CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: 7/7/2014  (Read 58387 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 7/7/2014
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2014, 11:06:06 AM »

Good morning, folks. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Howdy, Dusty. Great weekend. I bought 35 cigars (and counting).  And smoked five.
Smoked 5 a day and didn't buy any.....still waiting for my bundle of NR's.
Had monsoonal T-storms every day. Loved it.
Rusticas were free falling over the weekend for $22.50 a 5er. morning all
Howdy FB.....guess I missed that one.
Hey DustyD, were you involved with that haboob recently?
That was NE of Tucson.....on the way to Phoenix.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/dps-shoot-at-suspect-after-ramming-dps-vehicle

That is our dealership in the photo, lol
Sheesh!

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »

Howdy, Dusty. Great weekend. I bought 35 cigars (and counting).  And smoked five.
Smoked one Friday after about 2 months rest and IMHO $22.50 is about $7.50 more than they are worth with free shipping.  Could be why they are free falling, very disappointing introduction but might get better after a year of rest like the Undercrowns did.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »

Smoked one Friday after about 2 months rest and IMHO $22.50 is about $7.50 more than they are worth with free shipping.  Could be why they are free falling, very disappointing introduction but might get better after a year of rest like the Undercrowns did.
As they say, no accounting for taste.  Everyone's is different. 

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2014, 11:23:22 AM »

Howdy FB.....guess I missed that one.
Hey DustyD, were you involved with that haboob recently?
That was NE of Tucson.....on the way to Phoenix.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/dps-shoot-at-suspect-after-ramming-dps-vehicle

That is our dealership in the photo, lol
Sheesh!
Indeed.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »

Don't think I had anything new-to-me over the weekend but I made my first 'revisit' to the Nirvana by DE or Royal Gold or whoever wants to take credit for it.  Nice enough cigar but I don't get any of that cinnamon type flavor I sometimes associate with cameroon wrappers.  The Nirvana is smooth and creamy and all that, but I've found both that I've smoked to be a tad boring.

sfish

« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »

Don't think I had anything new-to-me over the weekend but I made my first 'revisit' to the Nirvana by DE or Royal Gold or whoever wants to take credit for it.  Nice enough cigar but I don't get any of that cinnamon type flavor I sometimes associate with cameroon wrappers.  The Nirvana is smooth and creamy and all that, but I've found both that I've smoked to be a tad boring.
I smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles, first for that vitola and it was by far the best I've tried in the line, could stock up on those

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2014, 11:56:16 AM »

I smoked a Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles, first for that vitola and it was by far the best I've tried in the line, could stock up on those

Haven't had that particular size but I'll pick some up.  I've had the Victorias (petite lancero), Nobles (robusto) and the 4x40 petite corona.  Favorite of those three is the robusto, least favorite is the petite corona.

sfish

« Reply #127 on: July 07, 2014, 12:02:40 PM »

Haven't had that particular size but I'll pick some up.  I've had the Victorias (petite lancero), Nobles (robusto) and the 4x40 petite corona.  Favorite of those three is the robusto, least favorite is the petite corona.
This size is 4.6 x 42, for me it was much better than the robusto

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #128 on: July 07, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »

I had one Corona Gorda about a week off the truck, maybe less.  It just wasn't ready, imo.  Lots of black pepper unbalanced against everything else, which itself was pretty muddy.  Not much in the way of flavors I usually associate with Cameroon.  I'll be giving it another try in two weeks or so, about a month of downtime. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #129 on: July 07, 2014, 12:06:24 PM »

I had one Corona Gorda about a week off the truck, maybe less.  It just wasn't ready, imo.  Lots of black pepper unbalanced against everything else, which itself was pretty muddy.  Not much in the way of flavors I usually associate with Cameroon.  I'll be giving it another try in two weeks or so, about a month of downtime.

Yeah, this one was at two months down time.  I wouldn't guess cameroon wrapper if smoking it blind. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

OK, let's try beer talk to liven things up a bit.  Gotta get the kids early from daycare today, may take 'em on a field trip to the Ballast Point brewery - Victory at Sea available for growler fills.

sfish

« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2014, 12:25:28 PM »

OK, let's try beer talk to liven things up a bit.  Gotta get the kids early from daycare today, may take 'em on a field trip to the Ballast Point brewery - Victory at Sea available for growler fills.
Sounds perfect, kids love the brewery experience. Needless to say I'm jealous of the VaS growler

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2014, 12:29:53 PM »

Sounds perfect, kids love the brewery experience. Needless to say I'm jealous of the VaS growler

Drank the growler of Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastaed Ale (Stone) yesterday... awesome beer.  A shame that that one's not available in bottles.  Maybe I'll take them to the Stone Brewery for lunch after our field trip.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

Also - a real small restaurant/brewery chain just opened up a new location a mile or two up the road... Urbn Street Brewing Co.  Lots of stuff on tap including 6-8 of their own beers, menu of various coal fired pizzas.  Went there for lunch on July 4th.  Good pizza and I really liked their Urbn Brown Ale... chocolate/graham cracker.  Somewhat light ABV (5.5%, I think?) but very drinkable, especially at lunch time. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2014, 12:38:15 PM »

Drank the growler of Bourbon Barrel Aged Arrogant Bastaed Ale (Stone) yesterday... awesome beer.  A shame that that one's not available in bottles.  Maybe I'll take them to the Stone Brewery for lunch after our field trip.
Kids gonna be livin' it up today!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24