BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2016, 01:29:37 PM »

Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2016, 01:32:19 PM »

In Houston, NFL owners approve Rams' move to L.A. area

Saw this last night. Also a chance the Chargers go there as well. Leaving the possibility of the Raiders moving to Texas... San Antonio, I believe. That would be strange. They'd have to rebrand like the Oilers did when they moved to Nashville.
I thought that was part of the deal.  Chargers and Rams have a year to work out a joint agreement  (as the Chargers/Raiders had one plan and stadium, and the Rams had another site and plan.)  I believe the agreement was for the site proposed by the Rams and not the one proposed by the Chargers (that they said was the only way they would move).  Should be more fun than the Republican primaries.

As I understand it, the Rams are moving in 2016. There were plans to share the existing stadium until they built their own... which would be ready in 2019. So, I don't think they intend to share between 3 teams, so someone is going to be left out for the initial deal... probably Oakland.
They would have had to share it with the St. Louis Soccer Team, and the Rams were afraid they would be showed up...  At least it was mentioned on the news that way.
NFL shared their new logo design with St. Louis...
I believe St. Louis has allot of resentment towards the Rams.  Let's see if I can come close to getting this correct, but probably not.  First, St. Louis fans were a die hard Cardinals fan and didn't want the Cards to leave.  Anyone and everyone could afford a ticket to the games.  In freezing weather, the fans would still pack the stadium.  Then the Rams came demanding a new stadium.  Busch stadium was a landmark and people wanted their stadium that the Clydesdales made so famous. So the new stadium comes.  The first thing season ticket holders find out is, there will be a $4,000 per seat non-refundable fee, to hold your place in line to try and repurchase your season tickets.  The everyday fans couldn't afford the $8,000 to $16,000 to hold their family tickets that they had had for the past 25 years.  Prices went up so everyday fans couldn't afford tickets and only the wealthy and corporations were the only ones that could afford to go to the game.  It was a way to squeeze out the everyday fan.  Then of course you got the fricking Rams that couldn't deliver.  When you talking new Stadiums in St. Louis, your talking about using taxpayers dollars to squeeze the taxpayers out of their favorite sports.  I'm not that much into sports, but that's sort of the way I saw it.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:57 PM »

now these I like...

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena (Toro) (6.1"x50) ~ 5/$29.99

« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »

CI Hamburg store trip is on for this Saturday
C'mon LTG, consider it a practice run for April!
Sorry, I have communion Saturday or I'd be there.
CNS, I totally understand
Another one using that Communion excuse.  After that plays out, you'll start using that Confirmation excuse?
This is my last obligation, up to the kids after the Communion...why? Ask my wife, I'm not Catholic so was never interested in any of it. My son dropped it immediately, anticipate my daughter doing the same

My guess is you/she/both made the commitment when they were baptized.
That's how we rope 'em in.  If Fishy doesn't get back on the bandwagon, the Church sues him for breech of contract.
CNS, not too far from the truth.

In similar news I was watching a documentary on Scientology last night...Wow!
Was that HBO's Going Clear?  yup, serious scary stuff.  My SIL that died was in it.  Couple of guys from Scientology showed up when she was in hospice with a bill pledge for her to give "to the Church" before passing on.  SIL's brother made himself clear on how welcome they were, and how much time they had to leave.

« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2016, 01:37:23 PM »

Nice cigars up

« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2016, 01:37:45 PM »

now these I like...

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena (Toro) (6.1"x50) ~ 5/$29.99
Apply NEWYEAR for 20% off

« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »

[...]

Must have been, my wife DVR'd it and there was some adult language in it, fascinating

« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2016, 01:39:51 PM »

[...]

Sounds about right.  After a wave of them, I think people have gotten wise to public funding of stadiums.  I believe the project in LA is privately funded.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »

now these I like...

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena (Toro) (6.1"x50) ~ 5/$29.99
Apply NEWYEAR for 20% off

I think I will... thanks

« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2016, 01:42:33 PM »

[...]

Even scarier, the book on which it was based:  "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief"

« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2016, 01:43:03 PM »

now these I like...

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena (Toro) (6.1"x50) ~ 5/$29.99
Apply NEWYEAR for 20% off

I think I will... thanks
REALLY nice at $23.99

« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2016, 01:44:25 PM »

[...]

I was mildly interested in it until I started watching and then I was rivetted

« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2016, 01:47:57 PM »

now these I like...

La Historia by E.P. Carrillo Dona Elena (Toro) (6.1"x50) ~ 5/$29.99
Apply NEWYEAR for 20% off

I think I will... thanks
You mean you're going to do it just because Biebs told you to?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »

[...]

Well, that sounds like a PCL... most teams nowadays have them, but I know what you're saying. And besides, St. Louis still has the Cards. Was kinda strange when they had both. Like, we REALLY like the name CARDS!  ;D

« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2016, 01:48:12 PM »

Don Pepin Garcia My Father & Friends Sampler III ~ 8/$34.99

1 - My Father Robusto (5.25" x 52)
1 - My Father Le Biou Petite Robusto (4.5" x 50)
1 - Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial Robusto (5.25" x 52)
1 - Flor de las Antillas Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Duena Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Reloba Sumatra Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - La Reloba Habano Robusto (5" x 50)
1 - Tabacos Baez SF Robusto (5" x 50)
Are you guys buying that one up...?

Not me, Dad. Just a half-assed recap since there was no list going.
Not me