CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216228 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1110 on: July 18, 2014, 05:20:54 PM »

Been a long fuggin Friday

No kidding.  I'm not sticking around much longer, either.  Got some beers to drink.
I bailed just before 2...needed to watch some golf and finishing out work from home.

Nice.  I'm sitting here working on internship applications.  Been a long time since I've had to put together a real resume, haha.  Doubt I'll get anything yet but can't hurt to apply and start getting my name out there.
Mine was raw and it was only 4 years old, amazing how out of date it can get.  Never to early to start throwing resumes out tho...what sort of job are you looking for post-degree?

An accounting job?  LOL, I have no real specific job in mind just yet.  If I could pick right now I'd like to work as an auditor with the IRS.  Screw the private sector.  I want to work for 'the man'.
Haha, sorry, I should have said Tax, Audit or Private.  Nothing wrong with cushy hours, lots of vacation, and minimal expectations ;)

And a pension plan.
The only place where if you are average you are immediately above-average :)

If that's how the game is played, I want in.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1111 on: July 18, 2014, 05:23:21 PM »

No kidding.  I'm not sticking around much longer, either.  Got some beers to drink.
I bailed just before 2...needed to watch some golf and finishing out work from home.

Nice.  I'm sitting here working on internship applications.  Been a long time since I've had to put together a real resume, haha.  Doubt I'll get anything yet but can't hurt to apply and start getting my name out there.
Mine was raw and it was only 4 years old, amazing how out of date it can get.  Never to early to start throwing resumes out tho...what sort of job are you looking for post-degree?

An accounting job?  LOL, I have no real specific job in mind just yet.  If I could pick right now I'd like to work as an auditor with the IRS.  Screw the private sector.  I want to work for 'the man'.
Haha, sorry, I should have said Tax, Audit or Private.  Nothing wrong with cushy hours, lots of vacation, and minimal expectations ;)

And a pension plan.

Haha! I have good friends in both Tax and Audit, very different but the people in Tax seem to enjoy it a little more.  The audit ones like what they do, but they are the ones traveling a lot to clients(50-70%), so that is their big negative. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1112 on: July 18, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

Tiger is really shitting the bed, seeing him play today was a struggle...now Rory tho, WOW

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1113 on: July 18, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »

And a pension plan.

Haha! I have good friends in both Tax and Audit, very different but the people in Tax seem to enjoy it a little more.  The audit ones like what they do, but they are the ones traveling a lot to clients(50-70%), so that is their big negative.

We'll see where it goes.  I started undergrad wanting to do one thing and left wanting to do something different, though both were in the same general field. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1114 on: July 18, 2014, 05:34:25 PM »

And a pension plan.

We'll see where it goes.  I started undergrad wanting to do one thing and left wanting to do something different, though both were in the same general field.
It's funny how similar yet different they are.  My best friend is a tax accountant and his wife is in audit.  They talk about their careers like they aren't even related, and they admit how one couldn't do the other job without months on the job.  I think it becomes clear when you get into it which ones fits your eye the best.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1115 on: July 18, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »

Stop talking about Tax and the Fuck'n IRS you are ruining my weekend!!!!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1116 on: July 18, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

LOL! Whatcha smokin?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1117 on: July 18, 2014, 05:41:15 PM »

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1118 on: July 18, 2014, 05:44:01 PM »

Older V perfecto with a Blue Moon Rounder.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1119 on: July 18, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »

I'll give ya that - it's about the least entertaining thing that could possibly be talked about, haha.  Afternoon, Dave.
And it gives me anal pain to even hear the words.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1120 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:12 PM »

Great beer and cigar, nice choice!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1121 on: July 18, 2014, 05:46:43 PM »

I thought I'd stepped into the twilight zone......

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1122 on: July 18, 2014, 05:47:18 PM »

And it gives me anal pain to even hear the words.
Genetic memory? Howdy Dave.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1123 on: July 18, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »

I thought I'd stepped into the twilight zone......
This is an accounting banter right?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #1124 on: July 18, 2014, 05:53:40 PM »

Great beer and cigar, nice choice!
Old V's remind me and verify how crappy the newer ones are but I can't figure out exactly when they went so hell.  I hate regular Blue Moon but like the Rounder.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 136