CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216377 times)

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #975 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.
Thats awesome. Woot.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #976 on: July 18, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »

Of course, there I go with "LOL".  Whatever.  The internet sucks, haha.  Bitter this morning because I'm hungry and want beer.

sfish

« Reply #977 on: July 18, 2014, 12:13:17 PM »

OK, and since I'm really not in touch with 'internet speak', how do you pronounce "woot".  Don't want to call and ask and sound like a moron for not knowing how to say it, even though you could argue that you ARE a moron for knowing how to say it.  Is it like it looks?  Woo-t, like you trying to "woo" someone?  Or is it more like "wut"...
Urban Dictionary says: "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement. Pretty gay no matter how you look at it

The first way is correct
LMAO, I agree completely.  I fucking hate seeing people write crap like that. At least anyone older than, say, 12.  I like certain video games - Tiger Woods, old school stuff, Mario Kart, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some internet world take over my 'real' world.  Or say 'woot!' when I'm excited about something.
Nice post, rookie

sfish

« Reply #978 on: July 18, 2014, 12:13:48 PM »

Cardiologist signed off on the wife's surgery, so we're back on for Tuesday. Woot.
Wut??

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #979 on: July 18, 2014, 12:16:05 PM »

Boss man seems to be talking about leaving for the day in a couple hours.  So now I don't feel bad at all about swinging by the house, grabbing the growlers, and heading out to Stone later.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #980 on: July 18, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »

OK, and since I'm really not in touch with 'internet speak', how do you pronounce "woot".  Don't want to call and ask and sound like a moron for not knowing how to say it, even though you could argue that you ARE a moron for knowing how to say it.  Is it like it looks?  Woo-t, like you trying to "woo" someone?  Or is it more like "wut"...
Urban Dictionary says: "w00t" was originally an trunicated expression common among players of Dungeons and Dragons tabletop role-playing game for "Wow, loot!" Thus the term passed into the net-culture where it thrived in video game communities and lost its original meaning and is used simply as a term of excitement. Pretty gay no matter how you look at it

The first way is correct
LMAO, I agree completely.  I fucking hate seeing people write crap like that. At least anyone older than, say, 12.  I like certain video games - Tiger Woods, old school stuff, Mario Kart, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some internet world take over my 'real' world.  Or say 'woot!' when I'm excited about something.
Nice post, rookie
Getting sloppy with my scrolling. #fml

dogdays

« Reply #981 on: July 18, 2014, 12:16:57 PM »

Boss man seems to be talking about leaving for the day in a couple hours.  So now I don't feel bad at all about swinging by the house, grabbing the growlers, and heading out to Stone later.
WOOT ! . Sorry about that .could not help my self  :(

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #982 on: July 18, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie
Now we got fucking hashtags.....

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #983 on: July 18, 2014, 12:21:06 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie
:P #sorryIwasn'tsureonyouropinionofthem ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #984 on: July 18, 2014, 12:21:35 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie
#lol

sfish

« Reply #985 on: July 18, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie
Shaun officially shit the bed

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #986 on: July 18, 2014, 12:22:30 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie

Like I said, I knew we'd slide down this slope. But now I'll look cool for knowing how to say 'woot' when I call later. "Yep, that guy that just called has his life together for sure."

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #987 on: July 18, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »

WOOT ! . Sorry about that .could not help my self  :(
dd! Sorry but it's driving me fuckin' nuts! You don't need a period . after an exclamation point !  The ! works all by itself to denote the end of a goddamn sentence! I tell you this because I care. fwiw, imo, no offense, etc.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #988 on: July 18, 2014, 12:23:38 PM »

The first way is correct
Nice post, rookie
#lol
:o

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #989 on: July 18, 2014, 12:25:18 PM »

I need a beer and about 20mg of FukitolTM
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 136