LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2014, 05:20:02 AM »

Five years ago: The Group of Eight industrialized nations opened their summit in L'Aquila, Italy, to Group of Five developing countries Brazil, China, India, Mexico and South Africa, as well as Egypt. The Dutch government turned over dozens of antiquities stolen from Iraq to Baghdad's ambassador. Byrd and Melanie Billings, a wealthy couple in Escambia County, Florida, were murdered during a home invasion robbery (seven men were later convicted for their roles in the killings; one was sentenced to death as the ringleader). Michael Phelps broke the then-world record in the 100-meter butterfly at the U.S. national championships in Indianapolis, swimming the two-lap final in 50.22 seconds.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2014, 05:20:31 AM »

One year ago: Egypt's military-backed interim leader, Adly Mansour, named economist Hazem el-Beblawi as prime minister, ending days of political deadlock. Francesco Schettino, the former captain of the luxury liner Costa Concordia, went on trial for the 2012 shipwreck off Giglio that claimed 32 lives. A massive memorial service in Arizona honored 19 members of the Prescott-based Granite Mountain Hotshots who died when a wind-fueled, out-of-control fire overran them. Defensemen Scott Niedermayer and Chris Chelios, along with forward Brendan Shanahan, were elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame; they were joined in the class of 2013 by Geraldine Heaney, the third woman to be enshrined in the hall, and the late Fred Shero, the coach who'd led the Philadelphia Flyers to the Stanley Cup in 1974 and '75.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »

Today's Birthdays: Actor-singer Ed Ames is 87. Former Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld is 82. Neurologist and author Oliver Sacks is 81. Actor James Hampton is 78. Actor Brian Dennehy is 76. Actor Richard Roundtree is 72. Author Dean Koontz is 69. Football Hall-of-Famer O.J. Simpson is 67. Actor Chris Cooper is 63. TV personality John Tesh is 62. Country singer David Ball is 61. Business executive/TV personality Kevin O'Leary (TV: "Shark Tank") is 60. Rhythm-and-blues singer Debbie Sledge (Sister Sledge) is 60. Actor Jimmy Smits is 59. Actress Lisa Banes is 59. Actor Tom Hanks is 58. Singer Marc Almond is 57. Actress Kelly McGillis is 57. Rock singer Jim Kerr (Simple Minds) is 55. Actress-rock singer Courtney Love is 50. Rock musician Frank Bello (Anthrax) is 49. Actor David O'Hara is 49. Rock musician Xavier Muriel (Buckcherry) is 46. Actor Scott Grimes is 43. Actor Enrique Murciano is 41. Musician/producer Jack White is 39. Rock musician Dan Estrin (Hoobastank) is 38. Actor-director Fred Savage is 38. Country musician Pat Allingham is 36. Actress Megan Parlen is 34. Rhythm-and-blues singer Kiely Williams (3lw) is 28. Actor Mitchel (cq) Musso is 23. Actress Georgie Henley is 19.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2014, 05:21:22 AM »

Thought for Today: "Quotations (such as have point and lack triteness) from the great old authors are an act of filial reverence on the part of the quoter, and a blessing to a public grown superficial and external." — Louise Imogen Guiney, American poet and essayist (1861-1920).

Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2014, 05:21:55 AM »

The Marathon
-------------------------

Mary was having an affair during the day while her husband was at work.
One day, she was in bed with her boyfriend Ralph, when she heard her
husband's car pull in the driveway. She yelled at Ralph, "Hurry! grab your
clothes and jump out the window, my husband is home early!"

Ralph looked out the window and said, "I can't jump out the window! It's
raining like hell out there."

Mary cried, "If my husband catches us in here, he will kill both of us!"

So, Ralph grabbed his clothes and jumped out the window. When he landed
outside he found himself in the middle of a marathon race, so he started
running along side the others, only he was still in the nude, carrying his
clothes on his arm.

One of the runners asked him, "Do you always run in the nude?"

Ralph answered, while gasping for air, "Oh yes, it feels so free having
the air blow over your skin while you are running."

Then another runner asked, "Do you always run carrying your clothes on
your arm?"

Ralph answered breathlessly, "Oh yes, that way I can get dressed at the
end of the run and get in my car to go home."

Then another runner asked, "Do you always wear a condom when you run?"

Ralph answered, "Only if it's raining."

« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:15 AM »

Morning LSU.  Back to work day for me.

« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2014, 05:53:20 AM »

Time to go to work good morning to all you slackers when you wake up.

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:54 AM »

Morning all. Happy day of humping.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:30 AM »

Morning all. Happy day of humping.
Good morning Dave.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2014, 06:10:04 AM »

Time to go to work good morning to all you slackers when you wake up.
I wish I was still asleep. Good morning Native.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2014, 06:11:05 AM »

Morning LSU.  Back to work day for me.
Long week for you if I remember, today and Thursday and then your 3 day weekend. Good planning on your part.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 7/9/2014
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2014, 06:11:59 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Logged

Short stack

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:49 AM »

Good morning Short stack.
Good morning all, Hope everyone has a good hump day.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2014, 06:26:15 AM »

good morning guys. just visited the CI banter: Whoops!
We're sorry, but the promotion you were looking for is not available at this time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:39 AM »

What's with Rocky Patel day over on the mash? Sheesh.