BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

Looks like Golf's box of Oscuros went near $60... ClemsonDaves $43 was a steal last time, but don't tell Golf that. He's on a cheapyCheapo Quest.  ;)

« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2016, 12:16:07 PM »

Good morning everyone...!
Good morning BD!
How is the world treating you Sam...?
There is a Chinese curse that reads "may you live in interesting times"  world is "interesting" at present.  You?
My wife is off today, and I'm trying to figure out what we can do without me getting into trouble.
My wife says I've been a little off since we got married.

Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. You missed a chance at the BrickHouse this morning on the jam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
Figures.  It's okay, I hit the Banter Consensus Deal yesterday and ordered up 20 Bijous from the Celeb.
They have the same deal today on the FdLA Robustos, $76.29 shipped

That is a good deal. Occasionally they will be $21.98 instead of the 22.98. Making it 20/$72.97 shipped. That's probably the beast deal I've seen on the robustos.

Afternoon, Scott
Afternoon Steve, that $21.98 deal is a thing of the past I think, great one though

« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

[...]

The distant past
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2016, 12:18:37 PM »

If BD's still here, Acid Blondies are on the page right now.
I liked the Blondies when I first started, but the more I smoked the less I like them.  So I'm crossing them off my list.  I like the Kuba Kuba Maduro so much, the I can't see buying a regular Kuba Kuba any more.  I did like the Acid Cold Infusion, but I get an occasionally upset stomach, so I'm still debating on that one.  I bought the Toast and Subculture but haven't tried them yet.
Toast was one of the few cigars I gave the CB "canal toss" to.  I don't like a sweetened tip cigar.  when I am in the mood for a cigar, I want a cigar, not a lollypop.  :P
The first cigar that I ever tried as a kid was a Swisher Sweet.  So I think it's easy to see how I was attracted to Acid.  But I think also go to the other end of the spectrum by liking Camacho Triple Maduro, and Diesel Unholy Cocktails.  Or at least that's my spectrum.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2016, 12:20:30 PM »

[...]

If it indeed is, it's only a couple months old 'cause I just used it in November. But a $4 difference is not a deal breaker.

Did you see the AF Hemingways for $31 and change? Not code friendly as a stand alone though.
Logged

Bad Dad

  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2016, 12:22:54 PM »

I'm going to take a break... bbl.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »

Hey DG of Ewing, NJ, what'd you give on the tobacconauts on the FreeFall? $45.26 was the lowest I saw.

« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:08 PM »

San Lotano makes a Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro.  They also make the same (I think) in a box pressed Oval.  Is there any difference in flavor between the box pressed Ovals vs the non-box pressed...?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the oval and the box pressed are two completely different cigars and they do not make all the same sizes in both.  They are both very good,  the oval is a bit better to me.
I see the difference in the sizes, but the flavors look the same to me..?  I also noticed they make a San Lotano Oval Habana 2000.  I've only had one or two cigars with the Habana 2000 wrapper, and I believe I enjoyed both of them.
I would say that there is a nearly uniform like  for both regular San Lotano and Ovals.  Don't think you can go wrong with anything in the line.
I liked the maduro's in the San Lotano line, not as good as the ovals, or the oval maduros, or the habanos, but a durn good cigar.  Just the others were so much better, they lost in comparison.   Good morning boys  8)
I guess I'll stick to the Ovals if I find a sale.  I also really like the maduro, but since I've only tried the maduro, it makes me want to try the other Ovals.
Had a big sale on the Page last week.  I'm sure it will be offered again before long.

« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2016, 12:38:48 PM »

Hey DG of Ewing, NJ, what'd you give on the tobacconauts on the FreeFall? $45.26 was the lowest I saw.
$46.78

« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2016, 12:39:22 PM »

I'm going to take a break... bbl.
Isn't that what this is?

« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »

Looks like Golf's box of Oscuros went near $60... ClemsonDaves $43 was a steal last time, but don't tell Golf that. He's on a cheapyCheapo Quest.  ;)
$60 is still  $50+ under a good price.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Looks like Golf's box of Oscuros went near $60... ClemsonDaves $43 was a steal last time, but don't tell Golf that. He's on a cheapyCheapo Quest.  ;)
$60 is still  $50+ under a good price.

Like you said, you're getting EPC's for 5Vegas pricing.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2016, 12:49:43 PM »

Hey DG of Ewing, NJ, what'd you give on the tobacconauts on the FreeFall? $45.26 was the lowest I saw.
$46.78

Oooh. There is also a (10)pk of Curivari petit cafes'... Based on your recommendation, do you think this line will hold up in that vitola? Wait for a toro?
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2016, 01:03:29 PM »

Lunch lull...

« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »

13 Padron  #88 Sampler Maduro  0% Savings!
            Box of 5/37.10

12 Ashton  Magnum  (5.0 x 50)
            5/37.50
11 CLE Cuarenta  Robusto  (5.0 x 50)
          10/29.99
10 Graycliff G2 Maduro  Torpedo  (6.2 x 52)
          10/29.99
 9 Pinar del Rio Habana Sun Grown  Torpedo  (6.5 x 52)
          10/25.00
 8 Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial   Robusto  (5.2 x 52)
           5/22.50
 7 Brick House  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
           5/24.10
 6 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro