CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: 7/14/2014  (Read 46517 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 7/14/2014
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:02 AM »

Good morning Guy's , The HERF Will is talking about sounds like fun , Who in ?
Marker smoked one of those two weeks ago...I think he said it was just under 4hours
Think of all the Netflix you could watch during that smoke!
That's 4.5 episodes of Game of Thrones!...or House of Cards!
I think if we get a bunch the Botl together it would be a lot of fun ., we should do more HERFs .
Completely agree...i'll bring the obscure tasting notes to the party.
OK , if your doing that I'll bring the off  wall tasting notes , I heard a great one on friends of habnos , Taste like green bell peppers  . WTF ,
I read one that had hints of 'sour cream'...just shook my head.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 08:56:27 AM »

Good morning Guy's , The HERF Will is talking about sounds like fun , Who in ?
Marker smoked one of those two weeks ago...I think he said it was just under 4hours
I for one doubt I'd be able to smoke a 4 hour cigar.
Then smoke it in 2!  ;D

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 08:58:06 AM »

Morning Dave and Dean!
and a fine morning it is.
And a hot morning here.  100's today it looks like after an even 100 yesterday.
Damn...50deg here, balls shriveled up a little bit walking into the office
Should have put pants on yellowstar.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »

HERF announcement for anyone who is interested/crazy/smokes a lot. 

We're doing a Cuaba Diadema Herf. 

That is a monster figurado, 9.13x55.  Comes from Cuba.  Should be tasty.  Also, it is expensive.  Best price is about $15 a stick.  They come in boxes of 5, at least, so it is fairly economical to buy them.

When?

When it happens.  There is no set date--that will depend on how quickly box orders fill up, how quickly they get ordered and arrive, and then how quickly whoever is coordinating that box gets those cigars sent out to their fellow BOTLs. 

Who?

I'm coordinating box # 1.  All 5 slots are already spoken for and the box is ordered.   

No one is coordinating box #2 (yet).  So far, 2 of the 5 slots are spoken for.   

If anyone from box #1 wants a second stick (or wants to run box 2?), just let me know and I'm sure it can work.   

How?

Great question.  Basically, seat of the pants. 

What I'm doing right now is whoever is ordering the box will ship the smokes out to whoever is in.  That makes sense in a vacuum.  But if all the NJ guys are in, it doesn't make any sense to have Joe order and send out 4 packages to NJ when us NJ guys could all just meet up locally.  And so on and so forth.  Basically, however it works out best for common sense. 

I don't imagine logistics will really be an issue since we're a small community and I doubt everyone will want in.

If anyone wants to run box #2, let me know.  Someone has to, after all, or even if it fills up there won't be anyone ordering it and then there won't be anyone herfing.   

More info, updates, and all that schitt to follow.   
that's a very big cigar Will. wish I could join you but I have a difficult time with anything larger than toros.
Sounds best to cut those suckers in half....or maybe even thirds...

dogdays

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2014, 09:07:08 AM »

That is a monster figurado, 9.13x55.  Comes from Cuba.  Should be tasty.  Also, it is expensive.  Best price is about $15 a stick.  They come in boxes of 5, at least, so it is fairly economical to buy them.

When?

When it happens.  There is no set date--that will depend on how quickly box orders fill up, how quickly they get ordered and arrive, and then how quickly whoever is coordinating that box gets those cigars sent out to their fellow BOTLs. 

Who?

I'm coordinating box # 1.  All 5 slots are already spoken for and the box is ordered.   

If anyone from box #1 wants a second stick (or wants to run box 2?), just let me know and I'm sure it can work.   

How?

What I'm doing right now is whoever is ordering the box will ship the smokes out to whoever is in.  That makes sense in a vacuum.  But if all the NJ guys are in, it doesn't make any sense to have Joe order and send out 4 packages to NJ when us NJ guys could all just meet up locally.  And so on and so forth.  Basically, however it works out best for common sense. 

I don't imagine logistics will really be an issue since we're a small community and I doubt everyone will want in.

If anyone wants to run box #2, let me know.  Someone has to, after all, or even if it fills up there won't be anyone ordering it and then there won't be anyone herfing.   

that's a very big cigar Will. wish I could join you but I have a difficult time with anything larger than toros.
Thanks Dave , coffee all over the key board , LOL .

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2014, 09:21:53 AM »

Morning Dave and Dean!
I needed a 3rd sock!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2014, 09:23:09 AM »

Morning Dave and Dean!
I needed a 3rd sock!
I have a bunch of toddler socks at home if you need me to send you one.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »

Morning Dave and Dean!
I needed a 3rd sock!
Those sound like they might be too big, but I could probably use a rubber band to keep it on ;)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »

Morning Dave and Dean!
I needed a 3rd sock!
Those sound like they might be too big, but I could probably use a rubber band to keep it on ;)
LALTS

dwgbryant

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »

laundry is done. guess it's time for another cigar, coffee, and a good read.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »

Morning, Weekend warriors. Yippee! Monday at last!

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #71 on: July 14, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »

When?

Who?

How?

will I'll be at the Habanos shop today, I'll see if they have any. I'm sure they will cost less online.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2014, 09:55:01 AM »

When?

Who?

How?

Will, Let me know if you get any interested parties on box #2. I may just get it. I will have to see. That website has not liked my bank card, but I have several options for that. That looks to be a 3+hr smoke.
Sign me up, or I can coordinate box three.

Morning, boys. On vacation. Getting ready to go sailing.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2014, 10:01:34 AM »

Good morning gentlemen.

dwgbryant

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2014, 10:03:03 AM »

settled on a Nicaraguan Sweets 2nd with my coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19