CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: 7/9/2014  (Read 68689 times)

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #300 on: July 09, 2014, 01:47:56 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

By "lackadaisical", do you mean "more than the 2-3 business days they advertise?"
I placed my order last Thursday and on Tuesday it still hasn't shipped, I'm sorry but that is not acceptable. How about not taking my money until the order ships. I'm sure things would move a lot faster!
Now I'm curious.  If you're charging a Visa or MasterCard, they aren't supposed to actually charge before they ship, though they can place a transaction pending lock.  You're saying they actually charged?
yes, they charged my debit card and I'm waiting for them to put it back!
Why didn't you just wait 1 more day for them to ship? Are you out of cigars or just being a Masshole?
Whiny Wednesday!

sfish

« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:13 PM »

On a separate but similar note I ordered a watch for my wife's birthday from Amazon, I'm a member of Prime which means you get free 2-day shipping. Placed the order on Tuesday, July 1 and received the watch on Saturday, July 5. They didn't ship the watch until the 3rd but still fulfilled the 2-day claim. I didn't cancel the order like a bitch or anything, just a lesson learned, I still wanted the watch after all

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #302 on: July 09, 2014, 01:51:40 PM »

I understand the age of instant gratification we live in, but does anyone actually NEED a cigar order within 3-5 days? Aren't you gonna rest them a bit anyway?

I wonder how many people would actually choose FREE Next Day Delivery if offered, as opposed to a $10-15 OFF coupon.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2014, 01:53:31 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I’m sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

By "lackadaisical", do you mean "more than the 2-3 business days they advertise?"
I placed my order last Thursday and on Tuesday it still hasn't shipped, I'm sorry but that is not acceptable. How about not taking my money until the order ships. I'm sure things would move a lot faster!
Now I'm curious.  If you're charging a Visa or MasterCard, they aren't supposed to actually charge before they ship, though they can place a transaction pending lock.  You're saying they actually charged?
Debit card rules are different than credit card, but even so...technically they haven't actually charged you.  They've placed a hold.  Now, the net effect is you can't use that money, so it's obviously a rather semantical difference.  It's the same procedure done if you use your debit card to pay at the pump for gas.  You slide the card, they place a hold for a certain amount of money, you pump the gas, then they charge for the actual amount used.  It's just that the hold and the actual transaction happen in such proximity that you don't think about it or care. 

But legally it's an important distinction.  So long as the money is in your account, you have a greater capacity to nullify the transaction - which is why Lori didn't fight you on the cancellation (she'd have lost, and her "lecture" is mostly blowing smoke).  At least, you have greater capacity to nullify in the US, where the law still says the customer is presumed to be right.  Everywhere else in the world, forget it.  You have to prove the merchant is wrong.

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #304 on: July 09, 2014, 01:56:39 PM »

On a separate but similar note I ordered a watch for my wife's birthday from Amazon, I'm a member of Prime which means you get free 2-day shipping. Placed the order on Tuesday, July 1 and received the watch on Saturday, July 5. They didn't ship the watch until the 3rd but still fulfilled the 2-day claim. I didn't cancel the order like a bitch or anything, just a lesson learned, I still wanted the watch after all
Who you calling a bitch?!

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2014, 01:59:19 PM »

off to work, see yaz

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2014, 01:59:57 PM »

Fred "Da Bitch" Bob that's who.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #307 on: July 09, 2014, 02:01:53 PM »

Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, what day is it?  Hump DAAAAAAaaaayyy!

sfish

« Reply #308 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:39 PM »

The guy that cancelled a cigar order on general principal over 1 day of shipping - was that you?

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #309 on: July 09, 2014, 02:02:45 PM »

Debit card rules are different than credit card, but even so...technically they haven't actually charged you.  They've placed a hold.  Now, the net effect is you can't use that money, so it's obviously a rather semantical difference.  It's the same procedure done if you use your debit card to pay at the pump for gas.  You slide the card, they place a hold for a certain amount of money, you pump the gas, then they charge for the actual amount used.  It's just that the hold and the actual transaction happen in such proximity that you don't think about it or care. 

But legally it's an important distinction.  So long as the money is in your account, you have a greater capacity to nullify the transaction - which is why Lori didn't fight you on the cancellation (she'd have lost, and her "lecture" is mostly blowing smoke).  At least, you have greater capacity to nullify in the US, where the law still says the customer is presumed to be right.  Everywhere else in the world, forget it.  You have to prove the merchant is wrong.
What do you expect when doing business with the Devil?

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #310 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:07 PM »

Enjoying a Tat Havani VI at the B&M. Went with the Angeles since Scott was yapping so much about them the other day.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #311 on: July 09, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »

Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, Dave, what day is it?  Hump DAAAAAAaaaayyy!
Mikey!

BackyardSmoker

• Smoke is good
  • Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Back2Back
« Reply #312 on: July 09, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »

Enjoying a Tat Havani VI at the B&M. Went with the Angeles since Scott was yapping so much about them the other day.

Your V-cutter or the B&M's? Looks like a little snag there.

flip from jersey

• Founding Member
  • Endeared Status
  • We don't need no stinking apple, give me my Gurkha
« Reply #313 on: July 09, 2014, 02:07:58 PM »

got to get back to my research, take care guys...

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #314 on: July 09, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »

off to work, see yaz
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work Fred goes!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29