DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2014, 12:58:21 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I知 sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

Lori's got some balls on 'er!

« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:29 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I知 sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

By "lackadaisical", do you mean "more than the 2-3 business days they advertise?"
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2014, 01:02:15 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I知 sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

Lori's got some balls on 'er!
Indeed! How can they even consider charging a restocking fee on something that hasn't gone out the door? Fuck them!

« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I知 sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

Yeah, who do they think they are? CI?  Fred, I have weekly shipping, and a order that closed at midnight last night.  what are your particulars on the cancelled order.  I have a processing still as a status on my order. It usually gets here on thursday. latest friday with a wednesday morning ship.

« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2014, 01:06:44 PM »

[...]

cigarbid.com, you were the winning bidder, someone else might have won, and wanted the items.  Also it doesn't mean they hadn't put most of your stuff in a box already, waiting for one more item they had misplaced, or had the wrong count on.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2014, 01:07:38 PM »

I've had all I can stand and I can't stands no more! This is my latest encounter with Cbid:

Order Confirmation # cb394xxx
If my order does not ship today, CANCEL IT! This lackadaisical shipping of orders is totally unacceptable!

Customer service comment by: Lori  Date: 7/8/14 06:23 PM

Robert, Thank you for contacting Cigar Bid. Your order will not be shipping today, so I will cancel your order as requested.Because this is a cancellation, typically a 15% restocking fee is assessed. However, as a one time courtesy, we will waive that restocking fee. If orders or bids are cancelled in the future, please note that the 15% restocking fee will be charged.I知 sorry that you are dissatisfied with our shipping times.If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.Thank you, LoriCustomer Service

I'll have to check my email to see if I had the same customer service rep. I inquired as to why when I "won" boxes, I wasn't getting boxes but instead 5-pack equivalents. I even went as far as to say the box in most cases isn't even that important. It's the fact that they should be sending items in the original packaging when stated as such. She went on to say that sometimes the boxes are disguarded if they are damaged, blah, blah, blah. I said that is fine but just in my recent order history, I've never received a box. She said she could see if they had any available to send me. Anyway, last order of Cuarentas came in a box... seal broken, gouged like it was opened with the dull end of a butter knife, and loosly re-shrinkwrpped. Nice. It was a box. haha.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #276 on: July 09, 2014, 01:08:05 PM »

[...]

I understand the general discontent, but I also kinda understand their restocking fee.  You're cancelling an auction order, which is to say that had you not won they would've sold the cigars to someone else.  Now they have to list the item again.  For any one transaction this is obviously not a huge deal for them, but if this policy were not in place your bids would mean nothing.  You could just win every auction and pay only for deals you liked.  It'd be a mess.  I'd be pissed if a buyer on one of my ebay auctions backed out after committing.

Just playin' devils advocate.  Morning, FB.
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

[...]

I placed my order last Thursday and on Tuesday it still hasn't shipped, I'm sorry but that is not acceptable. How about not taking my money until the order ships. I'm sure things would move a lot faster!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #278 on: July 09, 2014, 01:09:28 PM »

I'm off to the B&M for a morning smoke.  Check in once I get there and pick something out...

« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2014, 01:11:35 PM »

[...]

How can they even mention the restocking fee? Especially because they make you pick a day for consolidation limits then they don't ship? Bullshit
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2014, 01:13:41 PM »

[...]

Yesterday was withing their 2-3 business day shipping time, Friday was a holiday.  Just sayin'.

But hey, bring on some more ant-CI/Cbid/Cigar.com rants!  No axe to fear, here!!

« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2014, 01:14:42 PM »

[...]

OK, Friday was a national holiday, and they had big banners on the site, saying there would be no shipping on the 4th of July.  When you get a 3 day weekend, a lot of people take vacations around then, so they get the extra day.  It's kinda hard to ship items, if the guys that close the boxes, doesn't show up.  just my $0.02.

« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2014, 01:18:37 PM »

[...]

Now I'm curious.  If you're charging a Visa or MasterCard, they aren't supposed to actually charge before they ship, though they can place a transaction pending lock.  You're saying they actually charged?
Logged

Fred Bumpus

« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »

[...]

I placed an order with Amazon on Saturday, it was packed and ready to ship on Sunday, I received my stuff yesterday. Is it wrong to consider Cbid/Ci/Sprint/Cigar.com the "Amazon" of the cigar business?
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #284 on: July 09, 2014, 01:21:19 PM »

EO #21 for lunch.
You really should smoke it rather than eat it.
well, you know what I meant.
2 swiss burgers on onion bagels, not too bad.