Author Topic: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Peppino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014  (Read 216274 times)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2014, 11:44:24 AM »

For those of you not busy tonight....Arielle is not too hard on the eyes either.

Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2014, 11:46:40 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2014, 11:46:42 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.

Those lower ABV beers are just wasted calories.  I meant more along the lines of needing to realize that a six pack of 9% ABV beer is more like a 12-pack of 'standard' beer.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »

Dave, watched the last episode of '24' last nite and I gotta agree with your statement, 'Damn 24, why you gotta do me like that?'
No doubt. My throat was getting a little tight at the end, probably all the smoke.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2014, 11:47:32 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.

Those lower ABV beers are just wasted calories.  I meant more along the lines of needing to realize that a six pack of 9% ABV beer is more like a 12-pack of 'standard' beer.
More like 18 or 24 :)

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2014, 11:47:47 AM »

Mornin' folks.

Morning, Dusty.
Hey Steve....another great gif. I can never find shit.
Seems to be a fetish

Not sure fetish is the right word, but I'm not gonna argue with an expert on the subject.
See what I'm sayin'? You can't post without one of those fucking things attached, now piss-off, Q-bert!
Appropriate for estrogen Tuesday or whatever it is...
Logged

jswaykos

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #126 on: July 15, 2014, 11:48:05 AM »

Morning, all.  Boss is back in the office for the first time since last Tuesday... sheesh.
Morning Joe, that's a fine slap in the bean-bag!

Indeed it is.  Had a 2014 Stone Russian Imperial Stout over the weekend.  Pretty damn good.  Dry, roasted flavors.  I probably would've guessed it was a coffee beer if I'd had it blind, although it's not billed as a coffee stout.  11% ABV, too, so I felt it pretty good.  Your beers should arrive tomorrow, according to tracking.
I had a Founder's Imperial Stout at Dave's house that was exceptional, not flavored but didn't need it. Haven't been able to find it yet

We were watching something on Food Network last night and someone made a coffee rub for burgers.  Gotta try that soon.  Coffee is the new peanut butter.
They did coffee rubbed steaks out here for awhile, what was the date on that show, 2011?

Now you sound like my wife, who told me that she'd JUST done a coffee steak rub a couple weeks ago, didn't I remember?  Guess hers wasn't that good, then.  Pretty sure it's a recent show, though, one of the 'contest' shows.  Next Food Network Star.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

For those of you not busy tonight....Arielle is not too hard on the eyes either.
Wow, I like those cigars even more now
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2014, 11:50:03 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.

Those lower ABV beers are just wasted calories.  I meant more along the lines of needing to realize that a six pack of 9% ABV beer is more like a 12-pack of 'standard' beer.

I usually bottle in quarts.  Because small amounts of beer aren't worth the effort to open.  That makes a 6 pack something like 17 beers...but then the abv is usually in the 6-7 range.  So 34 beers, give or take.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2014, 11:50:50 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Just bustin' Tuesday balls Will, I enjoy stouts/beers with 9-11% abv. Plenty of great stuff out there right now

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #130 on: July 15, 2014, 11:52:07 AM »

[...]

I feel like that coffee thing started in Chicago, nothing to back that up
Logged

Wenglish

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • It tastes like a cigar.
Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #131 on: July 15, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »

Hey Joe, you were posting the other day about how you're not used to the higher abv craft scene, right?

The brewery down the street from me, Carton Brewing, has a session IPA.  4.2%, solid bitterness/flavor/aroma, nice and light. They also have a handful of other session styles, including a Milk stout and a salted veggie/fruit ale.  And probably a few others, but I haven't tried them all yet.
Will, we weren't talking about beers with an abv THAT high, geez. Do you think we're drunks?

You act like that's a bad thing.  And you can't be a drunk from drinking beer.  Just an enthusiast.
Just bustin' Tuesday balls Will, I enjoy stouts/beers with 9-11% abv. Plenty of great stuff out there right now

I usually don't brew so high because of the increased time needed for aging and increased chances of the fermentation getting stuck/repitch/infected, etc.  I have done a few high gravity Belgians that ended up around there that were great, though.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #132 on: July 15, 2014, 11:54:56 AM »

Mornin' folks.

Morning, Dusty.
Hey Steve....another great gif. I can never find shit.
Seems to be a fetish

Not sure fetish is the right word, but I'm not gonna argue with an expert on the subject.
See what I'm sayin'? You can't post without one of those fucking things attached, now piss-off, Q-bert!

Big fuckin' deal.

Great, now I can't tell if you're mad or sarcastic...

Ha! See?

Anyway, not mad. Scott just trying to keep the spirit of 'Tuesday', but I'm just not feeling it today.
Why not?  Has the holiday become too commercial for you?

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #133 on: July 15, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »

Mornin' folks.

Morning, Dusty.
Hey Steve....another great gif. I can never find shit.
Seems to be a fetish

Not sure fetish is the right word, but I'm not gonna argue with an expert on the subject.
See what I'm sayin'? You can't post without one of those fucking things attached, now piss-off, Q-bert!

Big fuckin' deal.

Great, now I can't tell if you're mad or sarcastic...

Ha! See?

Anyway, not mad. Scott just trying to keep the spirit of 'Tuesday', but I'm just not feeling it today.
Why not?  Has the holiday become too commercial for you?
Before you know it, we'll be starting bitching Tuesday on Monday afternoon.

Re: In loving memory of Giuseppe "Pepino" Scarpa 9/22/1926 - 7/14/2014
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2014, 11:57:55 AM »

Mornin' folks.

Morning, Dusty.
Hey Steve....another great gif. I can never find shit.
Seems to be a fetish

Not sure fetish is the right word, but I'm not gonna argue with an expert on the subject.
See what I'm sayin'? You can't post without one of those fucking things attached, now piss-off, Q-bert!

Big fuckin' deal.

Great, now I can't tell if you're mad or sarcastic...

Ha! See?

Anyway, not mad. Scott just trying to keep the spirit of 'Tuesday', but I'm just not feeling it today.
Why not?  Has the holiday become too commercial for you?
Before you know it, we'll be starting bitching Tuesday on Monday afternoon.
Exactly, I'm not thrilled with the lack of enthusiasm