Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216334 times)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1470 on: July 21, 2014, 12:56:21 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1471 on: July 21, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Hey, whatever it takes! Tried the Four Kicks Robusto again after a few months, liked it much better than the first try

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1472 on: July 21, 2014, 12:57:36 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o
Who doesn't?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1473 on: July 21, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »

Morning Dusty, Will, Joe, Bret

Hey there, Scott.  Had the growler of the wootstout last night... yikes.  13% ABV is no joke.  It was pretty good but incredibly thick/heavy.  I think I want to like these bourbon barrel stouts more than I actually do.
I find them to be a bit much myself, even the Yeti was pushing it for me. Not so much the abv portion just seems the higher the abv the thicker/heavier, more potent the flavors. I want to taste the good flavors, not be dominated by them

Yeah, the flavors were what I imagine licking the inside of a bourbon barrel would taste like.  Or putting the barrel in a blender and turning it in to some kind of paste.  Not sure what you're supposed to 'enjoy' that sort of beer with because it totally blows away everything else you're having with it.  At least I know I don't have to spend a bunch of money on the bourbon barrel stuff any more, haha.
So you didn't sample anything from the package yet? I'm curious what you think of the Horny Goat and the Founder's Stout

Not yet, got some of them in the fridge, though.  I was too anxious to try that wootstout because of all the great things I'd been hearing about it out here.
Let's go, get drinkin'
I was really close to grabbing a growler of the Horny Goat PB but couldn't quite imagine drinking it all day. Also not a place I'd be near again really soon so I passed. Drank a 6-pack of Laguanita's IPA instead so may not have been much different afterall

As much as I'd like to have growlers for every brewery out here, I just have some from Stone and Ballast Point since those are the two I'm by most often. But even if I had easy access to growlers of something like the SinTax, I don't know that I'd want that much of it all at once.  What I really need is my own bar so I can keep kegs fresh.  Figure that's the next logical step in this obsession, right?  I always get emails from Stone about purchasing kegs of their stuff.  Then I could keep the stuff for a while before worrying about it going bad.
I want a setup like that, great deal when you can keep a keg 'fresh' for 100days easily

Morning, Shaun.  I'd need a big bar, though, with at least 10 different taps.  I like variety too much to have to be 'stuck' with the same beer for a couple months straight.
Agreed, the wife and I have looked at some 3-5tap ones for the basement...would be a ton of fun! Mike's dad built a filthy setup with his homebrews and integrated it into a nice bar, I think he had 6 taps
Wait.....what?.....you and your wife have three strap-ons?   Now you are bragging yellowstar!
You'll have to forgive Dave, he was just in France
Worse than that, I overshot and am now in Cincinnati.  Sheesh.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1474 on: July 21, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o
Who doesn't?
I love em (insert fistbump here)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1475 on: July 21, 2014, 12:59:06 PM »

[...]

LOL! Almost a bad typo!  :-[

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1476 on: July 21, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o
You will get no argument from me.
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1477 on: July 21, 2014, 01:02:35 PM »

celebratory cigar time.
What are we celebrating there sir?
Never mind, I read back far enough.  Great news Mr. Dean.  Good to have wings.
thanks Dave. pretty excited, very anxious too.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1478 on: July 21, 2014, 01:13:59 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Time for a BotL comparison!  8)
I was hoping I had a similar picture accessible for comparison.  I'll have to look on computers at home.  Only one I have with me is - ahem - not shareable.

This pic from a couple years ago is just to indicate that I'm not whistling Dixie. ;-)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1479 on: July 21, 2014, 01:16:10 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Time for a BotL comparison!  8)
I was hoping I had a similar picture accessible for comparison.  I'll have to look on computers at home.  Only one I have with me is - ahem - not shareable.

This pic from a couple years ago is just to indicate that I'm not whistling Dixie. ;-)
Raz, I didn't know you were Coach Bombay! Lovin' the flow!

Logged

Fred Bumpus

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1480 on: July 21, 2014, 01:17:06 PM »

Flip will be flipping over the one day deal!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1481 on: July 21, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »

Any thoughts on this Obisdian sampler?  Always wanted the Experimental one, just never pulled the trigger.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1482 on: July 21, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o
But there's always that Jekyll and Hyde thing....Biebfish shows up and we're all Brokeback Mountain.
Speaking of Jekyll and Hyde....they've been announced as the next two monsters

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1483 on: July 21, 2014, 01:23:45 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Well, from the front is probably a different story.  But from behind, yeah, was a little disturbing.
If that's her from the back who cares if she even has a front?
Ummmm.....I do!
Didn't know you were Greek Fishy...
Fishy likes cowgirls, preferably reverse-cowgirls  :o
But there's always that Jekyll and Hyde thing....Biebfish shows up and we're all Brokeback Mountain.
Speaking of Jekyll and Hyde....they've been announced as the next two monsters
Pretty stoked, like the green color scheme.  Bands are exact reversals of one another and the boxes look pretty sweet together.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1484 on: July 21, 2014, 01:25:08 PM »

Dusty, I want to know how you got that picture of my wife for your avatar.

I'm actually only half joking.  The hair isn't right, but everything else is frighteningly close.  I had to do a double-take. Scary.
Lucky you!
Time for a BotL comparison!  8)
I was hoping I had a similar picture accessible for comparison.  I'll have to look on computers at home.  Only one I have with me is - ahem - not shareable.

This pic from a couple years ago is just to indicate that I'm not whistling Dixie. ;-)
Yea, but that's the side we can't compare the picture to.