CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216351 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1080 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »

Pretty good sampler at ATL
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/assorted-samplers/atlantic-cigar-oliva-super-sampler-10-pack.asp?aff=5126

I could go for that. Just over 13 days to decide... damn you, YellowStar! I though you were going to nap?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1081 on: July 18, 2014, 03:40:47 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Naturally.  Pricey but with that ABV it's like three beers in one.
Ha! Yeah, I never even thoght of it when I asked them to fill my 64 oz'er with Sarco.....Then I went to pay. WTF? $24! Like you say worth it....once in a while.

Prices are all over the place here.  For most mainstream stuff, it's $6-$9 for up to a 64oz bottle (plus a couple extra ounces since they top 'em off).  Stone's base offerings are about $6 for a 32oz+ growler.  Ballast Point is $5 for 32+ oz, $9 for 64+ ounces.  Goes up a little for some specialties depending on demand and ABV.  Cheaper in almost all cases to get a growler if you're gonna drink that much. The 32+ ounce wootstout growler was the same as the 22oz bottles, maybe $1 more, but I won't go through THAT much of it quickly enough to justify the larger quantity purchase.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1082 on: July 18, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »

Pretty good sampler at ATL
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/assorted-samplers/atlantic-cigar-oliva-super-sampler-10-pack.asp?aff=5126

I could go for that. Just over 13 days to decide... damn you, YellowStar! I though you were going to nap?
:) #enablin

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1083 on: July 18, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.
nice......good news.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1084 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Ha! Yeah, I never even thoght of it when I asked them to fill my 64 oz'er with Sarco.....Then I went to pay. WTF? $24! Like you say worth it....once in a while.

Prices are all over the place here.  For most mainstream stuff, it's $6-$9 for up to a 64oz bottle (plus a couple extra ounces since they top 'em off).  Stone's base offerings are about $6 for a 32oz+ growler.  Ballast Point is $5 for 32+ oz, $9 for 64+ ounces.  Goes up a little for some specialties depending on demand and ABV.  Cheaper in almost all cases to get a growler if you're gonna drink that much. The 32+ ounce wootstout growler was the same as the 22oz bottles, maybe $1 more, but I won't go through THAT much of it quickly enough to justify the larger quantity purchase.
Those are nice prices, wish we had more breweries in the arctic!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #1085 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »

Popped my cherry, thanx to Joe. Trinidad - Reyes -- 24 Box

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1086 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Yeah, it's nice that they're all "competing" with each other. Lots of beer drinkers here, and they all want a piece of the pie.  Also nice, though, that they all kinda work together in the battle against the macro breweries.  The only assholes about the whole thing are the lunatics on some of the beer forums out there. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1087 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:43 PM »

Nice.  Trinis are good sticks, just wish they were like $2 less/stick...but that's cause I'm cheap :)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »

Nice.  Trinis are good sticks, just wish they were like $2 less/stick...but that's cause I'm cheap :)

There's not a cigar out there that I wish was MORE expensive!  I like the Reyes quite a bit. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Yeah, it's nice that they're all "competing" with each other. Lots of beer drinkers here, and they all want a piece of the pie.  Also nice, though, that they all kinda work together in the battle against the macro breweries.  The only assholes about the whole thing are the lunatics on some of the beer forums out there.
That's awesome...all about the little guys getting their share.  Beverages are a brutal market with the conglomerates, nice to see the little guys makin em sweat! . ;)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1090 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

That's awesome...all about the little guys getting their share.  Beverages are a brutal market with the conglomerates, nice to see the little guys makin em sweat! . ;)

And they're making them sweat big time. 

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1091 on: July 18, 2014, 04:03:37 PM »

There's not a cigar out there that I wish was MORE expensive!  I like the Reyes quite a bit.
Well, true :)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #1092 on: July 18, 2014, 04:05:41 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

We have had 3 breweries pop up here in Fargo in 4 years, so that's been fun to see those companies grow and thrive.  #1 state/capita again for beer consumption...finally they are sobering up and making their own stuff!
I need to go there more, they do a crazy beer/week it seems, here was their latest: The Deceiver Belgian Golden Strong is on tap tonight in the taproom. It pours a golden color with a thick white head. The aroma is a blend of candied citrus peel, spice and honey. Flavor starts with a honey sweetness that finishes with a slight tart character. ABV 8.3% IBU 16.

10 oz. snifters/$4, 16 oz. pints/$6 and growler refills/$10.

Here is the youtube of them if you want to kill 10min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TcJhP4Fdc&feature=youtu.be

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #1093 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

The cheapest at Dragoon is the original IPA.....and it's $12/64oz

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #1094 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

We have had 3 breweries pop up here in Fargo in 4 years, so that's been fun to see those companies grow and thrive.  #1 state/capita again for beer consumption...finally they are sobering up and making their own stuff!
I need to go there more, they do a crazy beer/week it seems, here was their latest: The Deceiver Belgian Golden Strong is on tap tonight in the taproom. It pours a golden color with a thick white head. The aroma is a blend of candied citrus peel, spice and honey. Flavor starts with a honey sweetness that finishes with a slight tart character. ABV 8.3% IBU 16.

10 oz. snifters/$4, 16 oz. pints/$6 and growler refills/$10.

Here is the youtube of them if you want to kill 10min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TcJhP4Fdc&feature=youtu.be

I really enjoy trying stuff from all the different breweries.  There are three within 5 minutes of my office.  Expand that to 15-20 minutes and I'm not even sure how many that'd cover. 
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 136