CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216268 times)

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #450 on: July 16, 2014, 10:55:40 AM »

At the place: Trying to decide on pulling the trigger between EPC Card Mad 54 (Toro) @ $78.27/box of (20) OR Illusione mkultra (Corona) @ $102.87/box of (25). Love the EPCs, never had this Illusione
Would rather have the core line than the Cardinals....IMO.
I've heard good things about the Ultra but also have not had one.
Seth likes 'em. http://www.sethshumidor.com/2011/09/cigar-review-illusione-mk-ultra.html

sfish

« Reply #451 on: July 16, 2014, 10:58:19 AM »

At the place: Trying to decide on pulling the trigger between EPC Card Mad 54 (Toro) @ $78.27/box of (20) OR Illusione mkultra (Corona) @ $102.87/box of (25). Love the EPCs, never had this Illusione

I'm just not a fan of Illusione, they've never done anything for me.  Like the Epernays and the Rothchildes but everything else, no thanks.  Including the MK Ultra. Seems that I'm somewhat alone with the dislike of Illusione though. 

I'd definitely go with the EPCs between those two.
I forgot about the Rothchildes, they're only available in (50) right?

sfish

« Reply #452 on: July 16, 2014, 11:00:36 AM »

Would rather have the core line than the Cardinals....IMO.
I've heard good things about the Ultra but also have not had one.
Seth likes 'em. http://www.sethshumidor.com/2011/09/cigar-review-illusione-mk-ultra.html
Thanks Dave, basically the same review as Halfwheel, 92 with the same flavors/strength notes in both reviews

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #453 on: July 16, 2014, 11:02:12 AM »

I'm just not a fan of Illusione, they've never done anything for me.  Like the Epernays and the Rothchildes but everything else, no thanks.  Including the MK Ultra. Seems that I'm somewhat alone with the dislike of Illusione though. 

Yep, just one size for those... a rothschild.

sfish

« Reply #454 on: July 16, 2014, 11:06:16 AM »

Oh, I meant box quantity

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #455 on: July 16, 2014, 11:11:23 AM »

Oh, I meant box quantity

Ha, OK.  Yeah, full boxes of those are 50ct.   

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #456 on: July 16, 2014, 11:19:18 AM »

Scott - your beers are out out for delivery!  Hopefully the bottles are still in one piece.  I'm most curious to hear your thoughts on the Blue Ridge Coffee stout.  People don't really talk about Coronado Brewing company out here but I really like that particular beer despite the relatively low ABV.  It was the first coffee beer I tried and I think it stands up well compared to every one I've tried since.

sfish

« Reply #457 on: July 16, 2014, 11:23:32 AM »

Scott - your beers are out out for delivery!  Hopefully the bottles are still in one piece.  I'm most curious to hear your thoughts on the Blue Ridge Coffee stout.  People don't really talk about Coronado Brewing company out here but I really like that particular beer despite the relatively low ABV.  It was the first coffee beer I tried and I think it stands up well compared to every one I've tried since.
Thanks Joe. I tried like hell to find some Founder's Imperial Stout to send but came up empty, I'll ship 2-day tomorrow. I found out on their website that it's not seasonal but also not year-round. Stouts will be back in a few months. I hope you like their Breakfast Stout I'm sending

sfish

« Reply #458 on: July 16, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »

I always worry about them arriving intact

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #459 on: July 16, 2014, 11:30:29 AM »

Scott PM........any BOTL looking to split a box of Por Larranaga - Petit Coronas
   Box 50    US$  263.00     Length: 5.00"  /  Ring Guage: 42.00

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #460 on: July 16, 2014, 11:31:49 AM »

Thanks Joe. I tried like hell to find some Founder's Imperial Stout to send but came up empty, I'll ship 2-day tomorrow. I found out on their website that it's not seasonal but also not year-round. Stouts will be back in a few months. I hope you like their Breakfast Stout I'm sending

No rush.  If you ship two day tomorrow USPS they'll just sit in the outdoor mail box at work until Saturday... so I can give you my home address or just wait another day, if you don't mind.  Let me know, either way is fine by me.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #461 on: July 16, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »

Scott PM........any BOTL looking to split a box of Por Larranaga - Petit Coronas
   Box 50    US$  263.00     Length: 5.00"  /  Ring Guage: 42.00

They're cheaper right now at CoH.  $237 for a 50ct box.

sfish

« Reply #462 on: July 16, 2014, 11:36:40 AM »

No rush.  If you ship two day tomorrow USPS they'll just sit in the outdoor mail box at work until Saturday... so I can give you my home address or just wait another day, if you don't mind.  Let me know, either way is fine by me.
Did I ship to home or work last time?

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

Morning, muchachos. Checking in before we cruise  north to Poulsbo.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #464 on: July 16, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

Did I ship to home or work last time?

Work.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 136