CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: 1/12/2016  (Read 32531 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 1/12/2016
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »

Sorry about your Tigers Dave, I was really hoping to see Sabin get his ass kicked.
Thanks.  They played tough, but two issues they had all season, special teams coverage and blown secondary coverage of tight ends/backs came back to bite them.
Clemson played a solid game against a solid program that has the experience under their belt of winning 4 of the last 7 National Championships, I would not even say Clemson lost or got beat they just did not win, but they did beat the spread.  Definitely got the most under rated quarterback in college football IMHO.  And best of all it was a great game to watch!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2016, 07:35:07 AM »

7 Brick House  Robusto  (5.0 x 54)
           5/24.10

6 Romeo y Julieta Vintage Toro
         10/39.99
 5 PDR 1878 Cubano Especial Capa Maduro
          5/19.50
 4 Alec Bradley Nica Puro Robusto
         10/24.99
 3 El Centurion Robusto
          5/27.50
 2 Oliva Connecticut Reserve
           5/24.50
 1 Don Pepin Garcia Blue
          5/24.50

Wake your lazy azz up Razz, you been screaming for Brick House and here they are.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2016, 07:37:51 AM »

Elect More Democrats!

From HalfWheel:

Chicago Cigar Tax Hike Proposed

Mayor Rahm Emmanuel wants a new orientation program from incoming high schoolers in the city of Chicago and he might just use cigars to help pay for it. Emmanuel has proposed a new one-week transition program for all incoming high school freshman and a two-week program for eighth grade dropouts, all of which will come to a total cost of $6 million. How does one pay for such a thing: tobacco taxes. Under Emmanuel’s plan a 90 cent per cigar tax would be issued on all large cigars. This is in addition to a state tax of 36 percent tax on the wholesale level and a 30 cent per cigar tax imposed by Cook County. At the moment, a cigar with a suggested retail price of $10.50 likely retails for around $14.88 in Chicago. If Emmanuel’s tax goes through, it could raise the price to $16.68 based on halfwheel estimates. In addition, small cigars would receive an additional 15 cent per cigar tax, a $6.60 per ounce tax on roll-your-own tobacco and $1.80 per ounce tax on smokeless tobacco. Not included is an increase on taxes for cigarettes

And we bitch about $5-6 for a $10 retail cigar!  Get those deals while you can though because that is going to change sooner than later IMHO!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2016, 08:00:25 AM »

Good morning, gents.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2016, 08:01:49 AM »

Sorry about your Tigers Dave, I was really hoping to see Sabin get his ass kicked.
Thanks.  They played tough, but two issues they had all season, special teams coverage and blown secondary coverage of tight ends/backs came back to bite them.
Clemson played a solid game against a solid program that has the experience under their belt of winning 4 of the last 7 National Championships, I would not even say Clemson lost or got beat they just did not win, but they did beat the spread.  Definitely got the most under rated quarterback in college football IMHO.  And best of all it was a great game to watch!
Both O and D lines played lights out.  Ref's called about a quarter of the holding calls and blew the clock call at the end of the half.  Same two weaknesses we've had all year, special teams and inexplicable blown pass coverage (mostly of tight ends or backs).

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2016, 08:02:04 AM »

Morning Mr. Tony.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2016, 08:17:57 AM »

Morning Mr. Tony.
Good morning, Dave. Don't want to keep beating a dead horse but sorry about the final result of yesterday's game.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2016, 08:21:58 AM »

Morning LSU
I am thinking Dave can be added to the I hate Sabin list now.
A face only a mother can love...

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2016, 08:22:58 AM »

Both O and D lines played lights out.  Ref's called about a quarter of the holding calls and blew the clock call at the end of the half.  Same two weaknesses we've had all year, special teams and inexplicable blown pass coverage (mostly of tight ends or backs).
You sound like a Game Cock, they played great and just met someone that played a little (very little), better and/or a had few more breaks that went their way or maybe had one or two less mistakes.  There was obscene holding on both sides that went totally unchecked.  The clock call was a definite fuk-up but that is part of the game and no way to know if it mattered.

Nothing more to say about it!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2016, 08:24:20 AM »

Morning Mayor

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2016, 08:25:31 AM »

I know you are lurking somewhere Fish so come on out and say good morning.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2016, 08:31:26 AM »

Morning Mayor
Yes it is. Good day to you, sir.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:10 AM »

They have offered me a little bit of encouragement to keep practicing retirement a little longer.  As soon as approved at the top (and that should be pretty simple but might take a month) I can do 3 days of telework every 2 weeks in addition to my every-other-Friday off.  (2 telework days one week then 1 tw day and a Friday off the next) so I don't have to put up with all the BS in this office and not have to drive down here as much.   I actually was seeking some encouragement to leave sooner but "be careful what you ask" ...... well I did not get it but it sort of backfired on me I guess.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2016, 08:34:38 AM »

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing