Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2022, 09:04:41 PM »

Like I was discussing Viaje the other day.  This is the way I like to sample them rather than 5ers or boxes usually

https://www.smallbatchcigar.com/viaje-the-geishas-cigar

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2022, 09:07:07 PM »

Got a fiver bout a month ago
So, was your blind faith justified?
This is actually a decent smoke. This can't be an AB right?
Even they can get it right from time to time.

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2022, 09:08:52 PM »

Evening gents.

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2022, 09:09:15 PM »

Did Tony check in yet or did the interview take it out of him for the day?

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2022, 09:19:46 PM »

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2022, 09:29:16 PM »

Cain Daytona

« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2022, 09:43:29 PM »

Today I have to go to the post office to get a money order. I haven't done that in years. Who does that anymore?

Me, when I win an auction for a rifle that is located in South Carolina.
Maybe I can pick it up for you.
That's potentially illegal, and would nullify the buyer protection from the auction. But thanks for offering.
Hey, what's illegal anymore....
Not gonna mess with my second amendment!
All kinds of things are illegal. That doesn't stop bad people from doing bad things.
You heard him, Dave. Go pick yourself up a rifle.
Bad to the bone!
Well, if owning a rifle makes one bad, I expect I'm a candidate for Baddest of the Banter.

OK, I guess I'll concede.
Well, that does include shotguns. On the other hand, three rifles are not in the picture.
I wouldn't want to be on the other end of that
It's real easy to stay out of the way of the business ends of any of my weapons. ;-)

I didn't intentionally set out to have as many guns as I do, honestly. I became a collector by accident. I have several friends who are local LEOs, and on a couple of occasions they reached out to me when they were consulted by recently widowed ladies who wanted to be rid of their late husband's collections of firearms. Then there was the wife of a friend who struggled with mental illness and wanted his guns out of the house. I happened to have the capital, secure storage, and network of FFLs to make such dispositions quick and easy. And I'm an honest guy, unlike the pawnbrokers and even the gun stores. If they had something truly valuable, I'd explain to them what they had, what it was worth, and what I'd give them for it. With rare exceptions, even with my disclosures, they just wanted the guns gone and were happy to take what I offered.

So I ended up with a small arsenal. I kept most of the good stuff, or notified my collector friends if I had something decent that didn't fit my interest, and turned over a lot of junk to my FFLs to sell - legally.

My mentally ill friend and his wife offered me his accumulation for $50. It was mostly pretty cheap stuff, but $50 was absurd. I gave them $500, which represented about fifty cents on the dollar, and I told them so. They took it.

The regulation of firearms makes disposing of them fairly a nightmare of effort and time, even if they bring in the auction houses. But hey, it is what it is, and it makes life fun for me and my LEO friends. They know that if they discover some little old lady holding something they want, I'll hold it for them. It's a win all around.

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2022, 09:47:22 PM »

Raz, need to add this guitar to your collection!

https://www.wyff4.com/article/celebrating-blues-great-mac-arnolds-80th-birthday/40644853
Talk about fiery playing. ;-)

Y'know what? Sometimes these gimmicks really make a sound. I showed up for church rehearsal one day, and one of my best musicians had a three-string instrument made out of a cedar cigar box, and I played with that thing for about three minutes and said, "You're playing this tonight, on this particular song." It went over like gangbusters.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]