but I've never done that).  So there's something good to say!

[...]

Death certificate?

[...]

Typically only the Italians try that so that's why they were the first to shut it down

[...]

That's certainly a silver lining
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

After the fact?  I really don't know how these things all work.  If you were trying to leave within a day or two you may not be able to get it that fast.  Who knows.  Anyhow, heart goes out to ya, Tony.  Safe travels back.

[...]

Thanks brutha, boarding now.

[...]

Got one long ago (12 years) and had to send them a death certificate or copy of the obituary.  They gave me x days to provide it (don't remember time exactly but was adequate) or they will charge your cc the difference back then.
Logged

jswaykos

[...]

Thanks, Dave.  I'm satisfied with that answer, LOL.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}

[...]

They used to take your word for it......not sure now. But like Joe said....bad karma.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1992 on: July 23, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »

glad to hear that Tony is on his way back.
hello fellow botls!

[...]
Well, glad you were able to get to go and close things out.  I'm sure you feel better for having been there.

[...]

Don't fly over Croatia or Israel....just a suggestion.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 136