CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: 1/13/2016  (Read 51579 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/13/2016
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 05:45:25 AM »

Has the Page switched to 5 minutes per deal, or is that something that only happens in the mornings? Never noticed that before, thought it was always 10 minutes.
Ok, checked yesterday's banter, looks like that's a new thing for them. Hope it sticks, keep those deals coming!
This was the second time they did the 5 minute scorchers, sure makes some deals fly through.
Plenty of repeats also
Indeed, I've already seen the Blondies a couple of times this morning. I think that's more an indication of their somewhat limited variety. You look at the brand page, they don't have a huge list there.
True dat
Agreed on limite brands But they ran quite a few quality deals by yesterday, about 10 times more than the Jam and the Mash combined.
Case in point - Fonseca Cubanos on 2 out of 3 deals.
They certainly have some issues but With over 300 deals in the 24 hours I would have to say significant repeats would be hard to avoid.  Also with 5 minute deals repeats allow you to hit things you missed.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:40 AM »

@ Golf, I know it is a big city and the odds are slim but was that house that blew up in Cleveland yesterday anywhere near your area?
It was in Macedonia, which is about 15 miles from my house. Person I used to work with is now a guidance counselor in the school district where the kid who died went. I imagine she's having a rough couple of days.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2016, 05:46:47 AM »

Good buy on some good JdN's right now.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:14 AM »

Has the Page switched to 5 minutes per deal, or is that something that only happens in the mornings? Never noticed that before, thought it was always 10 minutes.
Ok, checked yesterday's banter, looks like that's a new thing for them. Hope it sticks, keep those deals coming!
This was the second time they did the 5 minute scorchers, sure makes some deals fly through.
Plenty of repeats also
Indeed, I've already seen the Blondies a couple of times this morning. I think that's more an indication of their somewhat limited variety. You look at the brand page, they don't have a huge list there.
True dat
Agreed on limite brands But they ran quite a few quality deals by yesterday, about 10 times more than the Jam and the Mash combined.
They certainly have some issues but With over 300 deals in the 24 hours I would have to say significant repeats would be hard to avoid.  Also with 5 minute deals repeats allow you to hit things you missed.
No doubt, definitely better than waiting out a turd on the jam.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:47 AM »

@ Golf, I know it is a big city and the odds are slim but was that house that blew up in Cleveland yesterday anywhere near your area?
It was in Macedonia, which is about 15 miles from my house. Person I used to work with is now a guidance counselor in the school district where the kid who died went. I imagine she's having a rough couple of days.
Terrible tragedy, I assume it was a gas leak but have they determined the cause?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2016, 05:50:19 AM »

Terrible tragedy, I assume it was a gas leak but have they determined the cause?
No cause known as of now. But gas is probably a pretty solid guess.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2016, 05:50:31 AM »

Plenty of repeats also
True dat
No doubt, definitely better than waiting out a turd on the jam.
We were laughing yesterday about all the 60+ RG stuff they offer, must have bought out all there were cheap.  Also a lot of Churchill size stuff yesterday.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2016, 05:51:20 AM »

No cause known as of now. But gas is probably a pretty solid guess.
Must have been a Tony size gas leak.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2016, 05:54:32 AM »

Time to get ready for work, BBL

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2016, 05:56:06 AM »

News said currently $980 million cash value for Powerball but that could reach $1 billion.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2016, 05:59:10 AM »

News said currently $980 million cash value for Powerball but that could reach $1 billion.
That means if I win through my work pool, I'll get about $15.5 million. I can work with that.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2016, 06:07:50 AM »

That means if I win through my work pool, I'll get about $15.5 million. I can work with that.
I also read somewhere today that if you put the winnings into a tax-free bond, it would generate $39k of interest per day.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2016, 06:23:57 AM »

Also, for what it's worth, looks like the NEWYEAR code at CI gives 20% off no matter the total. Put something in my cart earlier, and apparently, the code was still saved from the last jam, cause it applied the discount.

sfish

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2016, 06:37:33 AM »

Also, for what it's worth, looks like the NEWYEAR code at CI gives 20% off no matter the total. Put something in my cart earlier, and apparently, the code was still saved from the last jam, cause it applied the discount.
Sure does, I have one jam item in my cart and just applied it and it worked on $39.99

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »

Morning Chip, Dave, Dave and Fishy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28