CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136

Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216387 times)

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #180 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:10 PM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Just bustin' Tuesday balls Will, I enjoy stouts/beers with 9-11% abv. Plenty of great stuff out there right now

I usually don't brew so high because of the increased time needed for aging and increased chances of the fermentation getting stuck/repitch/infected, etc.  I have done a few high gravity Belgians that ended up around there that were great, though.

My wife brews/makes her own kombucha (sp??) which is kinda interesting to watch.  Somewhat similar to brewing beer since it involves fermentation and whatnot.  I'm intrigued by beer brewing but know that I'll get sucked in.
Uh-Oh!

Nope, won't go there.  Involves too much time/energy.  Opening a bottle is about as much energy as I'm willing to put in to my boozing.  I don't even like having to find a bottle opener.  Why can't everyone just use twist tops?
More and more wines are going to screw tops
Blasphemy!
Yeah! Stick to fuckin' boxes I say!
/////Too slow. ;)
\\\\Story of my life..... :-[

sfish

« Reply #181 on: July 15, 2014, 12:34:19 PM »

good afternoon all!
Hey there Sam

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #182 on: July 15, 2014, 12:35:37 PM »

good afternoon all!
Hey there Sam
Howdy, Sam. Quite the banter you walked into today.

sfish

« Reply #183 on: July 15, 2014, 12:36:17 PM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Just bustin' Tuesday balls Will, I enjoy stouts/beers with 9-11% abv. Plenty of great stuff out there right now

I usually don't brew so high because of the increased time needed for aging and increased chances of the fermentation getting stuck/repitch/infected, etc.  I have done a few high gravity Belgians that ended up around there that were great, though.

My wife brews/makes her own kombucha (sp??) which is kinda interesting to watch.  Somewhat similar to brewing beer since it involves fermentation and whatnot.  I'm intrigued by beer brewing but know that I'll get sucked in.
Uh-Oh!

Nope, won't go there.  Involves too much time/energy.  Opening a bottle is about as much energy as I'm willing to put in to my boozing.  I don't even like having to find a bottle opener.  Why can't everyone just use twist tops?
More and more wines are going to screw tops
Blasphemy!

Keeps it fresher, longer, dontcha know.  I much prefer whiskey with screw tops, even though I kinda like that 'pop' from pulling out the cork.  Keeps more air out, which is good when it's a bottle of something I sip from only on very rare occasions.
True enough, I guess, but I don't really drink the stuff. Wife does though, and there definitely isn't a need to save any for very long. Haha.

True!  Open that bottle of wine and get to drinking!  Goes south real quick.  I'll always remember the very first apartment the wife and I had together.  The fridge was so small that we had to take the bag of wine out of the box to save room.
LOL,when you say fridge, do you really mean cooler?

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #184 on: July 15, 2014, 12:36:36 PM »

While brewing your own can be fun, it is cheaper with infinely more choices when you just buy.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2014, 12:40:15 PM »

While brewing your own can be fun, it is cheaper with infinely more choices when you just buy.

Indeed.  Why spend all that time making a shitty coffee peanut butter chocolate cream stout when I can just go buy one?  No offense to the home brewer in attendance, I'm sure the stuff can be quite good after some practice.   Surprised nobody has tried a bourbon finished beer.  Make a stout, add bourbon.  ABV would be through the roof!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »

Indeed.  Why spend all that time making a shitty coffee peanut butter chocolate cream stout when I can just go buy one?  No offense to the home brewer in attendance, I'm sure the stuff can be quite good after some practice.   Surprised nobody has tried a bourbon finished beer.  Make a stout, add bourbon.  ABV would be through the roof!
My dad made an EPIC Bourbon Barrel Porter...had Makers Mark in it, around 12%...was amazing!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

good afternoon all!
Hey there Sam
Good afternoon Sam!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #188 on: July 15, 2014, 12:49:18 PM »

My dad made an EPIC Bourbon Barrel Porter...had Makers Mark in it, around 12%...was amazing!

Eclipse makes a MM barrel finished beer.  I'm talking straight up bourbon, though.  So 45% (give or take) from the bourbon, plus 10% from the stout... mmmm... that'd make for a short but fun night.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #189 on: July 15, 2014, 12:58:18 PM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #190 on: July 15, 2014, 01:01:58 PM »

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #192 on: July 15, 2014, 01:03:03 PM »

good afternoon all!
Hey there Sam
looks pretty interesting.  wish I had time to read back!

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #194 on: July 15, 2014, 01:05:57 PM »

good afternoon all!
Hey there Sam
looks pretty interesting.  wish I had time to read back!

Smiley faces, frowny faces, dusty faces... there ya go.  Afternoon, Sam.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136