Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216351 times)

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1080 on: July 18, 2014, 03:38:43 PM »

Pretty good sampler at ATL
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/assorted-samplers/atlantic-cigar-oliva-super-sampler-10-pack.asp?aff=5126

I could go for that. Just over 13 days to decide... damn you, YellowStar! I though you were going to nap?
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1081 on: July 18, 2014, 03:40:47 PM »

Woot!!
And there it is.

haha! Growler first.

13.5% hey, now!

Naturally.  Pricey but with that ABV it's like three beers in one.
Ha! Yeah, I never even thoght of it when I asked them to fill my 64 oz'er with Sarco.....Then I went to pay. WTF? $24! Like you say worth it....once in a while.

Prices are all over the place here.  For most mainstream stuff, it's $6-$9 for up to a 64oz bottle (plus a couple extra ounces since they top 'em off).  Stone's base offerings are about $6 for a 32oz+ growler.  Ballast Point is $5 for 32+ oz, $9 for 64+ ounces.  Goes up a little for some specialties depending on demand and ABV.  Cheaper in almost all cases to get a growler if you're gonna drink that much. The 32+ ounce wootstout growler was the same as the 22oz bottles, maybe $1 more, but I won't go through THAT much of it quickly enough to justify the larger quantity purchase.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1082 on: July 18, 2014, 03:41:14 PM »

Pretty good sampler at ATL
http://www.atlanticcigar.com/assorted-samplers/atlantic-cigar-oliva-super-sampler-10-pack.asp?aff=5126

I could go for that. Just over 13 days to decide... damn you, YellowStar! I though you were going to nap?
:) #enablin
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1083 on: July 18, 2014, 03:50:47 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.
nice......good news.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1084 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:09 PM »

[...]

Those are nice prices, wish we had more breweries in the arctic!
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1085 on: July 18, 2014, 03:52:54 PM »

Popped my cherry, thanx to Joe. Trinidad - Reyes -- 24 Box
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1086 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

[...]

Yeah, it's nice that they're all "competing" with each other. Lots of beer drinkers here, and they all want a piece of the pie.  Also nice, though, that they all kinda work together in the battle against the macro breweries.  The only assholes about the whole thing are the lunatics on some of the beer forums out there.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1087 on: July 18, 2014, 03:58:43 PM »

Popped my cherry, thanx to Joe. Trinidad - Reyes -- 24 Box
Nice.  Trinis are good sticks, just wish they were like $2 less/stick...but that's cause I'm cheap :)
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1088 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:23 PM »

Popped my cherry, thanx to Joe. Trinidad - Reyes -- 24 Box
Nice.  Trinis are good sticks, just wish they were like $2 less/stick...but that's cause I'm cheap :)

There's not a cigar out there that I wish was MORE expensive!  I like the Reyes quite a bit.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1089 on: July 18, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »

[...]

That's awesome...all about the little guys getting their share.  Beverages are a brutal market with the conglomerates, nice to see the little guys makin em sweat! . ;)
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1090 on: July 18, 2014, 04:00:28 PM »

[...]

And they're making them sweat big time.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1091 on: July 18, 2014, 04:03:37 PM »

Popped my cherry, thanx to Joe. Trinidad - Reyes -- 24 Box
Nice.  Trinis are good sticks, just wish they were like $2 less/stick...but that's cause I'm cheap :)

There's not a cigar out there that I wish was MORE expensive!  I like the Reyes quite a bit.
Well, true :)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1092 on: July 18, 2014, 04:05:41 PM »

[...]

We have had 3 breweries pop up here in Fargo in 4 years, so that's been fun to see those companies grow and thrive.  #1 state/capita again for beer consumption...finally they are sobering up and making their own stuff!
I need to go there more, they do a crazy beer/week it seems, here was their latest: The Deceiver Belgian Golden Strong is on tap tonight in the taproom. It pours a golden color with a thick white head. The aroma is a blend of candied citrus peel, spice and honey. Flavor starts with a honey sweetness that finishes with a slight tart character. ABV 8.3% IBU 16.

10 oz. snifters/$4, 16 oz. pints/$6 and growler refills/$10.

Here is the youtube of them if you want to kill 10min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2TcJhP4Fdc&feature=youtu.be
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1093 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:07 PM »

[...]

The cheapest at Dragoon is the original IPA.....and it's $12/64oz
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #1094 on: July 18, 2014, 04:08:54 PM »

[...]

I really enjoy trying stuff from all the different breweries.  There are three within 5 minutes of my office.  Expand that to 15-20 minutes and I'm not even sure how many that'd cover.