Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1979, former first lady Mamie Eisenhower died in Washington, D.C., at age 82.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

In 1989, East Germany reopened its border with Czechoslovakia, prompting tens of thousands of refugees to flee to the West.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Ten years ago: Democrats forced the Republican-controlled Senate into an unusual closed session, questioning the intelligence utilized by the White House in the run-up to the war in Iraq; Republicans derided the move as a political stunt. The Federal Reserve increased a key interest rate by a quarter-point to 4 percent, the highest level in more than four years. Musical conductor Skitch Henderson died in New Milford, Connecticut, at age 87.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Five years ago: Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong, 61, was convicted by a jury in Erie, Pennsylvania, of participating in a bizarre plot in which a pizza delivery driver was forced to rob a bank wearing a metal bomb collar that later exploded, killing him. (Diehl-Armstrong was later sentenced to life in prison.) The San Francisco Giants won the World Series with a 3-1 victory over the Texas Rangers in Game 5.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

One year ago: The national average price of gasoline fell to $2.995, according to AAA, marking the first time in four years that gas was cheaper than $3 a gallon. The United Nations' expert panel on climate science, meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark, finished a report on global warming that the agency said offered "conclusive evidence" that humans were altering Earth's climate system. Bayern won the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic by a nose, surviving a stewards' inquiry prompted by multiple horses bumping near the start. Wayne Static, 48, the front man for the metal band Static-X, died in Landers, California.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Today's Birthdays: Golfer Gary Player is 80. Country singer Bill Anderson is 78. Actress Barbara Bosson is 76. Actor Robert Foxworth is 74. Magazine publisher Larry Flynt is 73. Country singer-humorist Kinky Friedman is 71. Actress Jeannie Berlin is 66. Music producer David Foster is 66. Actress Belita Moreno is 66. Rhythm-and-blues musician Ronald Khalis Bell (Kool and the Gang) is 64. Country singer-songwriter-producer Keith Stegall is 61. Country singer Lyle Lovett is 58. Actress Rachel Ticotin is 57. Rock musician Eddie MacDonald (The Alarm) is 56. Apple CEO Tim Cook is 55. Actress Helene Udy is 54. Rock singer Anthony Kiedis (Red Hot Chili Peppers) is 53. Pop singer-musician Mags Furuholmen (a-ha) is 53. Rock musician Rick Allen (Def Leppard) is 52. Country singer "Big Kenny" Alphin (Big and Rich) is 52. Singer Sophie B. Hawkins is 51. Rapper Willie D (Geto Boys) is 49. Country musician Dale Wallace (Emerson Drive) is 46. Actress Toni Collette is 43. Actress-talk show host Jenny McCarthy is 43. Rock musician Andrew Gonzales is 43. Actor David Berman is 42. Actress Aishwarya Rai (ash-WAHR'-ee-ah rye) is 42. Rock singer Bo Bice is 40. Actor Matt Jones is 34. Actress Natalia Tena is 31. Actor Penn Badgley is 29. Actor Max Burkholder is 18. Actor-musician Alex Wolff is 18.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Thought for Today: "People who bite the hand that feeds them usually lick the boot that kicks them." — Eric Hoffer, American author and philosopher (1902-1983).
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Sex on the Sabbath
-------------------------

A man wonders if having sex on the Sabbath is a sin because he is not sure if sex is work or play. So he goes to a priest and asks for his opinion on this question. After consulting the Bible, the priest says, "My son, after an exhaustive search, I am positive that sex is work and is therefore not permitted on Sundays."

The man thinks: "What does a priest know about sex?" So he goes to a minister who, after all, is a married man and experienced in this matter. He queries the minister and receives the same reply. Sex is work and therefore not for the Sabbath!

Not pleased with the reply, he seeks out a Rabbi, a man of thousands of years tradition and knowledge. The Rabbi ponders the question, then states, "My son, sex is definitely play."

The man replies, "Rabbi, how can you be so sure when so many others tell me sex is work?"

The Rabbi softly speaks, "My son, if sex were work, my wife would have the maid do it."
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time to hit the road for work, enjoy your day guys.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Time for a sheesh.
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Morning LSU.

Saw Austin's own Kinky Friedman on the birthday list.   Talk about apiece of work, made a serious run against Rick Perry for Govenor of TX a few years ago.  Also has his own brand of cigars.

“After a lifetime of smoking cigars I only have one or two taste buds left,
but I can assure you, those little buds are having one hell of a party now!" - Kinky Friedman

The new Kinky Friedman Cigars Signature Series is made at the Tabacalera Carreras, S.A. factory in Esteli, Nicaragua by tobacconist Carlos Cabeza, master blender Angel Gonzalo Puentes Rivadulla and hand crafted by some of the world’s most talented artisans. Charlie Head and his team of experts at Havana Alley, after years of blending, tweaking and sampling cigars from regions all over the world, have created a true masterpiece.

Edit:  I should be noted they are terrible cigars
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9