CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216258 times)

dogdays

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #315 on: July 15, 2014, 11:03:31 PM »

Evening gents. Sorry to see about Tony's dad. Just did this earlier this year for my mother. Never easy.

Been a long hot day. Sipping some blackberry moonshine and a Four Kicks to wind out the day.
Amen, CF.  How is your rehab going?

Good. Therapist says I have full range of motion in my neck already. Have not work the neck brace for a couple weeks now and down to one or two pain pills a day. The wife and daughter had appointments most of the day today so right after they left I grabbed my match rifle and went to the range for 2 hours. Only shot 100 rounds but my head did not fall off so I take that as a good sign. Got back, cleaned the rifle and put everything away and they never new. Otherwise I would never hear the end of it.

Still a little week in my left arm and have no feeling in 2 fingers but that is from the crushed nerves. That will take 8-12 months to heal. Nerves grow real slow.
It sounds like the rehab is going Well , did Will PM you about the  herf ? .

dogdays

« Reply #316 on: July 15, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »

Camacho robusto at Arabella's Landing in Gig Harbor. Says Jamastran on the band. This was a gift, I believe from Steve in TX. I like this cigar. Evening gents.
Loves them Camacho Corojo Ltd.s, Raz.  Many a time I've found myself bidding against a fellow from Gig Harbor on the bid site.  He has good taste in smokes.
I'm just a tourist here, so it isn't me, I swear.

I was just saying how I don't care for corojo. But Camacho clearly does corojo right.
Good evening Bret , how the sailing , it sound like fun . that is something I have always  wanted to try .

cannonfodder

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • Mmmmm, Pie...
« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2014, 11:12:57 PM »

Evening gents. Sorry to see about Tony's dad. Just did this earlier this year for my mother. Never easy.

Been a long hot day. Sipping some blackberry moonshine and a Four Kicks to wind out the day.
Amen, CF.  How is your rehab going?

Good. Therapist says I have full range of motion in my neck already. Have not work the neck brace for a couple weeks now and down to one or two pain pills a day. The wife and daughter had appointments most of the day today so right after they left I grabbed my match rifle and went to the range for 2 hours. Only shot 100 rounds but my head did not fall off so I take that as a good sign. Got back, cleaned the rifle and put everything away and they never new. Otherwise I would never hear the end of it.

Still a little week in my left arm and have no feeling in 2 fingers but that is from the crushed nerves. That will take 8-12 months to heal. Nerves grow real slow.
It sounds like the rehab is going Well , did Will PM you about the  herf ? .

Yes. I need to go back to the original thread and read it. Been busy the past couple days.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA

Camacho robusto at Arabella's Landing in Gig Harbor. Says Jamastran on the band. This was a gift, I believe from Steve in TX. I like this cigar. Evening gents.
Loves them Camacho Corojo Ltd.s, Raz.  Many a time I've found myself bidding against a fellow from Gig Harbor on the bid site.  He has good taste in smokes.

I was just saying how I don't care for corojo. But Camacho clearly does corojo right.
Good evening Bret , how the sailing , it sound like fun . that is something I have always  wanted to try .
Come up for a visit and we'll take you out. Lousy wind today. But we did encounter a Dahl Porpoise who fancied the boat and entertained us for half an hour. Stunning.

dogdays

Come up for a visit and we'll take you out. Lousy wind today. But we did encounter a Dahl Porpoise who fancied the boat and entertained us for half an hour. Stunning.
That is Just to Cool .   

dogdays

« Reply #320 on: July 15, 2014, 11:28:49 PM »

Have a great night guy's ! .

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #321 on: July 15, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »

Well the warden wants to go get some shrimp. Couldn't even finish the cigar, sheesh.
conk shell ashtray,  nice touch!
conch shell.... KC corrected me!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #322 on: July 15, 2014, 11:59:05 PM »

HERF update 234 235

Another box of Diademas filled.

Boxes 1-3 are ordered and all slots filled. 

Box 1 is KC, Jeff, TD, Tony, and myself, coordinated by me.

Boxes 2 and 3 are coordinated by GK.

Box 2 is Fredbob, Oyam, CB, Raz, and GK.
     Box 3 is Dogdays and 4 cigars to Sly & Co. (handled locally on his end). 

So that means we need 5 more and someone to order another box for a 4th box in the herf. 

I figure most everyone has seen this by now and anyone who was interested has responded, so chances of a 4th box might be pretty slim.  We'll see how it goes, though. 

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • I once heard someone say something....
« Reply #323 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:45 AM »

I'm late to the info.  Deepest sympathies to you and your family Tony.  I can't imagine losing a parent, stay strong Italian bro.  Thoughts going out to you and your fam.

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
« Reply #324 on: July 16, 2014, 12:20:47 AM »

Well the warden wants to go get some shrimp. Couldn't even finish the cigar, sheesh.
conk shell ashtray,  nice touch!
conch shell.... KC corrected me!
Had some conch fritters in the Outer Banks last week.  Wasn't nearly as good as the ones I had in Ft. Lauderdale with Dalek Kirpal, Sooner Jeff visiting with KC.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #325 on: July 16, 2014, 12:53:18 AM »

Morning fish, how goes it?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #326 on: July 16, 2014, 12:54:09 AM »

Jam starting out a bit slow today.

Highway Man

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #327 on: July 16, 2014, 01:12:53 AM »

My condolences!
Would someone be interested in trading my 10 Don Pepin Garcia Blue Label Maduro toros for Patel decades robusto or toro?
I got them from Atlantic cigars :)

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
« Reply #328 on: July 16, 2014, 01:21:28 AM »

Morning fish, how goes it?
Howdy Dave! Up late because I slept until noon.  Convinced there is a ghost in our house now.  Inherited an 1776 family heirloom secretary desk.  Ever since it entered my house Memorial Day last year, we have experienced weird things.  Last night? White light was coming through the door jams in the office where it is.  Thought it was morning sun.  Got up, took a piss, came back out and no light.  Opened the door, turned light on.....nothing out of the ordinary. Computer was off, blinds closed, lamp was unplugged.  It was 3:30am.  About 3 hours of sleep last night, so 6am to noon gave me about 9 hours of broken sleep.  WTF.  How you doing?

gmrfish

• Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
« Reply #329 on: July 16, 2014, 01:23:43 AM »

Jam starting out a bit slow today.
I keep getting an error message from them when I refresh on my phone.  Sometimes up, other times error.  Wouldn't recognize Chrome on my computer this afternoon either for a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 136