Pages: 1 [2] 3

Morning, all. First volleyball game is this morning for the youngest. Also first time being a sports parent and I feel like I'm getting hosed. Since I don't really know anything about the rules of volleyball, how will I yell at the ump (ref?) for blowing a call?

Eh, I'll wing it.
You got the internet, study!
I think I followed it well enough. Not terribly concerned about it because right now, they don't even have a high school team. So unless that changes, this is the first and last season for it.

Morning, all. First volleyball game is this morning for the youngest. Also first time being a sports parent and I feel like I'm getting hosed. Since I don't really know anything about the rules of volleyball, how will I yell at the ump (ref?) for blowing a call?

Eh, I'll wing it.
You'll pick it up quickly. It should be fun. Good luck!
In the game before ours (all the schools play at the same location every week), 2 people were actually on the verge of fighting about something I'm sure was ridiculous. It's fucking middle school volleyball guys, chill the hell out. Sheesh.

But our team won both games, and we all know that's all that matters. :D
Absolutely. That's awesome!

Wordle 826 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Sorry I'm a little late, band breakfast to host.

Mmmm! What was for breakfast?

Connections
Puzzle #104
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨

Morning, all. First volleyball game is this morning for the youngest. Also first time being a sports parent and I feel like I'm getting hosed. Since I don't really know anything about the rules of volleyball, how will I yell at the ump (ref?) for blowing a call?

Eh, I'll wing it.
You got the internet, study!
I think I followed it well enough. Not terribly concerned about it because right now, they don't even have a high school team. So unless that changes, this is the first and last season for it.
I love volleyball. Watching it, as well as playing. I hope they develop a team for your daughter in high school because that's a good one.

Edit: Always wished my kids played it. My wife's cousin still plays it semi-professionally. (beach version)

Morning, all. First volleyball game is this morning for the youngest. Also first time being a sports parent and I feel like I'm getting hosed. Since I don't really know anything about the rules of volleyball, how will I yell at the ump (ref?) for blowing a call?

Eh, I'll wing it.
You got the internet, study!
I think I followed it well enough. Not terribly concerned about it because right now, they don't even have a high school team. So unless that changes, this is the first and last season for it.
I love volleyball. Watching it, as well as playing. I hope they develop a team for your daughter in high school because that's a good one.

Edit: Always wished my kids played it. My wife's cousin still plays it semi-professionally. (beach version)
I hope so too, but they had this team last year and it didn't turn into a high school team, so I don't have a ton of hope.

And as my sister pointed out today while sitting in the wind and rain at my nephew's soccer match, it's indoors, which is always nice. :D

[...]

Exactly right. We don't have a game today for whatever reason. But we do tomorrow and the weather should be about the same as today.

[...]

Besides, I'm sure they'll have a team if you coach. Plenty of time for you to learn the game between now and then.

[...]

LALTS

[...]

He is supposed to have another game tomorrow as well, but we'll see. She said a lot of fields and leagues canceled games there today, but not his.

Afternoon, muchachos.

Not a great day for the games.

Connections
Puzzle #104