Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216238 times)

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #645 on: July 17, 2014, 08:22:51 AM »

Good morning early birds....
Mornin BD!
Another good morning BD.
I hope your having an enjoyable Thirsty Thursday TR....!!!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #646 on: July 17, 2014, 08:24:58 AM »

Good morning early birds....
Mornin BD!
Good morning Shaun.....  Any thing new going on...?
Well, 2 boxes of cigars arrive today, but that's nothing new.  Got into grad school on Tuesday, so that was a nice monkey to get off my back...now time to study for the GMAT and get registered for classes on Monday!  How are you?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #647 on: July 17, 2014, 08:26:36 AM »

Gotta check back in with the Open Championship, love that tournament
Is one of the better ones but Masters is my favorite.
Totally agree but there's something about the British I really like. I love getting up early and watching it
I enjoy it because the courses look so easy and then whip their asses.  Most U.S. Tour  Courses are too easy for tour players these days and are about nothing but long driving.  Note I said Most not All!
These guys are so good though. I used to go to the Heritage in Hilton Head for years and to see the shots these guys pull off in person with wind conditions, tiny greens, narrow fairways is incredible
They are definitely good but the fun of watching them live is you realize they hit terrible shots too that TV does not show - thus they are human. Difference is they recover better than others after a terrible shot where as we usually hit another terrible shot.  They get pissed off and cuss just like us too. My son played with Dustin Johnson in High School.
That's sweet!  I would always go to the Byron Nelson, love that tournament...best part was them carrying Lord Byron down 18 to watch the final group on Sunday.  Agreed with most things said, when the conditions are nice, that's not when you see them shine...it's when it windy and the greens are slick and their ability to recover that is the difference.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #648 on: July 17, 2014, 08:28:28 AM »

Good morning early birds....
Mornin BD!
Another good morning BD.
I hope your having an enjoyable Thirsty Thursday TR....!!!
I am working about 200 yards from the Mexican Border this week so extra thirsty.  Hot son-of-a-bitch down here.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #649 on: July 17, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »

[...]
Most impressive to me is their ability to shape shots either way and just how damn hard they hit a driver.  Having seen Dustin hit some 350+ off the tee in high school was damn amazing.  It is like an explosion when the club meets the ball.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #650 on: July 17, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »

My neighbor across the street, likes to give his wife a little toot on his car horn every morning before heading to work.  So every week day at 5:50am for the past 10 years or so, I get to wake up to," beep, beep ----- beep beep beep--- beep, beep...!"

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #651 on: July 17, 2014, 08:35:25 AM »

[...]
My FIL loved the Byron Nelson back in the day he used to go every year in the  60's and occasionally up into the 70's.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #652 on: July 17, 2014, 08:36:30 AM »

Good morning early birds....
Mornin BD!
Good morning Shaun.....  Any thing new going on...?
Well, 2 boxes of cigars arrive today, but that's nothing new.  Got into grad school on Tuesday, so that was a nice monkey to get off my back...now time to study for the GMAT and get registered for classes on Monday!  How are you?
I'm just babysitting, and playing with the grandkids... :)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #653 on: July 17, 2014, 08:37:46 AM »

My neighbor across the street, likes to give his wife a little toot on his car horn every morning before heading to work.  So every week day at 5:50am for the past 10 years or so, I get to wake up to," beep, beep ----- beep beep beep--- beep, beep...!"
Does he drive a Plymouth Roadrunner (real man) or a VW Bug (pussy)?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #654 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »

[...]
Exactly. I saw Ernie Els about 140yds out with a tree in his line, couldn't go over it or draw around it because there wasn't enough room. He hit a low shot under the tree that rose up after it cleared the tree and landed 8ft from the hole and stuck there, no idea how he did that. The gallery was talking about how the hell he was going to get the ball anywhere close and he made it look like a joke
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #655 on: July 17, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »

Good morning early birds....
Mornin BD!
Another good morning BD.
I hope your having an enjoyable Thirsty Thursday TR....!!!
I am working about 200 yards from the Mexican Border this week so extra thirsty.  Hot son-of-a-bitch down here.
Take lots of candy with you for the kids at the border..., and maybe some pampers would be nice too..!
Logged

dwgbryant

  • Guest
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #656 on: July 17, 2014, 08:42:52 AM »

I'm real sick of nuts. good morning. I could have slept in or enjoyed a morning cigar.
I'm sick of you mentioning nuts so I can only imagine how you must feel  ;D
I left the house @ 5:30 to get the van. drove 25 miles to be told, "I'm not going". WTF.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #657 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »

My neighbor across the street, likes to give his wife a little toot on his car horn every morning before heading to work.  So every week day at 5:50am for the past 10 years or so, I get to wake up to," beep, beep ----- beep beep beep--- beep, beep...!"
Does he drive a Plymouth Roadrunner (real man) or a VW Bug (pussy)?
I believe it's an Altima...  I just don't know what people are thinking....?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #658 on: July 17, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »

[...]
Agreed, the sound is so different too!

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #659 on: July 17, 2014, 08:44:28 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean Littlefish and Yellowstar.  Finally got a little life around here.