CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: 1/12/2016  (Read 32892 times)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »

Good morning everyone...!
Good morning BD!
How is the world treating you Sam...?
There is a Chinese curse that reads "may you live in interesting times"  world is "interesting" at present.  You?
My wife is off today, and I'm trying to figure out what we can do without me getting into trouble.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2016, 10:47:53 AM »

San Lotano makes a Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro.  They also make the same (I think) in a box pressed Oval.  Is there any difference in flavor between the box pressed Ovals vs the non-box pressed...?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the oval and the box pressed are two completely different cigars and they do not make all the same sizes in both.  They are both very good,  the oval is a bit better to me.
I see the difference in the sizes, but the flavors look the same to me..?  I also noticed they make a San Lotano Oval Habana 2000.  I've only had one or two cigars with the Habana 2000 wrapper, and I believe I enjoyed both of them.
I would say that there is a nearly uniform like  for both regular San Lotano and Ovals.  Don't think you can go wrong with anything in the line.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »

San Lotano makes a Connecticut, Habano, and Maduro.  They also make the same (I think) in a box pressed Oval.  Is there any difference in flavor between the box pressed Ovals vs the non-box pressed...?
Someone please correct me if I am wrong but the oval and the box pressed are two completely different cigars and they do not make all the same sizes in both.  They are both very good,  the oval is a bit better to me.
I see the difference in the sizes, but the flavors look the same to me..?  I also noticed they make a San Lotano Oval Habana 2000.  I've only had one or two cigars with the Habana 2000 wrapper, and I believe I enjoyed both of them.
I would say that there is a nearly uniform like  for both regular San Lotano and Ovals.  Don't think you can go wrong with anything in the line.
I have boxes of each in both maduro and habano in the retirement tub if that tells you anything. ;)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »

Good morning BD!
There is a Chinese curse that reads "may you live in interesting times"  world is "interesting" at present.  You?
My wife is off today, and I'm trying to figure out what we can do without me getting into trouble.
You can always go for an instructional drive in the car.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2016, 11:02:02 AM »

I have boxes of each in both maduro and habano in the retirement tub if that tells you anything. ;)
In the back of my mind I'm thinking, "if they go on sale, and they are not the Ovals, would I still buy them...?"  I think I probably would.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2016, 11:05:15 AM »

Good morning BD!
She wants me to get gas in her car today.  It's down to 1/2 a tank, and she's afraid that if we have a snow storm she will not have enough gas to drive the 1 mile to work. 

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2016, 11:14:19 AM »

Good morning BD!
She wants me to get gas in her car today.  It's down to 1/2 a tank, and she's afraid that if we have a snow storm she will not have enough gas to drive the 1 mile to work.

yep. don't want to take any chances. probably get 30 mpg... so that's cutting it close.  ::)
...and more chance to freeze up when it gets that low.  :o

She likes to worry, doesn't she.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2016, 11:16:29 AM »

Good morning BD!

yep. don't want to take any chances. probably get 30 mpg... so that's cutting it close.  ::)

She  just likes to worry you. ;D

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »

For Christmas I received a NPower 2.5 watt Amorphous Solar Panel Battery Maintainer.  Some times I don't drive my truck for a week or two, so I thought this might help maintain the battery during the cold weather.  You set it onto the dashboard and plug it into the cigarette lighter.  It comes with 2 connectors.  One for the cigarette lighter, and one with battery clamps.  The problem is, when you plug it into the cigarette lighter, there is no way to know if it made a proper connection in the lighter socket.  So I went to Harbor Freight and bought a cheep $6 multi-meter.  Now I can disconnect the lighter end from the solar panel, plug it into the cigarette lighter, and use the multi-meter to make sure it's getting a connection.  Then plug it together and sit it onto the dashboard.  When I first tested it, the meter read 12.3 v.  After a couple of days it read 12.7 v.  Now to see how it does.. :)

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2016, 11:20:47 AM »

Good morning BD!

If she only worried about me that way, we would have had a happy marriage.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2016, 11:21:38 AM »

For Christmas I received a NPower 2.5 watt Amorphous Solar Panel Battery Maintainer.  Some times I don't drive my truck for a week or two, so I thought this might help maintain the battery during the cold weather.  You set it onto the dashboard and plug it into the cigarette lighter.  It comes with 2 connectors.  One for the cigarette lighter, and one with battery clamps.  The problem is, when you plug it into the cigarette lighter, there is no way to know if it made a proper connection in the lighter socket.  So I went to Harbor Freight and bought a cheep $6 multi-meter.  Now I can disconnect the lighter end from the solar panel, plug it into the cigarette lighter, and use the multi-meter to make sure it's getting a connection.  Then plug it together and sit it onto the dashboard.  When I first tested it, the meter read 12.3 v.  After a couple of days it read 12.7 v.  Now to see how it does.. :)

What if there's snow on the window?  :P

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2016, 11:31:25 AM »

Good morning BD!
My wife says I've been a little off since we got married.

Morning, muchachos.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2016, 11:32:27 AM »

Good morning BD!

Morning, muchachos.
Morning Raz

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:30 AM »

What if there's snow on the window?  :P
I guess it won't charge on those days.  I've always been fascinated with solar panels, so I thought it would be fun to have one.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:45 AM »

Good morning BD!

Morning, muchachos.

Morning, Bret. You missed a chance at the BrickHouse this morning on the jam-a-lam-a-ding-dong.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25