CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216377 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1095 on: July 18, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Naturally.  Pricey but with that ABV it's like three beers in one.
Ha! Yeah, I never even thoght of it when I asked them to fill my 64 oz'er with Sarco.....Then I went to pay. WTF? $24! Like you say worth it....once in a while.

Prices are all over the place here.  For most mainstream stuff, it's $6-$9 for up to a 64oz bottle (plus a couple extra ounces since they top 'em off).  Stone's base offerings are about $6 for a 32oz+ growler.  Ballast Point is $5 for 32+ oz, $9 for 64+ ounces.  Goes up a little for some specialties depending on demand and ABV.  Cheaper in almost all cases to get a growler if you're gonna drink that much. The 32+ ounce wootstout growler was the same as the 22oz bottles, maybe $1 more, but I won't go through THAT much of it quickly enough to justify the larger quantity purchase.
The cheapest at Dragoon is the original IPA.....and it's $12/64oz

That seems more in line with a lot of the smaller breweries out here.  Stone and Ballast Point are some of the cheapest I've seen and they're both very large operations, relatively speaking.  Each of them have 3-4 locations.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1096 on: July 18, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Ha! Yeah, I never even thoght of it when I asked them to fill my 64 oz'er with Sarco.....Then I went to pay. WTF? $24! Like you say worth it....once in a while.

Prices are all over the place here.  For most mainstream stuff, it's $6-$9 for up to a 64oz bottle (plus a couple extra ounces since they top 'em off).  Stone's base offerings are about $6 for a 32oz+ growler.  Ballast Point is $5 for 32+ oz, $9 for 64+ ounces.  Goes up a little for some specialties depending on demand and ABV.  Cheaper in almost all cases to get a growler if you're gonna drink that much. The 32+ ounce wootstout growler was the same as the 22oz bottles, maybe $1 more, but I won't go through THAT much of it quickly enough to justify the larger quantity purchase.

That seems more in line with a lot of the smaller breweries out here.  Stone and Ballast Point are some of the cheapest I've seen and they're both very large operations, relatively speaking.  Each of them have 3-4 locations.
First one I've dealt with.....I was beginning to wonder if I had found the most expensive brewery in AZ....

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1097 on: July 18, 2014, 04:29:02 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

First one I've dealt with.....I was beginning to wonder if I had found the most expensive brewery in AZ....

That Sculpin we always talk about goes for $14/64oz.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1098 on: July 18, 2014, 04:38:53 PM »

Been a long fuggin Friday

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1099 on: July 18, 2014, 04:48:51 PM »

No kidding.  I'm not sticking around much longer, either.  Got some beers to drink.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1100 on: July 18, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »

No kidding.  I'm not sticking around much longer, either.  Got some beers to drink.
I bailed just before 2...needed to watch some golf and finishing out work from home.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1101 on: July 18, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

I bailed just before 2...needed to watch some golf and finishing out work from home.

Nice.  I'm sitting here working on internship applications.  Been a long time since I've had to put together a real resume, haha.  Doubt I'll get anything yet but can't hurt to apply and start getting my name out there.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1102 on: July 18, 2014, 04:57:14 PM »

Nice.  I'm sitting here working on internship applications.  Been a long time since I've had to put together a real resume, haha.  Doubt I'll get anything yet but can't hurt to apply and start getting my name out there.
Mine was raw and it was only 4 years old, amazing how out of date it can get.  Never to early to start throwing resumes out tho...what sort of job are you looking for post-degree?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1103 on: July 18, 2014, 05:02:05 PM »

Afternoon Gents.  I am back home from the Border and glad to be here.  Now got to select a cigar and a refreshment.  Cloudy, damp and only in the mid 80's here this afternoon.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #1104 on: July 18, 2014, 05:03:25 PM »

PTL the Only application plan on working on is for the retirement fund and SS.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1105 on: July 18, 2014, 05:08:34 PM »

Afternoon Gents.  I am back home from the Border and glad to be here.  Now got to select a cigar and a refreshment.  Cloudy, damp and only in the mid 80's here this afternoon.
Good afternoon!!!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1106 on: July 18, 2014, 05:08:59 PM »

Mine was raw and it was only 4 years old, amazing how out of date it can get.  Never to early to start throwing resumes out tho...what sort of job are you looking for post-degree?

An accounting job?  LOL, I have no real specific job in mind just yet.  If I could pick right now I'd like to work as an auditor with the IRS.  Screw the private sector.  I want to work for 'the man'.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1107 on: July 18, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »

An accounting job?  LOL, I have no real specific job in mind just yet.  If I could pick right now I'd like to work as an auditor with the IRS.  Screw the private sector.  I want to work for 'the man'.
Haha, sorry, I should have said Tax, Audit or Private.  Nothing wrong with cushy hours, lots of vacation, and minimal expectations ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1108 on: July 18, 2014, 05:18:09 PM »

Haha, sorry, I should have said Tax, Audit or Private.  Nothing wrong with cushy hours, lots of vacation, and minimal expectations ;)

And a pension plan. 

I don't know all that much about tax so I can't say for sure whether I'd like that or not.  Really don't know much about any of them, but audit seems to be the general area I'd like. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1109 on: July 18, 2014, 05:19:38 PM »

And a pension plan.
The only place where if you are average you are immediately above-average :)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 136