CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: 7/10/2014  (Read 81463 times)

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
Re: 7/10/2014
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2014, 11:26:14 AM »

Got a fiver of the Odysseys coming, from CBid. Got it for $13.50 shipped, so I'm not jumping at these.

Have they shipped them yet?  Morning, Bret.

Morning, all.  Realized yesterday evening that we've got tickets to Brad Paisley tonight, along with two or three opening acts.  So I've got that to look forward to!  Mid day beer run - some for Scott, some for tonight - and call it a day.
Get some good stuff for that guy, would ya?

Sure thing.  I had a Breckenridge Chocolate Cream Stout last night, really good.  Rich, sweet.
Had some Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka, you can put that shit right on the rocks with a lime, tasty

Not really a vodka fan.  The whole 'no flavor' thing to me is weird.  I don't like those vitamin or flavored waters for the same reason - too mild.   Not that I need to be blown away with flavors but that mild stuff just seems like I forgot to rinse out my glass.
This stuff is different, loaded with flavor

I'll get some if I see it.  The wife is a vodka drinker so even if I don't like it, she'll finish it.
If you like grapefruit you'll love this stuff. Splash of cranberry goes well, my wife drinks it with cranberry and a splash of club

Sometimes I like grapefruit, sometimes I don't.  Yes, I love Stone's Grapefruit Slam and BP's Grapefruit Sculpin, but sometimes grapefruit can be too bitter for me.  We actually have a gigantic grapefruit tree in our backyard.  I hated grapefruit when we bought the house but made myself like it by eating it every day.  Then I got tired of it because I ate so much of it.  I'm back to liking it again.  They're incredibly refreshing in the summer, though.
Just buy the fucking vodka if you see it, no bitterness just delicious goodness

I'm gonna see how non-committal and wishy-washy I can be today. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:31 AM »

Scott - I see Deep Eddy Ruby Red on BevMo's site, I assume that's the one?

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2014, 11:27:37 AM »

Got a fiver of the Odysseys coming, from CBid. Got it for $13.50 shipped, so I'm not jumping at these.

Morning, all.  Realized yesterday evening that we've got tickets to Brad Paisley tonight, along with two or three opening acts.  So I've got that to look forward to!  Mid day beer run - some for Scott, some for tonight - and call it a day.
Somehow I wouldn't have pegged you for a country fan.  Paisley rocks.  Amazing guitar player.
I'm surprised he's a country fan myself, not sure why. Maybe it's his punk attitude

Country and 90s "alternative", haha.  So Braid Paisley, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker... and then Hootie and the Blowfish, Better Than Ezra, Sister Hazel, Gin Blossoms.
Gin Blossoms.  RIP Douglas Hopkins.

I knew him, Horatio.
Check out a contemporary of Hopkins....Roger Clyne. Started out in a little band called The Refreshments (remember 'Banditos'?). Now fronts RCPM.

sfish

« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:05 AM »

Sure thing.  I had a Breckenridge Chocolate Cream Stout last night, really good.  Rich, sweet.
Had some Deep Eddy Grapefruit Vodka, you can put that shit right on the rocks with a lime, tasty

Not really a vodka fan.  The whole 'no flavor' thing to me is weird.  I don't like those vitamin or flavored waters for the same reason - too mild.   Not that I need to be blown away with flavors but that mild stuff just seems like I forgot to rinse out my glass.

I'll get some if I see it.  The wife is a vodka drinker so even if I don't like it, she'll finish it.
If you like grapefruit you'll love this stuff. Splash of cranberry goes well, my wife drinks it with cranberry and a splash of club

Sometimes I like grapefruit, sometimes I don't.  Yes, I love Stone's Grapefruit Slam and BP's Grapefruit Sculpin, but sometimes grapefruit can be too bitter for me.  We actually have a gigantic grapefruit tree in our backyard.  I hated grapefruit when we bought the house but made myself like it by eating it every day.  Then I got tired of it because I ate so much of it.  I'm back to liking it again.  They're incredibly refreshing in the summer, though.

You're certainly on course

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2014, 11:28:49 AM »

Pretty good start! Mornin' Joe.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Looks like I'm just in time for booze... or not.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Good mornin!

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2014, 11:33:56 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Sorta.....howdy Steve

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:01 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Sorta.....howdy Steve
Mornin Dave!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2014, 11:36:28 AM »

Pretty good start! Mornin' Joe.

Hey there, Dave.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Good mornin!

Mornin, Shaun. See you already posted up the Cedros deal... just need to work on that coupon application.  ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2014, 11:40:17 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Sorta.....howdy Steve

////Dusty!

Dalek

• Newbie Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »

Morning all.  Work has been hell, and recovery from sickness is ongoing.  Whee!

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2014, 11:42:20 AM »

Howdy-ho, fellers.

Good mornin!

Mornin, Shaun. See you already posted up the Cedros deal... just need to work on that coupon application.  ;)
:) I'll GFM meow   If I didn't just rape CBid I would hit it hard.  Box of V Meliano #4 for $46 and LAdC EE #1s for $88

sfish

« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2014, 11:43:27 AM »

Morning all.  Work has been hell, and recovery from sickness is ongoing.  Whee!
Morning Dalek, how about a Fresca?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36