Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2023, 11:46:00 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2023, 11:46:27 AM »

Wordle 741 4/6

🟩🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2023, 11:49:12 AM »

good morning guys. getting old was fun. being old, not so much. too many health issues, too many doctors, too many limitations.
good news, my kids are all down for the week and being almost crippled I can't keep up with all they want to do. frustrating, but everyone is having a great time.
We've missed you, Dean. Best to you and yours.

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz and FedExDave.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2023, 11:54:41 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 4
Raz Over/Under is 8
Only seven.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2023, 11:57:06 AM »

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2023, 01:25:41 PM »

Raz back on page 3 where he belongs!   ;)

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2023, 01:26:23 PM »

Raz back on page 3 where he belongs!   ;)
Along with these birthday ladies.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2023, 01:26:43 PM »

Down to 104 air quality, which is barely in the "unhealthy for sensitive groups" category. Things are looking up.

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2023, 02:15:53 PM »

Just about time to log off. Playing Uber driver and dropping the oldest off at a friend's house, she's going camping with them for the weekend. Here's to a 4-day weekend!

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2023, 02:20:56 PM »

Just about time to log off. Playing Uber driver and dropping the oldest off at a friend's house, she's going camping with them for the weekend. Here's to a 4-day weekend!

Take care, Dave.

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2023, 03:05:42 PM »

Raz back on page 3 where he belongs!   ;)
You understand whenever someone has ever tried to put me in my place, I start blowing things up. Just so's you're aware.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2023, 03:17:34 PM »

Christmas of 1970, my parents got me a racing car set that went under the name "Johnny Lightning." It was a competitor to Mattel's Hot Wheels. We set it up, and then my dad and my uncle Wayne proceeded to play with it all morning, and I got angry because I couldn't get a turn on my own gift. I was five at the time.

I was telling this story to a graphic artist  who was doing some work for me in 2001, and it inspired him to create a trademark for me, a little figure holding a lightning bolt in such a way that the bolt can be interpreted either as a powerful idea harnessed or a stylized guitar. It was perfect, and most of the people who know me know that little figure, Johnny L.

Johnny L is laser engraved on the back of the headstock of my custom guitars, and now is also embroidered upon the protective gear I had made for my favorite guitar amp and cabinet.

That graphic artist was married to a friend of mine. He turned out to be a total scumbag and was extradited to his native Canada. But that's another story altogether.

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2023, 04:12:44 PM »

[...]

Can't wait for the next installment of Johnny Lightning.

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2023, 04:33:21 PM »

[...]

Sounds like a children's series - "The Adventures of Johnny Lightning"
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4