Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216228 times)

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1110 on: July 18, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

Been a long fuggin Friday

No kidding.  I'm not sticking around much longer, either.  Got some beers to drink.
I bailed just before 2...needed to watch some golf and finishing out work from home.

Nice.  I'm sitting here working on internship applications.  Been a long time since I've had to put together a real resume, haha.  Doubt I'll get anything yet but can't hurt to apply and start getting my name out there.
Mine was raw and it was only 4 years old, amazing how out of date it can get.  Never to early to start throwing resumes out tho...what sort of job are you looking for post-degree?

An accounting job?  LOL, I have no real specific job in mind just yet.  If I could pick right now I'd like to work as an auditor with the IRS.  Screw the private sector.  I want to work for 'the man'.
Haha, sorry, I should have said Tax, Audit or Private.  Nothing wrong with cushy hours, lots of vacation, and minimal expectations ;)

And a pension plan.
The only place where if you are average you are immediately above-average :)

If that's how the game is played, I want in.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1111 on: July 18, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »

[...]

Haha! I have good friends in both Tax and Audit, very different but the people in Tax seem to enjoy it a little more.  The audit ones like what they do, but they are the ones traveling a lot to clients(50-70%), so that is their big negative.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1112 on: July 18, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

Tiger is really shitting the bed, seeing him play today was a struggle...now Rory tho, WOW
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1113 on: July 18, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »

[...]

We'll see where it goes.  I started undergrad wanting to do one thing and left wanting to do something different, though both were in the same general field.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1114 on: July 18, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »

[...]

It's funny how similar yet different they are.  My best friend is a tax accountant and his wife is in audit.  They talk about their careers like they aren't even related, and they admit how one couldn't do the other job without months on the job.  I think it becomes clear when you get into it which ones fits your eye the best.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1115 on: July 18, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1116 on: July 18, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!
LOL! Whatcha smokin?
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1117 on: July 18, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1118 on: July 18, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »

Older V perfecto with a Blue Moon Rounder.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1119 on: July 18, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.
And it gives me anal pain to even hear the words.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1120 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »

Older V perfecto with a Blue Moon Rounder.
Great beer and cigar, nice choice!
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1121 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.
I thought I'd stepped into the twilight zone......
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1122 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.
And it gives me anal pain to even hear the words.
Genetic memory? Howdy Dave.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1123 on: July 18, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.
I thought I'd stepped into the twilight zone......
This is an accounting banter right?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1124 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »

Older V perfecto with a Blue Moon Rounder.
Great beer and cigar, nice choice!
Old V's remind me and verify how crappy the newer ones are but I can't figure out exactly when they went so hell.  I hate regular Blue Moon but like the Rounder.