CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 3/13/2023  (Read 1314 times)

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
Re: 3/13/2023
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2023, 12:54:49 PM »

Time for a call from Social Security.  Time to start collecting some of MY money before the damn politicians spend it on something else.
Need some payout from this Ponzi operation.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2023, 01:06:42 PM »

Damn, this dude was moving:

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/lamborghini-caught-speeding-152-mph-201516370.html

Not guilty! I'm sure he saw the sign on the sign of the road that said Route 154 and it was terribly confusing. Since he was only going 152 he was shocked when he got pulled over.
I'm pretty impressed a cop managed to get him to stop.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2023, 01:08:06 PM »

Time for a call from Social Security.  Time to start collecting some of MY money before the damn politicians spend it on something else.
I'd say save something for the rest of us, but that's really just a pipe dream at this point.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »

Save some for us!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2023, 01:18:00 PM »

Save some for us!
LALTS

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2023, 01:21:14 PM »

I'd say save something for the rest of us, but that's really just a pipe dream at this point.
Why? I've been hearing that for years but tons of people are still paying into it. I agree it's a Ponzi scheme, so how does it run out?  There needs to be money for me when it's my turn!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2023, 01:44:01 PM »

Why? I've been hearing that for years but tons of people are still paying into it. I agree it's a Ponzi scheme, so how does it run out?  There needs to be money for me when it's my turn!
My understanding is that it runs out because coming soon, many, many more people will be withdrawing from it than will be contributing to it. That's when the trouble starts. And since we're counting on Congress to fix the issues surrounding it, yikes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2023, 01:50:37 PM »

My understanding is that it runs out because coming soon, many, many more people will be withdrawing from it than will be contributing to it. That's when the trouble starts. And since we're counting on Congress to fix the issues surrounding it, yikes.
That's fair. But there are still many contributing and people are definitely dying. So I guess we'll see.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2023, 01:58:55 PM »

That's fair. But there are still many contributing and people are definitely dying. So I guess we'll see.
Well, I've never seen anything written about it saying everything's good, nothing to worry about. So I'm not confident, but definitely hoping I'm wrong.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2023, 02:18:32 PM »

Done contributing to the social security fund for the day, hazzuh!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2023, 04:29:03 PM »

Social Security lull.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2023, 05:29:19 PM »

It's another Connecticut Monday!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2023, 07:27:36 PM »

It's another Connecticut Monday!
Now it's Connecticut Evening

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2023, 08:53:45 PM »

Wordle 632 3/6*

🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Today's game is a psychological assessment. How early you guess it is a measure of how you see the world. ;-)
And if you miss it all together?
That's actually a good thing. It means you think there's hope for the world.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2023, 08:55:57 PM »

Good luck. The whole idea was stupid, and if you banked on it, well...nevermind.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6