CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29

Author Topic: 7/9/2014  (Read 68684 times)

dwgbryant

Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2014, 03:23:10 PM »

Enjoying a Tat Havani VI at the B&M. Went with the Angeles since Scott was yapping so much about them the other day.
And you didn't have to worry about shipping!

Speaking of shipping... what's gonna happen to the 40,000+ kids coming from central America. We just gonna make 'em citizens and absorb all the living and medical costs. I feel bad, but that's a lot of fucking kids!
Might as well, we're going to absorb the cost anyway, and if we're going to absorb the cost we're better off to make them citizens so we can tax them and recoup the investment. 

The problem with all the political bullshit over immigration policy is that neither side ever does any math.  It costs to keep them out of the country, it costs to ship them out of the country, and even if you keep them out or ship them out we pump billions in foreign aid into their country because that's how we grease the skids of business for US importers and exporters.  It's also how we go about preventing World Wars, but we'll stick to basics here.  Meanwhile, all the farmers on the east side of my state are employing the hell out of illegals so they can satisfy the public's demand for cheap produce, and the horse ranchers around my town are employing hell out illegals because high school students don't want to earn money mucking out stalls and corrals - and parents don't want their students working 20 hours a week anyway because that hurts their grades and chances for getting into college affordably.  But these same horse ranchers and farmers will pack political meetings demanding hard-line immigration policy because they really don't want the status quo changed.  If you decrease the supply of black-market labor, their labor costs go up and labor stability goes down.   They want the black market because it works for them AND it gives them the opportunity to bitch about liberals.  It's a win-win.

I'm conservative in political preference.  But the immigration debate is inflamed by math-illiterates on all sides. 

On top of it all, the current workforce can't sustain the retirement of the Baby-Boomers.  We need an expanded labor pool.  Where's it going to come from?

You callin' the farmers bitches?

hahaha. no, where'd you get that from Joe?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

Enjoying a Tat Havani VI at the B&M. Went with the Angeles since Scott was yapping so much about them the other day.
And you didn't have to worry about shipping!
Deadbeats, they's everywhere!  Howdy Tony.

Speaking of shipping... what's gonna happen to the 40,000+ kids coming from central America. We just gonna make 'em citizens and absorb all the living and medical costs. I feel bad, but that's a lot of fucking kids!
at least we all get to share in raising deadbeats at our govts/taxpayer expense.
Ya just can't get away from them.  Sheesh.
deadbeats, they's everywhere!  Howdy Tony.
I'm well Mike, how about you?  I'll be weller in a couple of hours though.
nothing like living on your own time to perk a body up.

dwgbryant

« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2014, 03:25:00 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?
I haven't forgotten about you.  I was considering changing all the founding members to red white and blue.  Didn't get it done by July 4th.  Still wanna do it though.  Were you looking for just you to be a red star?  That will be trickier.

I don't care Tony, but me just having red stars would be nice. ha.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2014, 03:32:35 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?
I haven't forgotten about you.  I was considering changing all the founding members to red white and blue.  Didn't get it done by July 4th.  Still wanna do it though.  Were you looking for just you to be a red star?  That will be trickier.

And they'd match your eyes so well. Hi Mark

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »

Heading out a bit early, today is my wife's birthday and I have a few errands yet. See you bitches tomorrow
Buying her some beer and cigars?

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2014, 03:43:03 PM »

Your V-cutter or the B&M's? Looks like a little snag there.

Shop's cutter. Cheapy. Got the job done, that was actually some loose tobacco from the cap that I removed, haha.
Good deal on some LT Ninfa's on CigarPlace.biz close out - $1.39 each.

Finally pulled the trigger on these. Was waiting for Early Bird, but the added 10% off more than made up for it. They started with 5 units this morning and are down to 2. Didn't figure they'd last much longer at that price.

I sure hope they ship on time. I want one NOW!  ;)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2014, 03:45:18 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

LOL...change em all to yellow!

dwgbryant

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2014, 03:53:23 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2014, 03:56:35 PM »

Your V-cutter or the B&M's? Looks like a little snag there.

Shop's cutter. Cheapy. Got the job done, that was actually some loose tobacco from the cap that I removed, haha.
Good deal on some LT Ninfa's on CigarPlace.biz close out - $1.39 each.

Finally pulled the trigger on these. Was waiting for Early Bird, but the added 10% off more than made up for it. They started with 5 units this morning and are down to 2. Didn't figure they'd last much longer at that price.

I sure hope they ship on time. I want one NOW!  ;)
You get some of that LT goodness from a small cigar.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2014, 04:00:08 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO
and the Beaner gets a gold star.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2014, 04:01:52 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO
Can you make my stars bigger? ;)

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2014, 04:02:01 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO

HA! 3d gets 3 stars... all yellow.

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2014, 04:02:50 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO

Just rub 'em a little.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2014, 04:06:35 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO

Just rub 'em a little.
Well shit, I just might give that a go tonight ;)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »

hi Tony.
where's my red stars?

ROTFLMAO
Oh Great - Now we got two Hemorhoids.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29