CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: 7/14/2014  (Read 46676 times)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »

Box #1 delivered. Cuarentas, Odysseys, and more Nica Rusticas.

Nice! should I even ask if you got the 11/18's?
Probably should. These are the robustos. I like the 11/18s, prefer the CG's. But I got the robustos for  $2.75@.

We'll sheesh on you!  :D
Actually had the CG not too long ago... still prefer the 11/18. That taper just helps that smoke develop imho, fwiw, no offense, etc. etc.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »

Probably should. These are the robustos. I like the 11/18s, prefer the CG's. But I got the robustos for  $2.75@.

Actually had the CG not too long ago... still prefer the 11/18. That taper just helps that smoke develop imho, fwiw, no offense, etc. etc.
Yes, but all of them fall within the range of "good" IMHO.  So I buy whatever I can get a deal on. $2.75 for Cuarenta robustos is a good deal. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »

Yes, but all of them fall within the range of "good" IMHO.  So I buy whatever I can get a deal on. $2.75 for Cuarenta robustos is a good deal.

Yup. That IS a good price for any. Not like I'd toss ANY of 'em.
Got that last box of 11/18's from, ahem, cbid for $74.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:38 PM »

Yup. That IS a good price for any. Not like I'd toss ANY of 'em.
Got that last box of 11/18's from, ahem, cbid for $74.
Don't even say the 'L' word!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2014, 02:47:49 PM »

HOLY SHIT...CBid boxes arrive Thursday...thanks Lisa!  :-*
Don't say that too loud....some folks are working on their vendetta against "the bid"

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2014, 02:48:54 PM »

HOLY SHIT...CBid boxes arrive Thursday...thanks Lisa!  :-*

Shit stirrer...
Bitchinz for Tuesday ;)

lol. So, Lisa is the good one? Seems like Lori needed a little slapping around to warm up... or did you just get the name wrong, YellowStar?
Ahh fuck me...it's busted-joke Monday! I knew there was a reason I didn't get green stars!
There are many reasons!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2014, 02:49:44 PM »

Roadtrip!

She looks really....relaxed.
I wish I were a seatbelt/should harness.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2014, 02:51:59 PM »

Guess I broke the Banter... MEDIC!
Sorry, I was distracted by my wife's non-stop talking.  She got out her work schedule and precisely made me go over it with her looking at about 10 peoples assigned work schedule for the coming week.  After 10 minutes of going over it with her, I finally asked, "what the hell are you trying to tell me....?"  In an upset voice she said, "can't you tell by this schedule, "I have to work by myself Thursday night...!!!" With blurred eyes from staring at this schedule I nicely said, "couldn't you have just said I have to work by myself Thursday night, rather than subject me to 10 minutes of looking at this @#$%^&& schedule...??????"  Is my wife the only one like that...?

Yes. She just wanted you to notice how hard she works and say so. Didn't you SEE that? lol.
sheesh BD.  Next time she should hit you in the head with a shovel.
For sure!

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »

Roadtrip!

I have a feeling that she's having a feeling.
Makes me want to hit a couple of potholes...or drift to the side for some warning strips....

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »

Roadtrip!

She looks really....relaxed.
I wish I were a seatbelt/should harness.
Yeah, my face belongs where that seatbelt it

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2014, 02:57:12 PM »

Agreed with that general line of thinking, Bret, especially when sizes are similar.  Yeah, I prefer coronas, but if the robustos are significantly cheaper (think the EPC NWC robustos on the jam, vs. corona pricing elsewhere), I'll grab the larger size so long as previous experience with the cigar and it's sizes are all "good" to me.

I'm getting back in to writing papers and whatnot, so expanding on a simple "agreed" in to a bunch of nonsense helps boost the ol' word count, haha.

sfish

« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2014, 02:58:16 PM »

Roadtrip!

Makes me want to hit a couple of potholes...or drift to the side for some warning strips....
Find a cobblestone road

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2014, 03:04:27 PM »

Agreed with that general line of thinking, Bret, especially when sizes are similar.  Yeah, I prefer coronas, but if the robustos are significantly cheaper (think the EPC NWC robustos on the jam, vs. corona pricing elsewhere), I'll grab the larger size so long as previous experience with the cigar and it's sizes are all "good" to me.

I'm getting back in to writing papers and whatnot, so expanding on a simple "agreed" in to a bunch of nonsense helps boost the ol' word count, haha.
Well expanded, Joe.  ;-)

There are some cigars where a different vitola is a totally different cigar - the CyB come to mind - but I haven't found that to be the case with what I've had of Eiroa's work.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2014, 03:08:58 PM »

Well expanded, Joe.  ;-)

There are some cigars where a different vitola is a totally different cigar - the CyB come to mind - but I haven't found that to be the case with what I've had of Eiroa's work.

Agreed with the CyB.  Love the corona.  Had a lonsdale over the weekend and enjoyed it but not as much.  I'd buy either over the robusto.  Another example for me is the Cain Daytona.  Love the #4, the other sizes are flavorless to me.

EPC would be a brand that I'd pretty much buy any size if it were the lowest price.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:04 PM »

Roadtrip!

Find a cobblestone road
I should have saved that pic for Tuesday!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19