CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28

Author Topic: 7/8/2014  (Read 67810 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 7/8/2014
« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
That's slightly better - $4.75/stick shipped - than I've been getting.  I paid $4.86/stick shipped from CigarFed, and $4.90/stick shipped from CigarBid.

Of course, all of these are better than what I paid for the first one I smoked ($11 at the b&m) or the first five I ordered ($6.26/stick shipped from CAYP).

sfish

« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »

Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »

My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something? 

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »

My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something? 

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »

Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!
Indeed. And in this case, since I work for the agency that does all the anti-tobacco campaigns, some of the tax flowed back into my paycheck.  So wasn't complaining about the b&m price - particularly because my eyes were telling me I wasn't going to like them.  So buying one seemed to be a safe gamble.  Good thing I don't often listen to my eyes.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.
But you have to backorder. 

Edit:  Or buy two ten-packs and a five-pack.  $117.84 after discount.  Dammit.  I hate you, Joe.  But still in the $4.71/stick range.

sfish

« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.
Sounds like a good, old fashioned double-teaming. Enjoy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 28