« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2014, 02:41:29 PM »

Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.

« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2014, 02:45:11 PM »

Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
That's slightly better - $4.75/stick shipped - than I've been getting.  I paid $4.86/stick shipped from CigarFed, and $4.90/stick shipped from CigarBid.

Of course, all of these are better than what I paid for the first one I smoked ($11 at the b&m) or the first five I ordered ($6.26/stick shipped from CAYP).

« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2014, 02:47:44 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality

« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2014, 02:48:32 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2014, 02:52:54 PM »

Nica Rustica 10 packs at Famous for $47.47 after catsrule and $1 shipping today
My bad, may not be the case with the shipping but there was a $1 shipping banner up and looks like it's just for the "sale" stuff

Nice.  Be a while before I need to restock these but like seeing the relatively low prices out there.  Was there some sort of deal on these at CigarFed in the past week or so?  Seen a few people referencing one...
Paid $116 for a bundle. Took them 8 days just to get them out of the warehouse. Got 'em yesterday. It looked like the packing material came out of the trash can. Cigars are fine, tho and it wasn't like I was out.
Tell me again how you got them for $116?  I had to pay $121.45. You had a gift card or something?

The packing material was wadded up cellophane. I dunno, probably as good as anything else, but Dusty's right, the long ship time and the improvised shipping material didn't leave a great impression.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2014, 02:56:14 PM »

[...]

And also - NR bundles are $112.05 at Famous after the catsrule coupon.

« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:07 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.

« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:36 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Same thing happens when we expect too much out of Tony, like punctuality
Fuck you.

« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.

But if you would've tried it and hated it, at least you only would've been out $11.  So there's that.  Also as has been stated in the past, your taxes are fucking crazy.  NRs aren't even $11 at B&Ms here!
Indeed. And in this case, since I work for the agency that does all the anti-tobacco campaigns, some of the tax flowed back into my paycheck.  So wasn't complaining about the b&m price - particularly because my eyes were telling me I wasn't going to like them.  So buying one seemed to be a safe gamble.  Good thing I don't often listen to my eyes.

« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2014, 03:00:23 PM »

[...]

But you have to backorder.

Edit:  Or buy two ten-packs and a five-pack.  $117.84 after discount.  Dammit.  I hate you, Joe.  But still in the $4.71/stick range.

« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2014, 03:01:18 PM »

Going to smoke my first Las Calaveras, robusto, tonight!...any thoughts on it before I spark it up?
Best going into it with an open mind, just give it a little attention and enjoy.

Indeed.  Smoke one, then see if your thoughts compare to anything else out there.  I do try to smoke everything with an open mind, even AJFs.  My problem is that I start to expect too much from a cigar.
Very true...everything I have heard has been positive, so I am pretty jacked.  But again, not over hyping it, just excited to try it

You're a very excitable person, haha.
I'm a My Father slut...and I like Crowned Heads...it sounds like a winner, haha.
Sounds like a good, old fashioned double-teaming. Enjoy